So I just watched tape of 37-7 victory over KC

Even that defense was awesome. Bennett was all over the field, we had 4 or 5 picks. Lots of heat from the front 7 even with a severly hobbled Bruce Smith barely able to push off a bad knee.

KC's coordinators in the game:

Defense - Bill Cowher

Offense - Joe Pendry

The passion of the fans... Man I miss that. :doh:

Thurman could do it all.

Good times :o

I was at that game. If I'm not mistaken, the media hype leading up to that game was focused on whether our soft middle D would be able to stop KC's power backs (Okoye and Word). Early on in that game - perhaps the first KC drive - Bennett answered that question by shooting into the backfield and absolutely obliterating one of those guys. That got the fans into it and KC never recovered. I'm thinking of the right game, correct?

was that the came when Bruce Smith beat on Joe Montana like a school girl?

i remember being in the upper deck of that game. it was one of those days where the wind chill was below zero but it felt balmy. :o

was that the came when Bruce Smith beat on Joe Montana like a school girl?

i remember being in the upper deck of that game.  it was one of those days where the wind chill was below zero but it felt balmy.  :o

722711[/snapback]

Nah... that was the AFC Championship game where Thurman racked up a ton of yards. IIRC, Buffalo 30 KC 13.

I was at that game.  If I'm not mistaken, the media hype leading up to that game was focused on whether our soft middle D would be able to stop KC's power backs (Okoye and Word).  Early on in that game - perhaps the first KC drive - Bennett answered that question by shooting into the backfield and absolutely obliterating one of those guys.  That got the fans into it and KC never recovered.  I'm thinking of the right game, correct?

722675[/snapback]

That's the one. Norwood did the tomohawk chop on 'em.

Bill Walsh must've had a sore neck after fellating Cornelius for 3 hours... :o

I remember that year the Bills got hammered at Arrowhead on Monday Night Football that year 33-7, and I remember Kelly after the game saying something to the effect "that is the last Christmas gift Kansas City will get from us all year"

My memory may be bad on this one, but wasn't Marv Levy was fined $1,000 by the NFL for using bad language in KC when he was caught by the MNF crew during a 4 letter word lip reader's delight???

Even that defense was awesome.  Bennett was all over the field, we had 4 or 5 picks.  Lots of heat from the front 7 even with a severly hobbled Bruce Smith barely able to push off a bad knee.

Defense - Bill Cowher

Offense - Joe Pendry

The passion of the fans... Man I miss that. :flirt:

Thurman could do it all.

Good times  ;)

722659[/snapback]

they played a great game but that defense was far from awesome, they were run over all year long

they played a great game but that defense was far from awesome, they were run over all year long

722797[/snapback]

I was speaking specifically about that game. And they played well against Denver the next week too. Then came the Redskins... ;)

Ahh the glory days. Bennett was a stud one of my all-time favorite Bills. I have the NFL films video from 91 and they show us just getting destroyed by KC and the entire stadium is giving us the Homatawk Chop and then later in the show when they get to the playoff game they show this Buffalo fan with a Buffalo head type of hat thing and holding a big sign that said REMEMBER ARROWHEAD and then the guy talking in the background is like The fans in Buffalo remembered Arrowhead but the last time these two teams met two things were missing, Nose Tackle Jeff Wright and then they show fans in the crowd yelling BRRUUUCCCEEE and show him running out of the tunnel in a frenzied Rich Stadium and then later in the highlights the guy was like well at least one thing was still the same and it shows all the Bills fans and some Bills players on the sidelines doing a mock Tomahawk chop which was hilarious and the music in background is perfect. That game recap gives me the chills everytime I watch it. Ahh the glory days.

I have the NFL films video from 91 and they show us just getting destroyed by KC and the entire stadium is giving us the Homatawk Chop and then later in the show when they get to the playoff game they show this Buffalo fan with a Buffalo head type of hat thing and holding a big sign that said REMEMBER ARROWHEAD and then the guy talking in the background is like The fans in Buffalo remembered Arrowhead but the last time these two teams met two things were missing, Nose Tackle Jeff Wright and then they show fans in the crowd yelling BRRUUUCCCEEE and show him running out of the tunnel in a frenzied Rich Stadium and then later in the highlights the guy was like well at least one thing was still the same and it shows all the Bills fans and some Bills players on the sidelines doing a mock Tomahawk chop which was hilarious and the music in background is perfect. 

722833[/snapback]

I think you just channelled Faulkner.

Steve DeBerrrrrg.....with the f'ed up finger.  Had to bring in Marc Vlasic.

;)

And yeah, Biscuit put Barry Word on his ass in the first drive.

:flirt:

722870[/snapback]

We did have a history of getting to the 2nd string QB in those playoff runs. 3 of the 4 championship games also ended with the #2 QB in there.

We did have a history of getting to the 2nd string QB in those playoff runs.  3 of the 4 championship games also ended with the #2 QB in there.

722926[/snapback]

Montana left that one game.....I don't remember who replaced him.....Steve Bono?

Vince Evans came in to the Raider game cause Schroeder threw about 15 interceptions.

;)

Montana left that one game.....I don't remember who replaced him.....Steve Bono?

Vince Evans came in to the Raider game cause Schroeder threw about 15 interceptions.

;)

722936[/snapback]

Dave Kreig replaced Montana. Elway also left with a thigh bruise and was replaced by Gary Kubiak.

I have the NFL films video from 91 and they show us just getting destroyed by KC and the entire stadium is giving us the Homatawk Chop and then later in the show when they get to the playoff game they show this Buffalo fan with a Buffalo head type of hat thing and holding a big sign that said REMEMBER ARROWHEAD and then the guy talking in the background is like The fans in Buffalo remembered Arrowhead but the last time these two teams met two things were missing, Nose Tackle Jeff Wright and then they show fans in the crowd yelling BRRUUUCCCEEE and show him running out of the tunnel in a frenzied Rich Stadium and then later in the highlights the guy was like well at least one thing was still the same and it shows all the Bills fans and some Bills players on the sidelines doing a mock Tomahawk chop which was hilarious and the music in background is perfect. 

722833[/snapback]

One of the most impressive sentences ever posted. I love the use of the comma about halfway through, just to break things up a little. ;)

It reads like you took a few bumpers before you started typing. I like it!

I was at that game. What I remember most was how 80,000 fans did the "tomahawk chop" everytime the Bills scored.

I also remember, after the game was out of reach, one of the KC wideouts running out to the middle of the field and doing the tomahawk chop after he caught a pass for a frist down. No booing....just loud, mocking laughter.

I'm not the type of guy to harp on "The good old days", but in playoff games during those years, you had a sense that this team was a freight train that no one could stop.

Even that defense was awesome.  Bennett was all over the field, we had 4 or 5 picks.  Lots of heat from the front 7 even with a severly hobbled Bruce Smith barely able to push off a bad knee.

Defense - Bill Cowher

Offense - Joe Pendry

The passion of the fans... Man I miss that. :flirt:

Thurman could do it all.

Good times  ;)

722659[/snapback]

...wasn't he touring with his band U2?

:)

723226[/snapback]

No, he was either quarterbacking (backup vocals) with either Pittsburgh, SFrisco or KC.

And now that Jay mentioned it, I remember Kubiak coming into the game and trying to save the day for Denver. Didn't Elway almost pass out at the post game press conference?

:)