Plame to sue- cheney-rove and scooter

Since Bush went back on his word and isn't holding the leakers accountable, I'm glad that someone is trying to. There was no reason to disclose her identity other than to get back at someone who threatened to poke holes in the administration's claims about nuclear programs in Iraq, which was the main scare tactic used to persuade Americans to support the invasion of Iraq.

I'll repeat it again for all you people who don't get it. The person who wrote the law said there was no basis for any charges. Plame was NOT covert. If anyone disclosed it, she did. She was in Who's Who in DC for god's sake. Libby is was charged for purgury, not for disclosing anything. Just a ploy for them to sell books.

I'll repeat it again for all you people who don't get it.

723293[/snapback]

its not that they don't get it, they just don't hear you. you're kinda drowned out by the sound of all the hippie's singing...Koom-bay-ya BushBad! Koom-bay-ya

I'll repeat it again for all you people who don't get it. The person who wrote the law said there was no basis for any charges. Plame was NOT covert. If anyone disclosed it, she did. She was in Who's Who in DC for god's sake. Libby is was charged for purgury, not for disclosing anything. Just a ploy for them to sell books.

723293[/snapback]

I really don't know much about the above case and legal proceedings.

When it comes to the constitution I quess your supposed to honor it especially a president :) Then again constitution smonstitution :) One of those appearances to explain to the public that he would use a court order on the patriot act was in Buffalo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgjBd-FR4g&search=bush

You think he does?  :)  :(

723300[/snapback]

There's an old saying in tennessee and I know it's in Texas it's probally tennessee.

It says fool me once........shame on......ah!!!!!......shame on you............ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!fool me can't get fooled again :)

Victoria Toensig (sp?) is the person who wrote the law.

The law staes the person has to be covert currently or within 5 years. Plame was a desk jockey at Langley for >5 years and her neighbors and the people they hobnobed at DC parties with also knew she worked at the CIA. IT WAS NO SECRET. The prosecutor said there was no law broken by Chaney or Rove or Libby. What Libby is charged with is lying to the grand jury, not breaking the law by revealing anything about Plame. Why the hell is anyone not going after the old guy from CNN (alzheimers just hit me- can't remember his name)? He seems to have known this first.

There is no there there.

its not that they don't get it, they just don't hear you.  you're kinda drowned out by the sound of all the hippie's singing...Koom-bay-ya BushBad! Koom-bay-ya

723296[/snapback]

:):):(

I'm throwing this in as one of my sig lines.

its not that they don't get it, they just don't hear you.  you're kinda drowned out by the sound of all the hippie's singing...Koom-bay-ya BushBad! Koom-bay-ya

723296[/snapback]

Well there's a new one. :) Ever care to entertain the thought that your own ad nauseum replies offer nothing more of substance to the discussion than the so-called "Bush Bad!" does? Probably not, I'll wager.

Since Bush went back on his word and isn't holding the leakers accountable, I'm glad that someone is trying to. 

723237[/snapback]

The person most responsible for Valerie Plame being outed is still Valerie Plame. If you're "covert" you don't use your job to get your husband a trip to Africa on behalf of the CIA so that he can later misrepresent his own findings in the New. York. Times.

Did Joe Wilson really think no one was going to look into how he got the Africa gig while he was getting face time on the news shows for his editorial??

These two are a joke and the Senate Intelligence Committee report spelled that out. Plame got Wilson the job (though she tried to claim she had nothing to do with it) and Wilson's editorial contridicted his own CIA report. Thank goodness we have such stand-up people working on our national security. :):)

The person most responsible for Valerie Plame being outed is still Valerie Plame.  If you're "covert" you don't use your job to get your husband a trip to Africa on behalf of the CIA so that he can later misrepresent his own findings in the New. York.  Times. 

Did Joe Wilson really think no one was going to look into how he got the Africa gig while he was getting face time on the news shows for his editorial??

These two are a joke and the Senate Intelligence Committee report spelled that out.  Plame got Wilson the job (though she tried to claim she had nothing to do with it) and Wilson's editorial contridicted his own CIA report.  Thank goodness we have such stand-up people working on our national security.  :)  :)

723493[/snapback]

If Joe Wilson swallowed the Kool-Aid and went along with the administration's scheme to stretch the truth to make possibilities about WMDs sound like certainties, there never would have been any attempt to discredit him and disclose his wife's job. It was political retribution for putting a hole in the administration's claims. I just hope Cheney doesn't weasel out of this by again claiming some executive privledge or immunity. But since Clinton had to testify under oath in Clinton v Jones, he shouldn't be allowed to.

If Joe Wilson swallowed the Kool-Aid and went along with the administration's scheme to stretch the truth to make possibilities about WMDs sound like certainties, there never would have been any attempt to discredit him and disclose his wife's job. 

723607[/snapback]

Are you listening? Joe !@#$ing Wilson filed a report that supported the WMD claims! Then he wrote an editorial in the NYT that talks about how other people inflated those same claims.

