Anyone intersted in a TBD poker game?

Real poker isn't played over the internet.  Real poker is staring the guy across the table straight in the eyes...you can't properly bluff an 8-high busted straight on line.

721212[/snapback]

the day will come when we can effortlessly stream video and see the bullshitting eyes from across the table...

Real poker isn't played over the internet.  Real poker is staring the guy across the table straight in the eyes...you can't properly bluff an 8-high busted straight on line.

721212[/snapback]

I agree....but it's possible to get a read on players even when you play online. It's not as easy, that's for sure....but it can be done. You can also do what I do (as Fezmid has witnessed) and either aggravate or annoy the living hell out of them in the chat feature and use their reaction to your advantage. I do that all the time. There's much less info to go on with online play, but it can be done.

I agree....but it's possible to get a read on players even when you play online. It's not as easy, that's for sure....but it can be done. You can also do what I do (as Fezmid has witnessed) and either aggravate or annoy the living hell out of them in the chat feature and use their reaction to your advantage. I do that all the time. There's much less info to go on with online play, but it can be done.

721389[/snapback]

It's much more fun, though, to sit in the same room as them and watch them cry as you empty their wallets... :w00t:

It's much more fun, though, to sit in the same room as them and watch them cry as you empty their wallets...  :w00t:

721391[/snapback]

LOL, I'm looking forward to that day myself.....I've yet to play in a live game, unfortunately.

LOL, I'm looking forward to that day myself.....I've yet to play in a live game, unfortunately.

721392[/snapback]

I haven't done it in a few years myself. Last time was in Minneapolis with a bunch of union stewards. Nickel-dime-quarter stuff...but what the !@#$ else is there to do in Minneapolis in January on a Tuesday night?

Guys were calling all sorts of bull sh-- variations when they had the deal ("What do you mean, everything lower than a seven is wild? Everyone's going to have a straight flush or five of a kind. What kind of Mickey Mouse game is this?") I started with five bucks in dimes, had to borrow another ten to stay in, with all the stupid variations...as the night wore on and they got tired of playing kids' games, we played more five- and seven-card draw and stud. I ended the night $40 up. Then I had to explain to airport security the big bag of coins I was carrying on the plane... Good times...

Nowadays, people don't play with me. Not since it became widely known that I can cleanly deal off the bottom of the deck (and deal seconds on a good day). Yet another limitation of online poker... :w00t:

The brilliance at live games is just fantastic.  If you play limit, 10/20 live games are the equivalent of 1/2 online.

721394[/snapback]

How can you stand to play limit? I hate feeling like my hands are tied with regard to my betting. If I want to B word slap someone with an "in your face" re-raise, it's much more effective w/out the restraint of limit poker. What's the appeal for you?

Nowadays, people don't play with me.  Not since it became widely known that I can cleanly deal off the bottom of the deck (and deal seconds on a good day).  Yet another limitation of online poker...  :w00t:

721396[/snapback]

I think we caught a hanger.

Nowadays, people don't play with me.  Not since it became widely known that I can cleanly deal off the bottom of the deck (and deal seconds on a good day).  Yet another limitation of online poker...  :w00t:

721396[/snapback]

:P

How can you stand to play limit? I hate feeling like my hands are tied with regard to my betting. If I want to B word slap someone with an "in your face" re-raise, it's much more effective w/out the restraint of limit poker. What's the appeal for you?

721398[/snapback]

I hate going bust on one bad beat. The last tourney I played with my friends I pushed w/ A5, got called by JJ sucked out and went on to win. I wanted to buy him like a case of beer or something. I mean it's great but when I'm on the other end of that I'm looking for a rope and a ledge. In limit when you're kicked in the balls you shake it off and keep playing. The results of the last hand doesn't matter. Many people who have the intelligence/talent to be good at limit just don't have the patience or the right mindset to be successful. The rest are just "gamblers" who may as well be playing blackjack. In other words most players suck, which is good. Maybe this is true of NL as well, but the 6person limit games online are so great that i have no desire to switch.

There's no question that limit is more of a chasers game. The way you exploit this is bet hands you would normally check on the river in NL like 3rd pair and laugh at the guys who call with Ace high. Also, at the lower limits the different bet sizes for the flop/turn make everyone so predictable. Generally a flop raise = trash or draw. Turn raise = the nuts. Adjust accordingly and don't fall into the same trap.

I hate going bust on one bad beat.  The last tourney I played with my friends I pushed w/ A5, got called by JJ sucked out and went on to win.  I wanted to buy him like a case of beer or something.  I mean it's great but when I'm on the other end of that I'm looking for a rope and a ledge.  In limit when you're kicked in the balls you shake it off and keep playing.  The results of the last hand doesn't matter.  Many people who have the intelligence/talent to be good at limit just don't have the patience or the right mindset to be successful.  The rest are just "gamblers" who may as well be playing blackjack.  In other words most players suck, which is good.  Maybe this is true of NL as well, but the 6person limit games online are so great that i have no desire to switch.

There's no question that limit is more of a chasers game.  The way you exploit this is bet hands you would normally check on the river in NL like 3rd pair and laugh at the guys who call with Ace high.  Also, at the lower limits the different bet sizes for the flop/turn make everyone so predictable.  Generally a flop raise = trash or draw.  Turn raise = the nuts.  Adjust accordingly and don't fall into the same trap.

721416[/snapback]

Well, all I can say is that you're a more disciplined player than I am....maybe I could do it live, but playing limit online makes me lose my patience, which means I play like crap. I'm not quite ADD, but I can't sit there and watch half the table making small, incremental bets four times around before we even see the flop. If you can make money at that, you are a better player than I, my friend.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that MTDoak (or MTDoan?) guy on here plays nothing but fixed limit cash games. Pretty sure he's making a killing, too....so I don't doubt that you guys are raking it in, I just dn't know if I have the patience to follow suit, lol

721392[/snapback]

I've got a group that meets Monday and Wed nights. 10 dollar buy-in, 1st place 80%, 2nd 15%, 3rd 5%. Pretty fun.

I've got a group that meets Monday and Wed nights. 10 dollar buy-in, 1st place 80%, 2nd 15%, 3rd 5%.  Pretty fun.

721543[/snapback]

I like how you have that weighted....I often think that the winner should get more than 50% of the pool at some of the online sit'n'go tourneys I play. Usually it's 50-30-20

I like how you have that weighted....I often think that the winner should get more than 50% of the pool at some of the online sit'n'go tourneys I play. Usually it's 50-30-20

721544[/snapback]

Yeah. 2nd place usually makes some money, 3rd usually gets to play for free. We have anywhere from 8-12 people showup usually. Re-buys are allowed until the 3rd blind increase.

You get anywhere from 100-200 total usually.