Sabres Schedule 2006-2007

did i hear correctly this morning that there are no regular season games scheduled to be played in Rochester?  No big deal to me....just curious.

722441[/snapback]

I haven't looked closely at the schedule, but I was invoiced for 41 games, so it looks like there are no Ra-cha-cha games this year.

I also saw on TSR that there are fewer Value games this year than last.

I haven't looked closely at the schedule, but I was invoiced for 41 games, so it looks like there are no Ra-cha-cha games this year.

I also saw on TSR that there are fewer Value games this year than last.

722448[/snapback]

looks like most are silver and bronze..only Leafs and some Habs are GOLD

W/ the "new" NHL, they increased the emphasis on division rivals (8 games in division like back in the mid-'80's, vs 6 games pre-lockout).  To accomodate that, they went to playing 1 home game vs each team from 1 opposite conference division, 1 road game vs another division's teams, and skipping the 3rd division.

Sabres skipped the worst division in hockey last year (St. Louis, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, & Nashville) and are on the road against them this year.  So Buffalo will travel to LA, Dallas, SJ, Phoenix, and Anaheim next year but don't play them at all this season.

722306[/snapback]

Wow, I watched nearly every game this past season, between December and throughout the playoffs, and never realized that the Sabres did not play a whole division...thanks for the info...I feel dumber than usual.... :o

Wow, I watched nearly every game this past season, between December and throughout the playoffs,  and never realized that the Sabres did not play a whole division...thanks for the info...I feel dumber than usual.... :o

722501[/snapback]

The league as a whole last year played their opposite conference in 2 - ~1-1/2 week blocks, so if you weren't paying close attention prior to December I can see where you could easily have thought the "other" (nonexistant) conference swap was back in late October or November.