For Meazza

Reading the locked "WC thread" i was surprised by all the escuses some are giving to ZZ, come on guys, you're finding him more excuses than the French media!!!!!

Trash talk is a part of sport, at least a part of soccer, and Zidane has been provoked in thousands of games, in fact probably in all soccer games he has played since he was 14... and in the most important (and last ) game of his career , in front of about a bilion people around the world he acts like a goon! Sorry Zizou but there's no excuses for that!

by the way i'm glad the italians won, a month of chest thumping, nationalism and overreacting (did anything happen in this world outside some german soccer stadiums those last 4 weeks?!!) was enough, i don't think my nerves could have resisted an other national celebration because some french guys had won a bad soccer tournament.

(That Italian "World Champion" team 'd probably lost 90 games if they played FC Barcelona 100 times) ...

There's trash talking and then there's trash talking. If a remark was made about Zidane, that's one thing and Zidane should have just laughed it off and got on with it. If, however, something was said about his sick mother, that's a different matter. Who can say for sure that they would not have snapped and reacted in the same way? I know I cannot.

Having said that, I don't believe it affected the outcome of the game or makes Italy any less worthy champions. There was only 10 minutes to go and the game would probably have gone to penalties even had Zidane not gone off.