Patriots viewpoint on the Bills

Actually, I thought that was surprisingly on the money.

It fairly listed our faults while also putting some into perspective.....Ace running back Willis McGahee was utilized surprisingly infrequently in the red-zone as well as on third downs.

The article also was not afraid of giving praise......Aaron Schobel may be the most underrated defensive end in the league and is a terror rushing off the edge..

For a Pats article.....I am quite surprised by it's balance.

The guy kind of took a cheap shot at the OL....by not mentioning the

acquisitons of Reyes and Fowler.....They may not have been star additions,

at least they are better than a seventh round pick that we have signed.

722793[/snapback]

How do we know the additions of Fowler and Reyes will make any difference?

How do we know the additions of new TE's will make any difference?

How do we know the additions of new DT's will make any difference?

How do we know the additions of new coaches will make any difference?

They may or may not.

Until something positive and tangible proves the Bills are better than 5-11, then it's best to wait before jumping to conclusions.

The team will look different than last year, but the record may not be different.

Time will tell.

It looks to me like there are way too many hurdles to jump this year. A team with so many question marks ....

They may or may not.

Until something positive and tangible proves the Bills are better than 5-11, then it's best to wait before jumping to conclusions.

The team will look different than last year, but the record may not be different.

Time will tell.

It looks to me like there are way too many hurdles to jump this year.  A team with so many question marks ....

722821[/snapback]

I certainly have no expectations they will be better, but I certainly hope for it.

While the chances may be remote as far as any particular piece one chooses working out and it simply being impossible that every piece will work out the way as planned, I certainly can see not unreasonable or impossible occurences having to take place for any one piece to work quite well.

They may or may not.

Time will tell.

It looks to me like there are way too many hurdles to jump this year.  A team with so many question marks ....

722821[/snapback]

The Pats article was simply oblivious to the moves on the O-Line. It wasn't that they knowingly disregarded them, they seemed to not even realize that they happened. Tutan Reyes has been a starting guard for 2 seasons, and on a playoff team who is actually considered the favorite for the superbowl. He WILL be an upgrade over fat Bennie, who doesn't belong in the NFL. We'll have to wait and see about Fowler, but I've hated Teague for years, so just having anyone else in there gives me encouragement.

On the defensive side we really don't know how the new system will work, but it would be hard pressed to turn out a worse effort than last year. Milloy, it turned out, was a major liability and Sam Adams barely saw the field as it was.

The guy kind of took a cheap shot at the OL....by not mentioning the

acquisitons of Reyes and Fowler.....They may not have been star additions,

at least they are better than a seventh round pick that we have signed.

722793[/snapback]

Absolutely it was cheap shot! The arrogance never ends in NE. It's be a great day when the Bills finally start kicking Patriot putt again. Unfortunately it's not likely to be this season.

They may or may not.

Time will tell.

722821[/snapback]

When a team is coming off a bad season, the questions are inevitable. Unless you sign established stars in gree agency, and the Bills had too many holes to do that, any of the changes you do make are going to be question marks. Iagree that a winning record is unlikely this coming season, but I still like what the Bills did. The got younger, they got more athletic, they got quicker, and they seem to have raised the level of character on the team. I think they may be good for two or three more wins this year, but i think the stage could be set (if the QB question gets answered this year) for a verry strong season in 2007.

The Pats article was simply oblivious to the moves on the O-Line.  It wasn't that they knowingly disregarded them, they seemed to not even realize that they happened. 

722843[/snapback]

IMO your view here is more likely than others views of a cheap shot regarding the O-Line.

It could also have been edited down for size. Not likely....but possible.

Why would they throw a cheap shot at the O-Line & laud Schobel?

Absolutely it was cheap shot!  The arrogance never ends in NE.  It's be a great day when the Bills finally start kicking Patriot putt again.  Unfortunately it's not likely to be this season.

722847[/snapback]

Cheap shot LOL...

Fowler and Reyes are careepr backups in the mold of the rest of our freaking OL.

They may or may not.

Time will tell.

722821[/snapback]

My point was not whether they are going to make a difference or not....The guy was talkingn about a team in transition and forgot to mention the 3 new changes that we saw on the OL/TE and SS spot.

Cheap shot LOL...

Fowler and Reyes are careepr backups in the mold of the rest of our freaking OL.

722908[/snapback]

The cheap shot was in mentioning that the only upgrade made on the line was

signing a 7th round draft pick..... ;)

I suppose if one were looking for an objective article, a bad place to check would be on a Pats website. It would be a lot to ask for something fair and balanced.

My hope would be that BB and the rest of the Patriot team have already started looking past the Bills in week one for all the right reasons---Marv and Ralph's combined age equals roughly the half-life of plutonium, no big name pick-ups in the off-season, the consensus reaching for draft choices etc etc etc (unfortunately, BB and his peeps seem to know how to prep properly for most games).

On the other hand, I went to the Bills-Pats game at Lady Shick stadium last season and as well know, the Bills had a legitimate shot to beat them until our coaching staff remembered HOLY SH*T--WE COULD NEVER BEAT THE CHAMPS AT HOME SO WE SHOULD PLAY FOR A TIE.

Anyway, like the fool I am, I'm going out again opening day, and perhaps a little karma will shine on me. I've doubled my church offerings the past few months, I've helped old ladies across the street, I've beaten neither my children nor my dog, forgiven Scott Norwood, and asked my wife for none of what she refers to as "deviant physical interaction" for the past two weeks.

Oh yeah--my point---if you're going to write an article, it's tough to perceive it as accurate if you fail to mention 40-60% of the moves made in the offseason. Call them bad moves, criticize the players selected, but to totally fail to mention them makes this writer look like the lead engineer on the Big Dig project.