U at Buffalo Bulls new logo

zow2

UB unveiled it's new athletics logo today. Of course it's a Buffalo ....charging over the word BUFFALO. A rather mean and surly looking thing that includes a full body, legs and tail (Sabres fans might like that aspect!) The link is below and for comparison the old bull head logo can be seen on the same page in a promo to the bottom right.

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/football/

UB unveiled it's new athletics logo today.  Of course it's a Buffalo ....charging over the word BUFFALO.  A rather mean and surly looking thing that includes a full body, legs and tail (Sabres fans might like that aspect!)  The link is below and for comparison the old bull head logo can be seen on the same page in a promo to the bottom right. 

724788[/snapback]

That my friend is a Bull charging over the word Buffalo. Big difference. Even UB knows that your team's nickname should be the primary logo.

UB unveiled it's new athletics logo today.  Of course it's a Buffalo ....charging over the word BUFFALO.  A rather mean and surly looking thing that includes a full body, legs and tail (Sabres fans might like that aspect!)  The link is below and for comparison the old bull head logo can be seen on the same page in a promo to the bottom right. 

724788[/snapback]

It looks similar to the logo used when I attended UB in the late 70's-early 80's. That was during UB's return to Div III football back then. The logo then was a bit less "cartoon-ish", and looked something the Schlitz Malt Liquor bull referenced in another post. If I recall, there was some limited advertising tie on the campus then, something like"Don't say beer, Say Bull - UB Football" (Yay!) The logo was also hanging by the entrance in The Aud, along with Canisius, Buff States, and NU's, I believe.

The football programs at Auburn, Wisconsin, and Boston College are now scared schitless by the new bull logo. Forfeits are currently being negotiated.

August

Thur., 31 TEMPLE UB Stadium 7:00 pm

September

Sat., 9 at Bowling Green* Bowling Green, OH 6:00 pm

Sat., 16 at Northern Illinois* DeKalb, IL 7:30 pm

Sat., 23 at Auburn Auburn, AL 2:30 pm

October

Sat., 7 BALL STATE*% UB Stadium 1:00 pm

Sat., 14 MIAMI (OH)*# UB Stadium 1:00 pm

Sat., 21 at Ohio* Athens, OH 2:00 pm

Sat., 28 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA 1:00 pm

November

Sat., 4 KENT STATE* UB Stadium 1:00 pm

Thur., 9 at Akron* (ESPNU) Akron, OH 6:00 pm

Sat., 18 at Wisconsin Madison, WI TBA

Fri., 24 CENTRAL MICHIGAN* UB Stadium 1:00 pm

What was wrong with the old logo?

724885[/snapback]

The old logo won like 8 games in 8 years or something?!?!? Any new regime would want to make some cosmetic changes to get away from the losing mentality.