I guess we could blame the Bush administration for actually believing the CIA, which failed us. Again.

Robert Novak was on Meet the Depressed yesterday. He said there was nothing there and his major source was Who's Who! He didn't testify because the prosecutor already knew his sources (although Novak doesn't know how he got them).

All of you who think that it was Rove, et al- read the transcript.

Are you listening?  Joe !@#$ing Wilson filed a report that supported the WMD claims!  Then he wrote an editorial in the NYT that talks about how other people inflated those same claims.

I guess we could blame the Bush administration for actually believing the CIA, which failed us.  Again.

723827[/snapback]

That Wilson's findings supported the claim is so wrong and disingenuous it's laughable. What he found was the yellow cake claim was a lie but someone may have actually lied about it. That's the finding that "supported" the claim. What he found was the thing was a forgery and false. A misleading and disingenuous analysis of what he found and said that it supported the claim is a bigger falsehood than the claim itself.

That Wilson's findings supported the claim is so wrong and disingenuous it's laughable. What he found was the yellow cake claim was a lie but someone may have actually lied about it. That's the finding that "supported" the claim. What he found was the thing was a forgery and false. A misleading and disingenuous analysis of what he found and said that it supported the claim is a bigger falsehood than the claim itself.

724241[/snapback]

Washington Post:

Link

Wilson's assertions -- both about what he found in Niger and what the Bush administration did with the information -- were undermined yesterday in a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report.

The panel found that Wilson's report, rather than debunking intelligence about purported uranium sales to Iraq, as he has said, bolstered the case for most intelligence analysts. And contrary to Wilson's assertions and even the government's previous statements, the CIA did not tell the White House it had qualms about the reliability of the Africa intelligence that made its way into 16 fateful words in President Bush's January 2003 State of the Union address.

The report said Plame told committee staffers that she relayed the CIA's request to her husband, saying, "there's this crazy report" about a purported deal for Niger to sell uranium to Iraq. The committee found Wilson had made an earlier trip to Niger in 1999 for the CIA, also at his wife's suggestion.

The report also said Wilson provided misleading information to The Washington Post last June. He said then that he concluded the Niger intelligence was based on documents that had clearly been forged because "the dates were wrong and the names were wrong."

"Committee staff asked how the former ambassador could have come to the conclusion that the 'dates were wrong and the names were wrong' when he had never seen the CIA reports and had no knowledge of what names and dates were in the reports," the Senate panel said. Wilson told the panel he may have been confused and may have "misspoken" to reporters. The documents -- purported sales agreements between Niger and Iraq -- were not in U.S. hands until eight months after Wilson made his trip to Niger.

Wilson's reports to the CIA added to the evidence that Iraq may have tried to buy uranium in Niger, although officials at the State Department remained highly skeptical, the report said.

:):flirt::blush:

Joe Wilson could be a hero if he wasn't a fraud and a liar.

Washington Post:

Link

:)  :flirt:  :blush:

Joe Wilson could be a hero if he wasn't a fraud and a liar.

724410[/snapback]

This is exactly why it's so laughably disingenuous and stupid. You're using the exact same kind of embarrassing refutal which isn't a refutal at all that I am talking about. Like, for example, Joe Wilson lied about when the reports were found to be complete forgeries. He said he knew they were complete forgeries eight months before it was determined they were complete forgeries. So what. They were complete forgeries. I am not talking about whatever the slimeball Wilson says, and how he made himself out to be some sort or martyr. I'm talking about the actual case and what he actually found and what the Bush administration did, which was to imply and say there was a Nigerian attempt to sell yellow cake to Iraq when there is zero evidence of that. What there is is refuted and unsubstantiated evidence that some citizen of Niger MAY have had some brief and unacted upon communication with some citizen of Iraq. But nothing ever became of it and the Bush adminstration itself refutes ever happening.

This is exactly why it's so laughably disingenuous and stupid. You're using the exact same kind of embarrassing refutal which isn't a refutal at all that I am talking about. Like, for example, Joe Wilson lied about when the reports were found to be complete forgeries. He said he knew they were complete forgeries eight months before it was determined they were complete forgeries. So what. They were complete forgeries. I am not talking about whatever the slimeball Wilson says, and how he made himself out to be some sort or martyr. I'm talking about the actual case and what he actually found and what the Bush administration did, which was to imply and say there was a Nigerian attempt to sell yellow cake to Iraq when there is zero evidence of that. What there is is refuted and unsubstantiated evidence that some citizen of Niger MAY have had some brief and unacted upon communication with some citizen of Iraq. But nothing ever became of it and the Bush adminstration itself refutes ever happening.

724420[/snapback]

I don't know if I would totally say that.

My fuzzy memory recalls that while the documents you cite were total forgeries, they weren't the basis of the yellow cake claim. IIRC, the British intelligence was the source for the yellowcake story and they stand by their account.