Diplomacy, shmiplomacy

GG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franckly CTM, i hope the real business in this world is not made in that kind of conversations... I know it is sometimes a negociation tactic to play the fool, but GW is going a little too far  there....

725284[/snapback]

No...it pretty much is. The public face of "we're all polite, puritanical gentlemen who never, ever, ever use coarse language" is just that: the public face. Blair, Chirac, Putin...hell, even Merkel have said as bad or worse, I'm sure. You just never hear it, because no one ever leaves a hot mike sitting in front of them...

I almost have to admire the Daily Kos crowd. They managed to take screen grabs that make it look like a full-fledged assault. And then you watch the video and it looks like a whole bunch of nothing. Good grief.

He's still going to be President for 2.5 more years. Stop complaining about buttered rolls and imagined gropes and just come to terms with it.

No...it pretty much is.  The public face of "we're all polite, puritanical gentlemen who never, ever, ever use coarse language" is just that: the public face.  Blair, Chirac, Putin...hell, even Merkel have said as bad or worse, I'm sure.  You just never hear it, because no one ever leaves a hot mike sitting in front of them...

725299[/snapback]

You mean that reality is different from what we see on TV? Impossible.

No...it pretty much is.  The public face of "we're all polite, puritanical gentlemen who never, ever, ever use coarse language" is just that: the public face.  Blair, Chirac, Putin...hell, even Merkel have said as bad or worse, I'm sure.  You just never hear it, because no one ever leaves a hot mike sitting in front of them...

725299[/snapback]

i'm not talking about the "coarse" language, i was thinking about GW's deep opinions expressed in that conversation... it's not that he speaks like everybody, i really don't care about the words he uses, it's that it looks like he THINKS like any man picked in the street.

i'm not talking about the "coarse" language, i was thinking about GW's deep opinions expressed in that conversation... it's not that he speaks like everybody, i really don't care about the words he uses, it's that it looks like he THINKS like any man picked in the street.

725322[/snapback]

Oh. As for that...yeah, he thinks like any man picked in the street.

And to tell the truth...in this case, I don't have much of a problem with it. Granted, I don't expect him to create a masterpiece of foreign policy at the G8...but with people like Blair and Merkel around to do the real, deep thinking, a rube sitting around expressing simplistic and obvious insight like "Hey, guys, we need to tell the Syrians to knock this sh-- off..." can actually provide a valuable service.

Just so he's not doing any deep thinking on his own... :)

he JSP we love to have fun with Jacques, we do not need your help there! but  thanks God, Jacques is not the leader of the Free World...  but (why God?! why!) GW is... and sometimes it's scary...

725280[/snapback]

No, Chirac just THINKS he's the leader of the free world.

muahahahahaha

I just love how a bunch of messageboard weenies sit around and make fun of a guy who somehow managed to get MILLIONS of people to vote for him over the course of two presidential elections. You can't be an idiot and do that. You can SOUND like an idiot, but you can't actually BE one.

Oh.  As for that...yeah, he thinks like any man picked in the street.

And to tell the truth...in this case, I don't have much of a problem with it.  Granted, I don't expect him to create a masterpiece of foreign policy at the G8...but with people like Blair and Merkel around to do the real, deep thinking, a rube sitting around expressing simplistic and obvious insight like "Hey, guys, we need to tell the Syrians to knock this sh-- off..." can actually provide a valuable service.

Just so he's not doing any deep thinking on his own...  :)

725324[/snapback]

The man is elected to lead. Not think. ;)

The man is elected to lead. Not think. :)

725413[/snapback]

And frankly, he does a pretty good job of that. He surrounds himself with smart people and gives them direction, like a decent leader should. I can't recall any serious and well-founded complaints about his leadership. The direction he's leading us in, yes...but not his ability to lead us in that direction.

No, Chirac just THINKS he's the leader of the free world.

muahahahahaha

I just love how a bunch of messageboard weenies sit around and make fun of a guy who somehow managed to get MILLIONS of people to vote for him over the course of two presidential elections. You can't be an idiot and do that. You can SOUND like an idiot, but you can't actually BE one.

725397[/snapback]

No, you can be. Brains and electability are mutually exculsuve, otherwise Carter would be the most popular president in history...

And I guarantee you, I'm manifestly unsuited for the Oval Office...

725441[/snapback]

Ya don't say?

:)

Carter is such a genius that he's repeatedly duped by tyrants who run "fair" elections. Sorry if I don't buy it. You can be a nuclear physicist and still be a functional idiot.

Carter is such a genius that he's repeatedly duped by tyrants who run "fair" elections.

725444[/snapback]

It's called "being too smart for your own good". The most important quality for a president is probably decisiveness...smart people frequently don't possess it, because they're too busy thinking about sh-- to be decisive. Oft-times, they're too busy thinking about sh-- to see what's right in front of their faces.

Doesn't make him an "itios". It makes him a sh------- president.

Democrats have never cussed.  They're just so civil. :)

The media in this country is an absolute joke - though not as big of one as people who act like this is an issue.

725177[/snapback]

I just think its funny because some of the religious base that I know personally are shocked and appalled that a Christian would use such a term.

After all, its more important to be a good Christian over a good President when you are in his shoes. ;p

It's called "being too smart for your own good".  The most important quality for a president is probably decisiveness...smart people frequently don't possess it, because they're too busy thinking about sh-- to be decisive.  Oft-times, they're too busy thinking about sh-- to see what's right in front of their faces. 

Doesn't make him an "itios".  It makes him a sh------- president.

725447[/snapback]

But a pretty decent advisor.

Democrats have never cussed.  They're just so civil. :)

The media in this country is an absolute joke - though not as big of one as people who act like this is an issue.

725177[/snapback]

I agree. Reminds me of the time I was back home in NW Florida on vacation for a week. Clinton said "God Damnit" in frustration of his sneezing/allergies on CSPAN. The churchies in the area were livid. People need to get a life.

I agree.  Reminds me of the time I was back home in NW Florida on vacation for a week.  Clinton said "God Damnit" in frustration of his sneezing/allergies on CSPAN.  The churchies in the area were livid.  People need to get a life.

725467[/snapback]

:)

Uhhhh...it's called "separation of church and state", people? It works both ways. The government can't force a religion down your throat, so perhaps, just maybe, you shouldn't be looking to political leaders for your spiritual guidance? ;)

People are !@#$ing stupid.