Bills sign Pennington...BUT...

when will Whitner and others be signed?

719293[/snapback]

The creep has begun as the habit has been for teams to sign the last picks first and then as higher and higher rounds get signed the market is set.

In the past things have gone right down to the wire as camp opens for 1st round picks (particularly those in the top 10 choices) to get signed. I do not expect the Bills to sign Whitmer until just before camp starts (even though this seems early that teams are getting going signing seveth rounders like Pennington).

This year may result in signings happening a little quicker than normal as last year there was a lot of uncertainty and contracts were complicated by uncertainty as to whether a new CBA would be signed.

Since the parameters of the new deal is set and the cap has gone up so there is plenty of money around things should flow easier. As Whitmer is slotted for a contract earlier than he thought seriously about pre-draft, he has no rep as a low character guy who will hold out for the last dollar, and because the Bills are interested in having a good feeling of peace and harmoney, my guess is that he signs with little muss, but still the market will not be set for a #8 until just prior (the last week) to cvamp opsning in August.

The highest player signed thus far (and I may be mistaken if someone signed in the last day or two) is a 4th rounder.  With the exception of Mario Williams who had a deal signed on draft day.

719397[/snapback]

I thought I saw that the bears signed all thier picks

bears all signed

The creep has begun as the habit has been for teams to sign the last picks first and then as higher and higher rounds get signed the market is set.

In the past things have gone right down to the wire as camp opens for 1st round picks (particularly those in the top 10 choices) to get signed.  I do not expect the Bills to sign Whitmer until just before camp starts (even though this seems early that teams are getting going signing seveth rounders like Pennington).

This year may result in signings happening a little quicker than normal as last year there was a lot of uncertainty and contracts were complicated by uncertainty as to whether a new CBA would be signed.

Since the parameters of the new deal is set and the cap has gone up so there is plenty of money around things should flow easier.  As Whitmer is slotted for a contract earlier than he thought seriously about pre-draft, he has no rep as a low character guy who will hold out for the last dollar, and because the Bills are interested in having a good feeling of peace and harmoney, my guess is that he signs with little muss, but still the market will not be set for a #8 until just prior (the last week) to cvamp opsning in August.

719376[/snapback]

See my one sentence post above.

I expect all but Whitner to sign over the next couple weeks. It may be intio training camp before Whitner is signed, though I'm not expecting a long holdout or anything. That's just the way things work.