Nice surprise today

I still have DirecTV Select Choice - a basic package that isn't available any more but they haven't actually made me move up to the next level yet. NFL Network was not available until today, when it just started coming in.

'Course, they're showing repeats of the combine all day... :)

I keep checking.....day after day.....but my cable company (stinkin' Charter) likes to just RAM THE STAKE INTO MY HEART OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!! Ahem!.....sorry.....what I mean is, they list the programming for the NFL network on the guide, and the little NFL Network insignia comes up at the bottom of the screen when I go to channel 321.....but right when I feel that ounce of hope welling up inside me, they STAB ME IN THE FUGGIN HEART WITH THAT ESPN CLASSIC CRAP OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

I still have DirecTV Select Choice - a basic package that isn't available any more but they haven't actually made me move up to the next level yet.  NFL Network was not available until today, when it just started coming in.

'Course, they're showing repeats of the combine all day...  :)

724122[/snapback]

Also, DishNetwork Subscribers of Americas Top 60 programming (their basic

package) also has the NFL Network on from July 13th.....on channel 154.

After that, they'll show repeats of Total Access, followed by repeats of the Game of the Week, followed by repeats of Making the Squad, followed by repeats of In Their Own Words, followed by....

724126[/snapback]

Tampon Bay cheerleader tryouts followed by...

They really could do so much more with nfl network. Dig into the nfl films vault for instance have more shows with analysts breaking down teams, but to be fair other then butch davis, sterling sharpe and matt mayock they lack quality analysts. Darrin Horton is horrible. NFL Total access is really a waste of time, and between the repeats of in their own words/ 2003 NE PATRIOTS/IN THEIR OWN WORDS TOM BRADY. In their own words Emmitt Smith. or the 60 thousand times I've now seen NE/CAROLINA superbowl etc etc nfl network really falls flat on its face.

They really could do so much more with nfl network.  Dig into the nfl films vault for instance have more shows with analysts breaking down teams, but to be fair other then butch davis, sterling sharpe and matt mayock they lack quality analysts.  Darrin Horton is horrible. NFL Total access is really a waste of time, and between the repeats of in their own words/ 2003 NE PATRIOTS/IN THEIR OWN WORDS TOM BRADY.  In their own words Emmitt Smith. or the 60 thousand times I've now seen NE/CAROLINA superbowl  etc etc nfl network really falls flat on its face.

724260[/snapback]

They're not all bad, even considering their penchant for repeating shows ad nauseum.

Solomon Wilcots is, in my opinion, a very knowledgeable guy who comes off well on camera. I agree w/ you on Horton, who I don't like much. If they really want to make Total Access a great show, dump RICH Eisen, bring in Wilcots, and find some way to get Ron Jaworski (great @ reviewing game tape on preview/postgame shows) and Shannon Sharpe (knowledgeable and funny-he's great on Sirius' Moving the Chains show) to join the network.