falling into the trap

CAT

Me too.  The reasons I feel trading out of the #8 slot would have made sense are these:

- The Bills could probably have taken Whitner at #15.

- In a draft like this, the second or third round pick the Bills would have obtained from the trade down could have been put to very good use.

- Had Whitner not been available, the player the Bills would have taken in his place could well have been at least as good as Whitner.

720741[/snapback]

\

I agree with Ramius that I am pretty skeptical about Whitmer"probably" being there for us at #15. Its a craapshoot so no one can no for sure (this doubt is one of the key reasons why I think using the word probably is an overstatement) Even wprse, than the possibility that the Lions or Rams may have taken Whitmer if the Bills traded down, there is also the possibility that the Felons who took safety Allen at #16 might have jumped ahead of us and taken Whitner who was ranked ahead of Allen on many boards.

Once Oak took Huff it became fairly certain that we had to take Whitner or face big problems meeting what I perceive is Ralph/Marv's gpal of winning as much as they can now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\

I agree with Ramius that I am pretty skeptical about Whitmer"probably"  being there for us at #15. Its a craapshoot so no one can no for sure (this doubt is one of the key reasons why I think using the word probably is an overstatement)  Even wprse, than the possibility that the Lions or Rams may have taken Whitmer if the Bills traded down, there is also the possibility that the Felons who took safety Allen at #16 might have jumped ahead of us and taken Whitner who was ranked ahead of Allen on many boards.

Once Oak took Huff it became fairly certain that we had to take Whitner or face big problems meeting what I perceive is Ralph/Marv's gpal of winning as much as they can now.

720884[/snapback]

This is a very bad team. I'd be surprised if this pick translated to 2 additional wins this year. The Bills will have a very bad record so 6-10 really isn't better than 4-12.

So, for me its completely illogical to root for a playoff appearance by my Bills this year (or even a winning record)),  Yet who cares. Sports for me is about rooting illogically and I am happy to go down with my Bills if that happens.  It simply means that all will be right with the world.

718985[/snapback]

I enjoy watching my team play good football and that's just not going to happen this year. Last year was as boring as boring could be watching this team.

I don't care if we go 4-12 if we're competitive and play well. When we get our ass kicked each week by almost every team and only seem to win by accident or against the worst teams in the league by playing less poorly than they do, then it's not fun. You sit there in the stands, maybe in the cold or rain, like the Arizona game, and say to yourself, what the hell are they doing. It's not fun.

Guys, you have it all wrong... the bills will go 19-0 as super bowl champions... If not, we'll work backwards from there as the season progresses. I don't care that the bills are projected to suck, blow, stink, and move. I don't care that ralph is old, senile, projected to die soon, and cheap. I don't care that marv is a hasbeen, old, senile, not a GM, sucks, etc. I'm a bills fan, therefore we're awesome, we're the next champions, and i'll be first in line for the parade in february.

Guys, you have it all wrong...  the bills will go 19-0 as super bowl champions...  If not, we'll work backwards from there as the season progresses.  I don't care that the bills are projected to suck, blow, stink, and move.  I don't care that ralph is old, senile, projected to die soon, and cheap. I don't care that marv is a hasbeen, old, senile, not a GM, sucks, etc.  I'm a bills fan, therefore we're awesome, we're the next champions, and i'll be first in line for the parade in february.

721188[/snapback]

Waiter, I'll have what he's drinking.

Waiter, I'll have what he's drinking.

721778[/snapback]

:w00t::lol:

That is really, really funny when you sit there imagining it is coming from your avatar.....or am I just tired?