That time of the Year again

taterhill

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's set for Tuesday 7/11 @ 9pm ET. Go to www.pokerroom.com. Open the java software to play. Choose "tournaments", then select "private". Look for "promorobot's" tourney. Password for entry is "2billsdr" all lower case. Max of 50 players, minimum of 5, $11 buy-in.

PTR

I'm pretty sure I'm in, too....if I can get this !@#$ING SOFTWARE to work right. I've filled out the new acct form twice and still haven't rec'd my damn log in email. I'm gonna take out my frustration on your chip stacks tuesday night!!!! :D

I'd play but I have a feeling I'll get my butt kicked right away.  :D

720055[/snapback]

All the more reason you should play ;)

Who knows...I could have beginners luck!  :D

720059[/snapback]

exactly! You could hit a flush, a bogey, three assists and a touchdown!

i'd be in on tuesday if it wasnt for the MLB all-star game...

720104[/snapback]

Is that a joke?

If this works with a mac - I'm out anyway. Deb works until 9:00 pm on Tuesday, so my earliest woud be 9:30.

Could someone setup a test room to see if I can join in via their web interface? Just make it for sometime late tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm a bit uneasy with the customer service there....I never got an email with my activiation code, so I sent off an email to customer service last night. I got an automatic response saying that they've rec'd it and I was a big priority or whatever, but never heard a thing. I sent off another one today and still nothing.....If I'm the only one with this issue, I guess it's no biggie...but I get uneasy when I don't have immediate access to their customer service reps. I've had no such issues with Paradise Poker, nor at Pacific when I used to play there....but I don't have any experience with pokerroom.com

I'm a bit uneasy with the customer service there....I never got an email with my activiation code, so I sent off an email to customer service last night. I got an automatic response saying that they've rec'd it and I was a big priority or whatever, but never heard a thing. I sent off another one today and still nothing.....If I'm the only one with this issue, I guess it's no biggie...but I get uneasy when I don't have immediate access to their customer service reps. I've had no such issues with Paradise Poker, nor at Pacific when I used to play there....but I don't have any experience with pokerroom.com

720211[/snapback]

I had trouble getting my activation code, until I switched browsers to Firefox, and it worked immediately.

I belong to Paradise Poker as well, but the minimum cah transaction there (list time I did it) is $50. I'm not making that large a cash commitment.

PokerRoom.com is one of the few sites that has private tourneys available. Also it seems that you don't have to download their software. They have an online java room you can play. And the minimum transaction is $10 (and they give you 20% bonus.)

I'm open to trying something else if you want to make a suggestion.

PTR

I had trouble getting my activation code, until I switched browsers to Firefox, and it worked immediately.

I belong to Paradise Poker as well, but the minimum cah transaction there (list time I did it) is $50.  I'm not making that large a cash commitment.

PokerRoom.com is one of the few sites that has private tourneys available.  Also it seems that you don't have to download their software.  They have an online java room you can play.  And the minimum transaction is $10 (and they give you 20% bonus.)

I'm open to trying something else if you want to make a suggestion.

PTR

720226[/snapback]

Paradise actually lowered the min deposit to $20.....I'm with you, I don't like making a larger deposit than that either. I don't knwo about private tables there, though. I do have a great deal of confidence in their customer service, which is why I switched to them in the first place.

I'm game either way, too, I'm just big on customer service response time when I'm giving them my money.....it may just be an isolated incident..... If you guys vouch for the site, though, that's good enough for me. I just want to make sure I'm able to cash out the money I'm going to win :devil:

Paradise actually lowered the min deposit to $20.....I'm with you, I don't like making a larger deposit than that either. I don't knwo about private tables there, though. I do have a great deal of confidence in their customer service, which is why I switched to them in the first place.

I'm game either way, too, I'm just big on customer service response time when I'm giving them my money.....it may just be an isolated incident..... If you guys vouch for the site, though, that's good enough for me. I just want to make sure I'm able to cash out the money I'm going to win  :devil:

720232[/snapback]

I just played on iy and it seems fine. Try activating your account again. Maybe try using a different browser when you do. I know it got stuck the first time for me. But I could play at Paradise if you'd prefer.

HK

I just played on iy and it seems fine.  Try activating your account again.  Maybe try using a different browser when you do.  I know it got stuck the first time for me.  But I could play at Paradise if you'd prefer.

HK

720292[/snapback]

I can't even get them to send me the damn email with my validation in it....I use Firefox, but I'll try it with IE and AOL, too.

*EDIT* Did you happen to sign up in the last 24 hours or so? I just tried it from aol using my aol email and still nothing....there has to be something going on with their servers or something. LanaK6 tried to sign up and she can't get a validation email either. If you've already got the table rserved and everything, I'll just keep trying up until tuesday....otherwise I guess I'll just have to play in the next one. I really hope we can make this work, though....I'm sure there are enough people here who would like to play, and probably on a somewhat regular basis.