This just in...Jason Peters

I am so sick and tired of hearing this crap about Peter's run blocking being sub par.  If anyone watches film of the second half of last year's season, check out how terrible Chris V. was.  Either he's getting too old or he was injured more than we knew last year because he absolutely sucked.  Check out the Cincy game where he gets completely turned around on the goaline on back to back plays (literally, he was facing the wrong way when both plays ended). 

A lot of people claim that as soon as MW's left the lineup and Peters took over at RT, Willis's production dropped off significantly....maybe so, but I blaim this on Chris V.'s performance in the last eight games of last year. 

If you have the opportunity to go back and watch the games....do it, and watch Peters because he sure as hell can Run Block.  Lets not forget that he's still developing but if you want to see what he's capable of watch the second Jets game and then come tell me his Run Blocking skills are below average.

723125[/snapback]

You're sure right about Villarrial. But last year everyone thought he was great.

Peters has a lot of upside. Let's hope it works out.

I think Preston is probably ready for extensive playing time this season if need be, whether he starts or not. If Villareal struggles or gets hurt, I don't thing the Bills will have near as much problem with dropoff as they did last season. I don't know if the same can be said for Geisinger, who I thought was a pretty big disappointment last season. I really thought he'd be better as a rookie than he was.

Really? :)

724608[/snapback]

Coming into last season, CV was the best RG who played for us in the last 10 or so years. There was every reason (imo) to think that he was going to be a solid RG last year.

Unfortunately, injuries and perhaps age took their toll. This season I don't know what to expect, but there is less reason for optimism until he gets on the field and regains the form that we saw in his first season here.

I think Preston is probably ready for extensive playing time this season if need be, whether he starts or not.  If Villareal struggles or gets hurt, I don't thing the Bills will have near as much problem with dropoff as they did last season.  I don't know if the same can be said for Geisinger, who I thought was a pretty big disappointment last season.  I really thought he'd be better as a rookie than he was.

724561[/snapback]

There's no cause for concern. If we can't find a G to play to CVs level then we're hurtin. Preston should easily be able to take over the role.