Uni question...hypothetical of course

duey

So, given the enthusiasm expressed by fans and media alike, it's clear that the throwbacks are deeply loved for the Bills and the blue & gold are the same for the Sabres. My question is...why the hell doesn't management of both teams recognize this and make the these jerseys permanent? If $$$ is the issue, fans would continue to snap up the throwbacks, and would start buying the blue & golds like crazy.

Is common sense what we're missing here?

So, given the enthusiasm expressed by fans and media alike, it's clear that the throwbacks are deeply loved for the Bills and the blue & gold are the same for the Sabres.  My question is...why the hell doesn't management of both teams recognize this and make the these jerseys permanent?  If $$$ is the issue, fans would continue to snap up the throwbacks, and would start buying the blue & golds like crazy.

722176[/snapback]

you got me...it really does seem like the SAME issue for boht buffalo franchises

722176[/snapback]

I think it's people in the respective front offices who do things to try to justify their jobs, mixed in with the notion that newer is always better. Hence ideas like "Oooo, pinstriping is in right now!" and "Why not add a 40th color to the helmet?" :w00t:

The throwback jerseys really shocked me in their departure from this.

Buffalo sports uniforms can be fixed once and for all: :o

Bisons go back to their late 80s, early 90s uniform.

Bandits go back to their uniforms of the first few years of existence.

Bills go back to the throwbacks.....blue jersey/white pants.....white jersey/blue pants....incorporate the mid 70s to early 80s white helmet with present day logo.

Sabres.....get rid of that croissant logo and go back to something similar to the original blue and gold designs.

Personally, I think most of these sports would be truly entertaining if the players were in the nude except for gas tanks on their hips which would burst into flames after a particularly hard hit.

Now these would be extreme games!

722326[/snapback]

i scared! for two reasons: the nekkid part and the fact that THIS JUST MIGHT BE THE SHORTEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN FROM YOU!!!!

So, given the enthusiasm expressed by fans and media alike, it's clear that the throwbacks are deeply loved for the Bills and the blue & gold are the same for the Sabres.  My question is...why the hell doesn't management of both teams recognize this and make the these jerseys permanent?  If $$$ is the issue, fans would continue to snap up the throwbacks, and would start buying the blue & golds like crazy.

722176[/snapback]

For that matter why do the Chargers not switch to their powder blue unis full time? They're the best NFL uniform I've ever seen but they only wear 'em a few times a year.

Not everyone loves the throwbacks...I'd like to see them once or twice a year, but that's about it.

722866[/snapback]

i agree. i like the throwbacks a couple of imes per year. other than that i happen to like our new jerseys. The roadies are a bit iffy, but i love the home blue on blue look.

722176[/snapback]

You are right duey, it continues to be mind-blowing that some things which seem so blatently obvious to us as fans are completely missed by management. More so for the Bills, but lump the Sabres into that group with this recent uniform debacle.

As for the Bills throwbacks, I like them as a change of pace, but I think once or twice a year will keep them special. Same with the Chargers- great throwback, but wearing it sporadically makes it a special occasion, rather than the norm.

How can you NOT like those unis?  They're classic and simple (just like the Bills throw backs).

722510[/snapback]

The power of the Powder Blues.

I like how the Giants and Jets went to retro designs full time. I like the Bills and Chargers throwbacks. However, I Miami and the Bengals benefit from never going to throwbacks at all. Same for Seattle. And I like the Texans, and how their unis look like retros.