Submachine.... an interesting challenge

millbank

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, this one is much better.  So far, I've found 13/20 secret items...but I seem to be stuck.  I think I need 1 more key to get the last note, then probably a couple of other items for the puzzles at what I believe to be the "top"....this is going to waste a lot of time at work  :doh:

Edit:  Err, nevermind, didn't need any items for those puzzles...

720704[/snapback]

I breezed trhough the first one but this one has gotten me. I only have 4 secrets, one note and a coil. I've used the cog and gem.

I can see the key in the upper pipe but cannot get to it. I don't want to ask for help, but help (a little). Thanks.

I breezed trhough the first one but this one has gotten me.  I only have 4 secrets, one note and a coil.  I've used the cog and gem. 

I can see the key in the upper pipe but cannot get to it.  I don't want to ask for help, but help (a little).  Thanks.

720758[/snapback]

The secrets are pretty pointless. You don't get anything for them other than the satisfaction of finding everything.

I had a problem with those sewers at first too. It may help to turn the brightness on your monitor up all the way.

The secrets are pretty pointless.  You don't get anything for them other than the satisfaction of finding everything.

I had a problem with those sewers at first too.  It may help to turn the brightness on your monitor up all the way.

720778[/snapback]

Yeah, there were a couple passages in 2 that were nigh on impossible just to find...the puzzles themselves were not too bad, just finding everything. Ended up exiting with 17 of 20 secrets.

Yeah, there were a couple passages in 2 that were nigh on impossible just to find...the puzzles themselves were not too bad, just finding everything.  Ended up exiting with 17 of 20 secrets.

720782[/snapback]

I solved it now, with 16 of the 20 secrets, but have since gone back and found them all. The secrets are pretty useless....its not like there is a different ending or anything.

The hardest part for me was finding what to do with the coils, as i had trouble seeing that passage.

All right, someone give me a better hint because I have the brightness up so high my eyes hurt and I still can't see any way to get that key.

720790[/snapback]

Use the sewer key...if you don't have that then you need to go all the way through that lower sewer pipe...

stop the pipe from leaking with the valve and the drain closed and a pearl will appear, attach the pearl to the clock

I have the bells thing, put the valve on the pipe and have been turning it, but how many times do I have to turn it? Also, the number code, is there a hint or is it simple trial-and-error-kill-the whole-day-at-work?

Use the sewer key...if you don't have that then you need to go all the way through that lower sewer pipe...

720797[/snapback]

That's what I'm trying but I can't see stojan in there even with the brightness at 100....I get to the end (?) and just have to turn around.

That's what I'm trying but I can't see stojan in there even with the brightness at 100....I get to the end (?) and just have to turn around.

720802[/snapback]

At the end, move your mouse around until you get the "hand cursor" (not far from where you clicked in the previous pipe to move left)...Then click.

I have the bells thing, put the valve on the pipe and have been turning it, but how many times do I have to turn it?  Also, the number code, is there a hint or is it simple trial-and-error-kill-the whole-day-at-work?

720801[/snapback]

The coin

First click enters the lower pipe.  Second click no problem....3rd click I can do it but can't see anything...I'ts pitch black after that with no finger except to return.  Can you click a 4th time?

720809[/snapback]

No, there's no 4th passageway, but the key is at the end of the 3rd, right around the spot where you would click if there was a 4th passageway....

if you really can't see anything there (try boosting contrast as well), you're going to have trouble once you get the key...lots of dark passageways in the sewer. (Oh, and the key that is in there is not the sewer key, but it will get you the sewer key...).

Thanks!!  :doh:

Now how many times do I have to turn this thing with the drains up?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

720816[/snapback]

Apparently I'm a stojan-for-brains because I can't get the dang drip to stop. What's the deal?

No, there's no 4th passageway, but the key is at the end of the 3rd, right around the spot where you would click if there was a 4th passageway....

if you really can't see anything there (try boosting contrast as well), you're going to have trouble once you get the key...lots of dark passageways in the sewer.  (Oh, and the key that is in there is not the sewer key, but it will get you the sewer key...).

720812[/snapback]

I think I got most of the use out of the sewer. Found the key finally although I never saw it. Thanks.

I'm stil having trouble in the dark "room" accross from the electrical box (c=2). I can't see anything in there either. Is there something?

I'm making progress but can't find the comibnation to the pin #; would have thought 1857. I also can't do anything with the spidery thing. I have one blank space for a note and 4 for "stuff". Have 9 secrets.

I think I got most of the use out of the sewer.  Found the key finally although I never saw it.  Thanks. 

I'm stil having trouble in the dark "room" accross from the electrical box (c=2).  I can't see anything in there either.  Is there something?

Other than c=2 is a clue (along with another clue on one of the notes, plus the cat's name, should help you with the pin below... :blink: ).

I'm making progress but can't find the comibnation to the pin #; would have thought 1857.  I also can't do anything with the spidery thing.  I have one blank space for a note and 4 for "stuff".  Have 9 secrets.

720887[/snapback]

WRT the "spidery thing," do you mean the thing with the secrets on the end of each of its "arms?" :doh: