Terrell Owens book out " TO"

His relationship with McNabb started turning sour in the game against Cleveland that first year. The Eagles had practiced "Z-dagger and go" all week, a play to maximize T.O.'s skills. Andy Reid called it, T.O. shed the defender and McNabb threw elsewhere.

T.O. remembers being "surprised and disappointed," but decided to stay silent, possibly because he had nine touchdowns after the first seven games. Before the Pittsburgh game, Owens says that one of the offensive coaches asked him to be very positive and supportive toward Donovan. Told him that "Donovan can get nervous and tight in big games."

"If things got rough and Donovan got into a funk, he wanted me to be there for Donovan and help him get through it."

Pittsburgh, that was the game the television cameras caught Owens screaming at McNabb on the sideline. Owens insists he was just shouting encouragement. And then, against the Giants, anger came rippling to the surface, and the split hit the fans.

On one play, Owens thought he was open and ignored. Stormed back to the huddle and squawked. Said, "I was open . . . dude, you missed me."

McNabb, according to Owens, replied, "Shut the bleep up."

T.O. says that no quarterback has the right to treat a teammate like that. Says it was uncalled for. Waited for the clubhouse to empty after the game and then confronted McNabb. Says harsh words ensued. Says Dorsey Levens had to step between them. Says Donovan turned his back and walked away.

"I wanted Donovan and me to be like family," Owens croons.

"And he turned his back on me."

TO

His relationship with McNabb started turning sour in the game against Cleveland that first year. The Eagles had practiced "Z-dagger and go" all week, a play to maximize T.O.'s skills. Andy Reid called it, T.O. shed the defender and McNabb threw elsewhere.

T.O. remembers being "surprised and disappointed," but decided to stay silent, possibly because he had nine touchdowns after the first seven games. Before the Pittsburgh game, Owens says that one of the offensive coaches asked him to be very positive and supportive toward Donovan. Told him that "Donovan can get nervous and tight in big games."

"If things got rough and Donovan got into a funk, he wanted me to be there for Donovan and help him get through it."

Pittsburgh, that was the game the television cameras caught Owens screaming at McNabb on the sideline. Owens insists he was just shouting encouragement. And then, against the Giants, anger came rippling to the surface, and the split hit the fans.

On one play, Owens thought he was open and ignored. Stormed back to the huddle and squawked. Said, "I was open . . . dude, you missed me."

McNabb, according to Owens, replied, "Shut the bleep up."

T.O. says that no quarterback has the right to treat a teammate like that. Says it was uncalled for. Waited for the clubhouse to empty after the game and then confronted McNabb. Says harsh words ensued. Says Dorsey Levens had to step between them. Says Donovan turned his back and walked away.

"I wanted Donovan and me to be like family," Owens croons.

"And he turned his back on me."

TO

719092[/snapback]

I used to really like McNabb. The longer things play out though, he is coming off like a major wuss. His comments before this past Super Bowl may give some creedence to Owens' assertion that McNabb was jealous of TO's popularity.

It seems like Owens has a negative effect on most that he becomes involved with. If he didn't already have a history of being a jack ass, I might be able to take his "woe is me, I've been misunderstood" act a little more seriously. I know, a lot of people will defend TO with "he is the greatest WR in the game", which may very well be true. He is still (we shall see how things work out with Drew and the Tuna) an immature, attention seeking whore. He wants to win, but not at the expense of his own personal glory!

Why the hell is writing a book now, anyways! Hasn't he had two alreay?

I still maintain that Drew may be one of the few QBs with the right temperment to deal with TO. As annoyed as we always got with Drew's perceived laid back attitude, it is this attitude that will allow him to view any of TO's tirades as water off a duck's back. I've always felt that Andy Reid deserved some of the blame for not nipping the situation in the bud in Philly -- and allowing it to get out of hand. One of the great things about Parcells is that he chooses what he is willing to live with. While Tuna won't put up with TO crossing the line, he will be willing to let him mouth off here and there, so long as he shows up ready to play on Sundays.

TO is a turd. And the worst part about him is how he tries to bring God into everything. He's not a Christian for real, but tries to throw those words around like they actually mean something to him. Yeah, OK. You think God told him to hold out in Philly because the 7 million per year (for the next 6 years) he was making wasn't going to be enough to secure his family's future? I SERIOUSLY doubt it. This guy is a complete joke and has been ever since the catch in the playoffs went to his head (Steve Young, Packers, crying after the game, remember?). He actually seemed like a decent guy until he stopped being Terrel Owens and became TO.

