Which Car Insurance company do you use?

I've never looked at their insurance ratings before, but does anyone actually trust JD Power ratings?

their car ratings are complete bullstevestojan

best initial quality? cars aren't supposed to break down in their first 90 days

best in class? sometimes there are 4 cars in its class

it seems like if someone throws money at JD Power and Assoc., you get an award

I've never looked at their insurance ratings before, but does anyone actually trust JD Power ratings?

their car ratings are complete bullstevestojan

best initial quality? cars aren't supposed to break down in their first 90 days

best in class? sometimes there are 4 cars in its class

it seems like if someone throws money at JD Power and Assoc., you get an award

722499[/snapback]

Its just a tool to shop. Ultimately it boils down to your own experience. Just look at the responses in this thread for example. I have my Homeowners and car through, Liberty Mutual. They've been great, but look where they're rated.

Its just a tool to shop. Ultimately it boils down to your own experience. Just look at the responses in this thread for example. I have my Homeowners and car through, Liberty Mutual. They've been great, but look where they're rated.

722507[/snapback]

Aren't your insurer choices...drying up? :o

State Farm Mutual. You have to be in regular state farm, no accidents for a while then your agent can apply to move you over. I have better rates then geico can by several hundred dollars, great service, and everything else Dan says above. Even if it was more, I would not switch.

State Farm for over 20 years. It started with covering my beat-up Chevette, but now they cover both cars, my house, personal prooperty (wedding rings, etc), life insurance, and all of the insurance for my company, including life, workman's comp, E&O, equipment, etc.

They're not going to be the cheapest, but they are without question by your side at all times. In fact, my agent calls me monthly just to check in, and you'd be hard pressed to find an insurance company as solid as them.

They recently offered up a chance for wifey and I to increase our life insurance policies by $250K each with nothing more than a signature. Not sure what that was about as my agent says he's never seen them do it, but we jumped on the opportunity.

State Farm for over 20 years. It started with covering my beat-up Chevette, but now they cover both cars, my house, personal prooperty (wedding rings, etc), life insurance, and all of the insurance for my company, including life, workman's comp, E&O, equipment, etc.

They're not going to be the cheapest, but they are without question by your side at all times. In fact, my agent calls me monthly just to check in, and you'd be hard pressed to find an insurance company as solid as them.

They recently offered up a chance for wifey and I to increase our life insurance policies by $250K each with nothing more than a signature. Not sure what that was about as my agent says he's never seen them do it, but we jumped on the opportunity.

722704[/snapback]

Due to increased life expectancies LI rates have dropped over the years. Is it term? If so that's probably why.

You need to remember you credit score is a HUGE variable in your rates.

I sell for NYCentral, Progressive, GMAC and a few others...Your age doesn't help you much but if you had your license more than 3 years that helps...We are in presently negotiating w/AIG and Encompass..

Encompass (Allstates independant company) or Allstates rates are good. I'm not a big Geico fan. I've had clients that got a nice 6 month rate but after that it went sky high. If you live on your own, I'd suggest a major carrior like Allsate but get a renters policy as well. You get a multi-policy discount that way. Some carriers will give you standard rates at 25, some 24 but they all have their own rules.

Make copies of your insurance put your drivers license, DOB and SS# and drop/fax copies to you local agents. That way you they can give you an accurate quote otherwise the quote wont mean ****.

Good luck, but your credit rating is a Major issue...

I had NJ Manufacturers (on my parents policy, my dad was paying 600 a year for the both of us, and got a rebate), but when I bough tthis car, I had to go on my own.

I have to wait 6 months to go back (due to a ticket) and Geico was by far the cheapest around ($1200 cheaper than Allstate :) ).

Their customer service has been outstanding as well.

I have Erie in Virginia. Havet had any problems, but any company can take your money without a problem.

Personally, AMICA Mutual is one of the best companies out there. Excellent customer service, good rates.

USAA is also very good (so I have heard). If you can get in with them. You need to have military connections I believe.