Personal accountability out the window?

Beerball

We've seen personal injury lawyers on TV for years trying to drum up business. Then medical...if you took XYZ and experienced dizziness in the past four years contact us...Now investments? You smoke? The tobaccy companies have been lying to you...call us...

Now investments? Just saw an ad asking if you have lost money on an investment...mutual funds, retirement etc? Call us...

Give me a friggin break people. Do your homework prior to investing and know going in that you may lose money.

What's the difference between that and medicine or smoking?  You know the risks of surgery and smoking are injury or death.

718634[/snapback]

It is an angle I haven't seen before, therefore, to me it is new. Point is there is no difference, just another way for people to say "not my fault."

I agree.  There IS no more personal accountability.

718639[/snapback]

What is this term, "personal accountability"?

Thanks, everybody's blaming me today. :lol:  Not my fault I tell ya.

718699[/snapback]

It is your fault. I spent time reading your thread when i should have been working. Therefore i should sue you for lost productivity damages.

It is your fault. I spent time reading your thread when i should have been working. Therefore i should sue you for lost productivity damages.

718703[/snapback]

Allow me to wreck it even further.

Check out JSPs hoohaas in the photo. Nice.

linky

We've seen personal injury lawyers on TV for years trying to drum up business.  Then medical...if you took XYZ and experienced dizziness in the past four years contact us...Now investments?  You smoke?  The tobaccy companies have been lying to you...call us...

Now investments?  Just saw an ad asking if you have lost money on an investment...mutual funds, retirement etc?  Call us...

Give me a friggin break people.  Do your homework prior to investing and know going in that you may lose money.

718622[/snapback]

The funny thing about suing a company for stock losses is that the owners of the company are the stockholders. So really, when a disgruntled stockholder (most likely a lawyer who owns a few shares) sues a company he's really suing the people who stuck it out and kept their shares.

The only valid reason IMO to sue in regards to investing is where there is outright fraud, like a financial adviser who ran away with all the investors money, etc.