Man on radio making comment asking the question: name the players that came out in public in support of Donavon Mcnabb ........ Zero, name the players who came out in support of TO..... there were many, how does anyone refute that?

I think also that Drew and TO will do a great deal of yelling at each other and much fuss will be made of it. But also Dallas will be a much better team and score many more touchdowns with TO.

I used to really like McNabb.  The longer things play out though, he is coming off like a major wuss.  His comments before this past Super Bowl may give some creedence to Owens' assertion that McNabb was jealous of TO's popularity.

It seems like Owens has a negative effect on most that he becomes involved with.  If he didn't already have a history of being a jack ass, I might be able to take his "woe is me, I've been misunderstood" act a little more seriously.  I know, a lot of people will defend TO with "he is the greatest WR in the game", which may very well be true.  He is still (we shall see how things work out with Drew and the Tuna) an immature, attention seeking whore.  He wants to win, but not at the expense of his own personal glory!

Why the hell is writing a book now, anyways!  Hasn't he had two alreay?

719110[/snapback]

man oh man, look at the source you are relying regarding this argument. it's a freaking travesty that this guy is able to air his narcissistic ramblings in a book. if there's anyone in the nfl that needs to have a season ending injury this training camp, it's owens. at least it would shut him up (or, more precisely, stop reporters from going to him for whatever bile he's spewing on that particular day). i like drew bledsoe, so i feel bad for him now that he has to deal with that sniveling ingrate.

Man on radio making comment asking the question: name the players that came out in public in support of Donavon Mcnabb ........ Zero, name the players who came out in support of TO..... there were many, how does anyone refute that?

719150[/snapback]

Exactly. I have told that same thing to the Eagle fans around here. McNabb wasn't what got them to the NFC championships and the SB. It was that DEFENSE.

At its peak the Eagle Defense under Jim Johnson was just flat out nasty.

here's a quick way to figure out if you're a fool or not -- just ask yourself which side of the TO/mcnabb debate you're on.

719247[/snapback]

All I was saying was, yes, I think TO is an ass. I have no use for him whatsoever. I have never liked Owens...which is frustrarting, because he is a great football player. I could never root for him, no matter what team he plays for.

I was only implying that McNabb didn't help himself, in the court of public opinion, by making a "TO issue" into a racial issue (his "black on black crime" comment was as least as tasetless and immature as anything Owens has said), and only served to give some weight to TO's accusations that McNabb was a little petty, pampered, and maybe a little jealous of Owens. It sure sounded childish to me.

McNabb should have just kept his mouth shut, and let TO continue to hang himself. Instead, McNabb spoke out, and made himself look kind of foolish.

BTW- I too like Bledsoe, and buy into the popular notion, that he is the perfect QB for Owens. For Owens to succeed, he needs someone who doesn't mind having the spotlight taken off himself. Bledsoe is a lot more mature than Owens, and McNabb for that matter, and will be able to handle it. As we have seen, good or bad, Bledsoe is not afraid to bark at a teammate or two...and Bill Parcells is no shrieking violet either.

Owens, from a personality stand point, was just a disaster for both San Francisco & Philadelphia, because their coaches were too soft to reign him in. Andy Reid promising to wear tights if TO scored a certain number of TD's was indicitive of the coddling he did with Owens (and maybe McNabb). Marriuci and Reid, both great football guys, just let TO's bull-sh*t get too far out of hand. When they tried to put their foot down, it was detrimental to their respective teams.

I think Owens and Bledsoe will both have good years.

Exactly. I have told that same thing to the Eagle fans around here. McNabb wasn't what got them to the NFC championships and the SB. It was that DEFENSE.

At its peak the Eagle Defense under Jim Johnson was just flat out nasty.

719248[/snapback]

It wasn't defense that got them to the Super Bowl, it was a social concern.

All I was saying was, yes, I think TO is an ass.  I have no use for him whatsoever.  I have never liked Owens...which is frustrarting, because he is a great football player.  I could never root for him, no matter what team he plays for. 

