Has anyone ever seen Ministry?

mcjeff215

Not unless Ed's taking you in the Fit.  He's gonna expect you to put out.

718939[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

So, I'm starting to feel as though I should make Fit comments as well? It seems they're everywhere these days.

Going Friday.... what to expect? I hear it's a pretty crazy crowd... I take it I shouldn't wear Ralph Loren clothes?

718936[/snapback]

I went last week in Niagara Falls. I had a great time, although it was hot.

Pitbull Daycare was real good, I was impressed. Rev Co was what you expect, a party on stage for 5 or 6 songs.

Ministry played about 15 songs, the first 7 or 8 were newer ones then the old stuff. No "Jesus Built My Hotrod", but I didn't expect them to play it. The screen behind the band showed anti-Bush propaganda.

Wear dark clothes and you'll fit right it. I had a lot of fun. They have been on my list of bands to see for a long time.

Jim

I went last week in Niagara Falls. I had a great time, although it was hot.

Pitbull Daycare was real good, I was impressed. Rev Co was what you expect, a party on stage for 5 or 6 songs.

Ministry played about 15 songs, the first 7 or 8 were newer ones then the old stuff. No "Jesus Built My Hotrod", but I didn't expect them to play it. The screen behind the band showed anti-Bush propaganda.

Wear dark clothes and you'll fit right it. I had a lot of fun. They have been on my list of bands to see for a long time.

Jim

719086[/snapback]

Yeah, bunch of us from work are going. They've been on my list for quite a while, too. I've not yet seen them. Al's gone a bit nuts with the violent left-wing propaganda.

I saw ministry with helmet and sepultura in 1992. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Linkie-poo

I'll see if I can find a better historical record :P

EDIT: Now I remember! Wiki's the coolest thing ever. It was at the then home of the Skipjacks, the Baltimore Arena (now called 1st Mariner Arena). They had a huge video screen set up behind the stage and when they played Stigmata, the had a loop of some eye surgery footage going on in the background.

Was well intoxicated that evening.

Edit Part Deux: Oh the memories emerging from my drug-soaked youth....I actually saw Ministry TWICE, with the other show being Lollapalooza 1992. That was among the loudest shows I'd ever seen. They had Scott Ian of Anthrax playing guitar with the band. Something like four guitars with HUGE amp stacks. It was held at Montage Mountain near Scranton, PA.

Linkie-Poo part deux

Now that was an awesome show, with Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jesus and Mary Chain... Holy Christ.

1992 was a very good (or bad, depengding on the POV) year for yours truly.

I saw ministry with helmet and sepultura in 1992. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Linkie-poo

I'll see if I can find a better historical record :P

EDIT: Now I remember! Wiki's the coolest thing ever. It was at the then home of the Skipjacks, the Baltimore Arena (now called 1st Mariner Arena). They had a huge video screen set up behind the stage and when they played Stigmata, the had a loop of some eye surgery footage going on in the background.

Was well intoxicated that evening.

Edit Part Deux:  Oh the memories emerging from my drug-soaked youth....I actually saw Ministry TWICE, with the other show being Lollapalooza 1992. That was among the loudest shows I'd ever seen. They had Scott Ian of Anthrax playing guitar with the band. Something like four guitars with HUGE amp stacks. It was held at Montage Mountain near Scranton, PA.

Linkie-Poo part deux

Now that was an awesome show, with Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jesus and Mary Chain... Holy Christ.

1992 was a very good (or bad, depengding on the POV) year for yours truly.

719300[/snapback]

I missed that Lolla. I did see Sepultura a year or two later with Pantera, though; that was cool. I've never seen them. I've seen Metallica more than 15 times, but never Ministry! I forgot about that Seps show... that was cool.

-Jeff

Ever heard some of Ministry's earlier songs like "Over the Shoulder?"  Great techno beat, much less like metal.

719583[/snapback]

That from "With Sympathy?" I had the entire collection at one point in time, lost most of my CDs and whatnot in my move to Georgia. Was a great show. A bit heavy on the new stuff, but got Thieves, NWO, Just One Fix, So What, Psalm 69, and Stigmata. Can't ask for much more than that.