No more throwback uni's

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully they'll throw away those montreal alouettes away jerseys while they're at it.

721614[/snapback]

I know I'm in the minority -- but I don't hate those away jerseys when they wear them with the blue pants like they're supposed to. For some reason they started wearing them with the white pants, and that just looks silly.

For the record, I'm all in favor of the throwbacks as permanent unis. Really, though, I'd like to see any change that removes at least one of the 14 stripes now going down the center of the helmet.

We should know by now that Buffalo sports teams don't listen to what the overwhelming majority of the fans want (e.g. Back to the Blue and Gold Crest). Gone are the days of having an easily-identifiable, traditional, sharp-looking tartan to wear into battle. We get the banana slug and pinstriping up the yin-yan.

By the by, Marv said he won't be handling this stuff; football only for him. It's Russ Brandon who controls the business/marketing of the team. If what Chris Brown reports is true, then Russ Brandon is neither a good businessman, nor a good marketer.

By the by, Marv said he won't be handling this stuff; football only for him. It's Russ Brandon who controls the business/marketing of the team. If what Chris Brown reports is true, then Russ Brandon is neither a good businessman, nor a good marketer.

721762[/snapback]

UCJ - I have to disagree with both of those statements, as I feel that Russ Brandon happens to be both a good businessman and marketer. He has been instrumental in making the Bills a regional franchise and getting companies to plop down big bucks for luxury suites.

Let's not forget that the NFL is run by a bunch of stiffs, and the new uniform process can take over a year to petition the league. TD picked those things out, and he was shown the door only 6 months ago. Since the team had other things to worry about, I am sure that new unis were put on the back burner. I wouldn't be suprised if they were working on something for maybe next year.

As far as the uniforms go, I agree 110% that they suck and I wish we could go back to some variation of the Super Bowl years.

UCJ - I have to disagree with both of those statements, as I feel that Russ Brandon happens to be both a good businessman and marketer. He has been instrumental in making the Bills a regional franchise and getting companies to plop down big bucks for luxury suites.

Let's not forget that the NFL is run by a bunch of stiffs, and the new uniform process can take over a year to petition the league. TD picked those things out, and he was shown the door only 6 months ago. Since the team had other things to worry about, I am sure that new unis were put on the back burner. I wouldn't be suprised if they were working on something for maybe next year.

As far as the uniforms go, I agree 110% that they suck and I wish we could go back to some variation of the Super Bowl years.

721777[/snapback]

That is my opinion of him in re: to the uniforms decision only. That's the topic of this thread.

I don't disagree with the "Wouldn't be surprised if they're working on something...." But that's the part that's a little disconcerting. Uniform change in Buffalo has almost always been for the worse. I imagine we'd get Banana Slug 2 out of the NFL design people.

That is my opinion of him in re: to the uniforms decision only. That's the topic of this thread.

I don't disagree with the "Wouldn't be surprised if they're working on something...." But that's the part that's a little disconcerting. Uniform change in Buffalo has almost always been for the worse. I imagine we'd get Banana Slug 2 out of the NFL design people.

721789[/snapback]

You are right there. Hopefully they will go back to something classic instead of hiring some marketing firm that tries to find hidden meaning in the designs and colors therefore creating the garbage that we have had to suffer through.

I know I'm in the minority -- but I don't hate those away jerseys when they wear them with the blue pants like they're supposed to.  For some reason they started wearing them with the white pants, and that just looks silly.

721752[/snapback]

Nah, I don't hate the away jersey's either...like you said with the blue pants. I really like the home navy blue jersey with the white pants. Why they keep wearing the blue/blue look at home is beyond me? It looks stupid and we always lose in them. If they want to wear them for one home game a year fine, but not all eight!!

Imo, they made a big mistake by releasing an entirely new jersey design and there's no Bills logo on it. Not even the word "BILLS" under the neckline?!? What's that about? I don't live in NY State anymore and when I wear my Bills jersey the average fan doesn't even know which team I'm wearing?!? That was a dumb move that is easily correctable but the Bills of course probably like being anonymous.

Agreed.

721570[/snapback]

those throwbacks are the only passably decent uniforms the bills have ever sported. the charging, gored buffalo has always been a travesty (the grazer is much more iconic and cool), and the current duds about as endearing as zubazz.

those throwbacks are the only passably decent uniforms the bills have ever sported. the charging, gored buffalo has always been a travesty (the grazer is much more iconic and cool), and the current duds about as endearing as zubazz.

721932[/snapback]

Personally.....I prefer the pink/white ones.

Hey spekaing on uinforms... and i didnt really want to create a new thread.. but where in the world can i get a bills uni other than bledsoe/milloy/adams/williams? and oh yah i like mcgahee alot but my buddy already has that jersey and i kinda wanted something diffrent? I have seen them for about $224 or printscreened for like 75.. but i swear there must be a best option type answer for this sorta thing? Maybe somebody has a used jersey that they would want to sell? or maybe somebody knows a good outlet for them.. any help is greatly appreciated!

What uniform didn't the Bills always lose in during the TD era?  :o

722319[/snapback]

They were a solid 1-1 in the throwbacks :doh:

I wish they would at least wear the white pants for away games like they used to until they played Dallas in '03. If they wear blue on blue in Miami Week 2, I'm going to throw up.

Hey spekaing on uinforms... and i didnt really want to create a new thread.. but where in the world can i get a bills uni other than bledsoe/milloy/adams/williams? and oh yah i like mcgahee alot but my buddy already has that jersey and i kinda wanted something diffrent? I have seen them for about $224 or printscreened for like 75.. but i swear there must be a best option type answer for this sorta thing? Maybe somebody has a used jersey that they would want to sell? or maybe somebody knows a good outlet for them.. any help is greatly appreciated!

722323[/snapback]

Just keep checking eBay, seriously. I got my Moulds authentic there a few years ago for 90 bucks.

shame on me:

Full name - Angelo Delvonne Crowell…last name pronounced "crow-ELL" (rhymes with "noel"

i guess that is how its pronounced. i always though it was CROW-ell

721536[/snapback]

almost sounds like "morecowbell"