How about Ahmad Brooks?

Pete

I believe at this point ahmad brooks is too heavy and slow to fit the defense. Isn't he up to 260+ now?

720974[/snapback]

and he runs a sub 4.5. He will be a great NFL linebacker but not the Marv type. I would select him in the second if he is there for us

and he runs a sub 4.5.  He will be a great NFL linebacker but not the Marv type.  I would select him in the second if he is there for us

720978[/snapback]

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty high second though... after this year's fiasco, I want all the Day 1 picks next year available on draft day. I might take a shot on him in the 4th or 5th round, but he'll probably be gone by then..

Great teams are built on steady acquisition of the right player at the right position AND every once in a while sticking your neck out and going that extra mile to get that last couple of pieces that could be real difference makers. Is this one of those times? Who knows, but I'll trust Marv and Jauron to make the right choice when the time comes.

I dont think this will happen and from what i read he runs in the 4.6 range at 250-260 lbs. Whuch would be a great fit in the 4-3 or 3-4 not in the speedy cover 2.

721277[/snapback]

That still may be faster than TKO once he's finally ready to play.

That still may be faster than TKO once he's finally ready to play.

721357[/snapback]

Semper Fi! A sixth for him would be great. I could see this happening, but some other team, the Cowgirls for one, may take him as early as in the fourth.

Semper Fi! A sixth for him would be great. I could see this happening, but some other team, the Cowgirls for one, may take him as early as in the fourth.

721395[/snapback]

This is taken, in part, from an article in the local rag. I live two miles from where he played his HS ball.

"...But in March, before the start of spring practice, Virginia head football coach Al Groh announced he had dismissed Brooks, along with defensive back Tony Franklin and defensive end Vince Redd, for reasons connected to "focus, commitment, dependability."

Keep in mind that injuries seemed to haunt him as well.

I just don't get the feeling that this is a Marv kind of player.

Hall is great if you want a guy who is gonna throw some mean blocks.

Sam Gash type of player.

721471[/snapback]

Sounds like a class act, someone you wouldnt mind lining up next to no matter what the situation may be. Definetly NFL material, they need alot more guys like this everywhere in sports.