WR Lymon and RB Moats

I watched highlights and saw Lymons (U Cal?) catch passes while fully extended. How good is this guy?

As for Moats (La Tech?), for some reason he reminds me of Travis, with much more speed, and of course, less strength. He was making people miss tackles. Do you know anything about him?

Btw, the LT on Florida. St is not in the top ten in the other thread, but I am guessing that he will be a top 5 pick.

Of course, these questions are directed to R.Rich, but I would appreciate answers from anyone who has seen these guys.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched highlights and saw Lymons (U Cal?) catch passes while fully extended. How good is this guy?

As for Moats (La Tech?), for some reason he reminds me of Travis, with much more speed, and of course, less strength. He was making people miss tackles. Do you know anything about him?

Btw, the LT on Florida. St is not in the top ten in the other thread, but I am guessing that he will be a top 5 pick.

Of course, these questions are directed to R.Rich, but I would appreciate answers from anyone who has seen these guys.

Thanks.

53691[/snapback]

Sorry for not seeing this one, Bill. Here's what I think:

Moats is an up and comer. Guys like Cedric Benson and freshman megastar Adrian Peterson may get more press, but he's right up there. He's got speed galore, but he also is very good at finding the open spot on the field and using his blockers. Though he doesn't have the Eddie George type frame, he's got a compact build that, along with his speed, allows him to be a very shifty back ala Barry Sanders. I remember reading some pre-season articles about Moats wondering just how well he'd do without Luke McCown running the spread offense for La Tech. To those 'experts'..............any more questions??

Lyman is finally healthy, for the first time in about 5 years. It's unfortunate, because he's a strong receiver as well as a pretty fast one. BUT, with 5 injuries that required operations in 4 years and with another pretty severe ankle injury that almost required one, he's going to be a big risk beyond this season. Durability will be the main issue for him. If his injuries are a thing of the past, then someone will get a really good WR next year. If not, it'll be more of the same for Chase: more "what could have been" talk because of injuries.

We discussed Alex Barron in another post and you know I think he's a good OL prospect for next year. Not the clear-cut best, but a really good one.

• 1 month later...

Updates?

Well, Geoff McArthur is out for Cal's bowl game (again), so Lyman could get a shot.

Moats didn't impress me in the La Tech-Boise State game, but he's still a very promising RB.

I still have a huge stack of tapes of college games to go through between now and draft time, so I'll be plenty busy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...