Locked or Unlocked

I always drive with my car locked, but then again I have an ejector seat that opens the roof and launches the entire driver's seat clear of any trouble as a parachute stabilizes my re-entry. It's all quite complicated. Really. The monkey designed it right after he figured out how to fix NASA.

So that's how it all started.

719370[/snapback]

Considering I was 24 at the time (lost my license, past discretions already discussed in this forum), I would say it started a long time before that. Then again, maybe I'm just regressing... :P

Safety courses teach to lock them. I drive with the car door unlocked because it's a habit I developed early since one of my early cars would not open until you pulled up the knob to unlock it. My current car opens as if it was unlocked when locked, but I still keep it opened unless I'm driving in a seedy area.

my car locks automatically after the car reaches 8mph the first time after it is started or the door is open and shut. Considering that the doors can be opened from the inside while the door is locked, it doesn't make a difference to me. As for emergency personnel entering my car after an accident, well, if its going to come down to that, i won't mind if the window gets broken to save me.