Amelie Mauresmo is not a woman

Beerball

Really, so what?  Do her looks inhibit her ability to be one of the best at what she does?  I'm sure that 1) you guys are all tops in your fields and 2) you have girls banging down your doors, your looks are so impressive. It explains all the time spent on internet message boards.

Actually...he is. ;) Very few men left out there like him. It's not fair to judge his character by a few posts either.

I'd love to see more threads started by the ladies about how good or bad looking male athletes are. 

719938[/snapback]

Why would I want to do that on a message board that contains 99.95% males? Doesn't make sense. :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very few men left out there like him. 

719947[/snapback]

By "him" I take it you're referring to the Mauresmo chick?

Actually...he is.  ;)  Very few men left out there like him.  It's not fair to judge his character by a few posts either.

719947[/snapback]

Oh, I wasn't. I just think that, coming from a sociological position, there are reasons women's sport isn't taken as seriously, and it's because of the double-bind that they're either "trying to be mannish," or they're judged by their looks first and their abilities second. When really, sports in the U.S. is a system that's always been defined by male abilities and it is always cool to me when that line is transgressed -- e.g. women's soccer in the U.S. is more dominant than men's, women tennis players who could probably beat the guys.

Why would I want to do that on a message board that contains 99.95% males?  Doesn't make sense.  :D

719947[/snapback]

cablelady has fun doing it. :D

Oh, I wasn't.  I just think that, coming from a sociological position, there are reasons women's sport isn't taken as seriously, and it's because of the double-bind that they're either "trying to be mannish," or they're judged by their looks first and their abilities second.  When really, sports in the U.S. is a system that's always been defined by male abilities and it is always cool to me when that line is transgressed -- e.g. women's soccer in the U.S. is more dominant than men's, women tennis players who could probably beat the guys.

I understand what you are saying. I just didn't like how it sounded like you are bashing a friend of mine. ;)

We actually have the #1 college women's soccer team (the U of Portland Pilots). :D

When really, sports in the U.S. is a system that's always been defined by male abilities and it is always cool to me when that line is transgressed -- e.g. women's soccer in the U.S. is more dominant than men's, women tennis players who could probably beat the guys.

The top woman tennis player in the world couldn't take a single set off the 100th ranked guy. I guarantee you.

I understand what you are saying.  I just didn't like how it sounded like you are bashing a friend of mine.  :D

720058[/snapback]

You're friends with that Mauresmo guy?

The top woman tennis player in the world couldn't take a single set off the 100th ranked guy. I guarantee you.

720061[/snapback]

Don't buy it. I think a healthy, dedicated Serena Williams, when she's on her game, could challenge the men. She probably couldn't take a set off of guys like Roddick, who serve about 15-20 mph faster than anything she's ever seen. But I'm certain she could compete.

Don't buy it.  I think a healthy, dedicated Serena Williams, when she's on her game, could challenge the men.  She probably couldn't take a set off of guys like Roddick, who serve about 15-20 mph faster than anything she's ever seen.  But I'm certain she could compete.

720079[/snapback]

I've been around the sport too long to believe that. I've been playing since I was five years old, and it's a pretty commonly held notion that even the best women can't compete with the 'average' guy pro. I know you take it as only conjecture, and there's really no way to prove it until they actually play (Bobby Riggs v. BJK doesn't count, lol), but it's a pretty longstanding viewpoint. As fast and powerful as someone like Serena is, she'd still go down. There's more of a gap between women and mens tennis than there appears.

Armold Mauresmonegger flexed her muscles and won WImbeldon...rumor has it she will be celebrating by jetting over to the Red Light District in Amsterdam for a celebratory Handy...it is unclear if she will be giving or receiving

Armold Mauresmonegger flexed her muscles and won WImbeldon...rumor has it she will be celebrating by jetting over to the Red Light District in Amsterdam for a celebratory Handy...

720103[/snapback]

LMAO!!

Thanks a lot, man, now whenever I see her I'm going to imagine her speaking like Ahhhhnold :D;)