I was only implying that McNabb didn't help himself, in the court of public opinion, by making a "TO issue" into a racial issue (his "black on black crime" comment was as least as tasetless and immature as anything Owens has said), and only served to give some weight to TO's accusations that McNabb was a little petty, pampered, and maybe a little jealous of Owens.  It sure sounded childish to me. 

McNabb should have just kept his mouth shut, and let TO continue to hang himself.  Instead, McNabb spoke out, and made himself look kind of foolish. 

BTW- I too like Bledsoe, and buy into the popular notion, that he is the perfect QB for Owens.  For Owens to succeed, he needs someone who doesn't mind having the spotlight taken off himself.  Bledsoe is a lot more mature than Owens, and McNabb for that matter, and will be able to handle it.  As we have seen, good or bad, Bledsoe is not afraid to bark at a teammate or two...and Bill Parcells is no shrieking violet either. 

Owens, from a personality stand point, was just a disaster for both San Francisco & Philadelphia, because their coaches were too soft to reign him in.  Andy Reid promising to wear tights if TO scored a certain number of TD's was indicitive of the coddling he did with Owens (and maybe McNabb).  Marriuci and Reid, both great football guys, just let TO's bull-sh*t get too far out of hand.  When they tried to put their foot down, it was detrimental to their respective teams.

I think Owens and Bledsoe will both have good years.

719267[/snapback]

you have to remember that anyone who gets down in the gutter with owens ends up looking sullied -- just think of jeff garcia, who didn't do anything wrong. just by responding -- which he didn't do much of, by the way -- he looked kind of bad. as for mcnabb, he has been a solid citizen since his days at syracuse, and is great qb to boot. i'll allow him the occasional overreaction (and that's probably too strong a term) given the source of the complaints against him.

As for mcnabb, he has been a solid citizen since his days at syracuse, and is great qb to boot.  i'll allow him the occasional overreaction (and that's probably too strong a term) given the source of the complaints against him.

719346[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked McNabb too, and I don't even neceassarily blame him for responding. However, his response was so lame, it kind of made me start wondering about him a little.

But, you are right, I shouldn't let Owens drag down McNabb for me. I can't stand Terrell Owens... :P

QB is the hardest position to play. Making the right read, timing the throw just right. All while the defense gives you different looks, you hope the O-line can block, all the receivers are running the right routes/ options/ reads and that the backs pick up the right assignment and you know the other team pay someone big $ just to take you down and he's coming to take you down with the hope that that hit makes it onto a highlight reel.

So there's an acrimonious split because a QB missed a WR.

So what. How many times as receivers have you come back to the huddle claiming you were "open"...open to find grass in the QB's helmet, that the other receiver caught the pass or that on film, you weren't even open...

It'll be interesting in Dallas at least.

I used to really like McNabb.  The longer things play out though, he is coming off like a major wuss.  His comments before this past Super Bowl may give some creedence to Owens' assertion that McNabb was jealous of TO's popularity.

It seems like Owens has a negative effect on most that he becomes involved with.  If he didn't already have a history of being a jack ass, I might be able to take his "woe is me, I've been misunderstood" act a little more seriously.  I know, a lot of people will defend TO with "he is the greatest WR in the game", which may very well be true.  He is still (we shall see how things work out with Drew and the Tuna) an immature, attention seeking whore.  He wants to win, but not at the expense of his own personal glory!

Why the hell is writing a book now, anyways!  Hasn't he had two alreay?

719110[/snapback]

Donavan McNabb CANT be regarded as a wuss....look what he played through last year- while the entire OL was out, and no blocking. Terrell Owens (thats his real name) was the only wuss on the team, and I look forward to seeing Bledsoe destroy him.

TO compared his performance in the Super Bowl to Willis Reed's performance for the Knicks when he played on a broken leg. HAHAHAHA!!! TO the knicks WON!!!

