Parrish most likely will play solt receiver,

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bills | Parrish likely limited to slot role

Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:07:29 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Roscoe Parrish has an outside shot at competing for a starting job during 2006. His physical size will likely limit him to the slot position. He is, however, learning more than just the slot receiver position.

That's what I thought he would play.

I know a lot of people are sour on Roscoe because he is a smurf and got hurt his first year.......

but

That kid was MADE to play the slot.....

719960[/snapback]

I think people were sour that Roscoe kinda hated playing in the cold weather.

I know a lot of people are sour on Roscoe because he is a smurf and got hurt his first year.......

but

719960[/snapback]

The plans to produce something like the high-flying St. L O make a lot more sense hen one considers that the 3WR Bills set will feature speed merchant Evans, speed merchant Price and open field runner Parrish.

Opposing DCs usually have at one extremely fast DB and one outstanding cover guy. One of these men is going to end up with a mismatch and if Evans proves to be a capable #1 qho develops the athleticism to make circus catches along with his speed, there is little choice for a DC but to zone up.

If this happens on empty backfield sets with Reed added in as a 4th WR, the recent word s of Tyke Tolbert extoling his football saavy pointt to him really picking on zones.

but

719960[/snapback]

Because TD and mostly MM didn't have the sense to impress on the rookies that a senseless dive for ball at night practice had zero upside and plenty of potential downside.

Kind of like letting a safety kill your rookie QB in practice. That sort of thing.

but

719960[/snapback]

Yep. Prototypical slot player. 168 lbs. find another one very good slot WR that is 168. You won't find one.

This dude's size is a huge issue and my guess is he will have 1 or 3 yrs where he plays 13-16 games. Impact player, potentially, when healthy. He will compete for a #3 job and will start as a #4 barring injury.

I don't know why I'm bothering, considering who started the thread, but here's the blog entry that I expect KFFL is using as its source....to put it all in context. He sees Parrish sharing time with Reed in the slot, saving some "health" for kick return duties...

I don't know why I'm bothering, considering who started the thread, but here's the blog entry that I expect KFFL is using as its source....to put it all in context.  He sees Parrish sharing time with Reed in the slot, saving some "health" for kick return duties...

720042[/snapback]

You are a bit rough on LSI. If he comes accross a bit immature for you, that might be because he has only recently turned 17. Give him a break. It won't be too long before he too has been crushed down by the weight of the world & is a serious, grumpy, fed-up Bills fan.