720404[/snapback]

Not to mention that they won in the playoffs w/out him by spreading the ball around. Their offense changed when he returned, and so did the result

Not to mention that they won in the playoffs w/out him by spreading the ball around. Their offense changed when he returned, and so did the result

720515[/snapback]

uh huh

skill player stats philly 2004 playoffs

Donovan McNabb

2004 min W,27-14 | 21 33 286 2 0 | 3 3 0

2004 atl W,27-10 | 17 26 180 2 0 | 10 32 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 30 51 357 3 3 | 1 0 0

ok sure did pass a lot more but this I gotta throw on Andy Reid owens is just getting back from a bad injury why put the ball up that much more compared to the other 2 playoff games? Your priority as a head coach should be to win the big game not to please a wr

Brian Westbrook

2004 min W,27-14 | 12 70 0 | 5 47 1

2004 atl W,27-10 | 16 96 0 | 5 39 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 15 44 0 | 7 60 1

Seems pretty consistent throughout the playoffs. However Brian Westbrook will never be confused with a 25-30 carry a down back. He's a nice option of the backfield great 3rd down back type, but he's far from a franchise rb, but I see no incidence here of Owens causing lack of touches compared to the other 2 games for westbrook.

todd pinkston

2004 min W,27-14 | 0 0 0 | 3 46 0

2004 atl W,27-10 | 0 0 0 | 1 13 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 0 0 0 | 4 82 0

I guess Owens caused todd pinkston to get the ball more during the superbowl? Yup I'd call that cutting into others production :devil:

Freddie Mitchell

2004 min W,27-14 | 0 0 0 | 5 65 1

2004 atl W,27-10 | 0 0 0 | 2 20 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 0 0 0 | 1 11 0

lmao cmon

Greg Lewis

2004 min W,27-14 | 0 0 0 | 2 64 0

2004 atl W,27-10 | 1 10 0 | 2 65 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 0 0 0 | 4 53 1

Cut into Greg Lewis's production alright..... that he had a td in the superbowl and matching the amount of catches he had in the previous 2 playoff games.... :lol:

Chad Lewis

2004 atl W,27-10 | 4 20 2

only playoff game he had production in

Maybe he cut into LJ Smiths production?

2004 min W,27-14 | 4 52 0

2004 atl W,27-10 | 1 21 0

*2004 nwe L,21-24 | 4 27 1

hardly. Although I think if anything with McNabb attempting so many passes in the superbowl he probably should've thrown more to LJ Smith. Ne's lb's aren't fast and they generaly seem to have problems with good te's. To get away with the lack of a running game especially in a big game situation short passes must be used with more frequency.

Mike Bartrum and Billy McMullen have no post season data.

I dont know where you get this. Without owens they spread the ball around. No ones production was cut into come the superbowl the only thing that happened is they seemed to have more offensive plays in the superbowl then their previous 2 playoff games. They also faced an entirely different offense in ne then the vikings and atlanta and their defensive performance shows that. Culpepper was a toss and chuck qb so they just had to keep moss out of the game which they did. Against Atlanta all they had to do was contain vick from running cause no way was vick going to beat anyone passing and they did that and in the process derrick burgess earned himself a free agent contract. Brady meanwhile unlike culpepper and vick could just pick you apart and boy did he with a near flawless performance. I get it if you dont like owens but he was hardly the reason the eagles lost the superbowl infact if he didnt play they probably wouldn't have even be in the game.

It would make more sense to blame Andy Reid for chucking it up so much

I still maintain that Drew may be one of the few QBs with the right temperment to deal with TO. As annoyed as we always got with Drew's perceived laid back attitude, it is this attitude that will allow him to view any of TO's tirades as water off a duck's back. I've always felt that Andy Reid deserved some of the blame for not nipping the situation in the bud in Philly -- and allowing it to get out of hand. One of the great things about Parcells is that he chooses what he is willing to live with. While Tuna won't put up with TO crossing the line, he will be willing to let him mouth off here and there, so long as he shows up ready to play on Sundays.

719117[/snapback]

well i doubt that......if t.o called out jeff garcia and donovan i'd like to see him bite his tounge when drew dosnt throw his way or gets sacked when he is wide open.........t.o will like drew for about 3 games and then he will be frustrated with him

Donavan McNabb CANT be regarded as a wuss....look what he played through last year- while the entire OL was out, and no blocking. Terrell Owens (thats his real name) was the only wuss on the team, and I look forward to seeing Bledsoe destroy him.

720377[/snapback]

You can hardly use the 2005 season to reflect positive light on McNabb...he was terrible...I don't get your point...how can Bills fans who condemn Bledsoe and Losman, use the excuse that "the entire OL was out, and he had no blocking"? Off the field, McNabb showed himself to be a little more thin skinned than I would have ever expected....