Flight 93 on History Channel tonight

Just Jack

Okay, not sure which "Flight 93" film we are talking about. I saw the theatrical release, and it was excellent.

There was none of the feared Hollywood cliches' as suspected in the previous thread linked here. No flashy special effects, no tacked on melodrama. In fact, it would be hard to say that there was really a star in the movie at all.

The film captured, what you could only imagine what a horrific event that was for the people working in the control towers, and the passangers on the hijacked flights. I believe that what they show as having taken place on Flight 93, was pieced together from numerous cell phone calls made to loved ones, as well as cockpit recordings.

The ultimate touch of good taste, the majority of the people portraying the people working in the control towers (who get the most face time on screen), were the people portraying themselves, and re-enacting what happened that dark day.

Hollywood gets most things wrong. But I think this film was very well done. While it takes no political point of view, it is very emotional. Walking out of the theater with a heavey heart, the movie kind of re-enforced some of the truly American ideals that no politician can destroy. Things like courage, selflessness, pride, and genuine patriotism (not the store baugt kind0...the things that it didn't take so many long to forget about, after 9/11/01...

A fine movie. I had my doubts about it going in, and came out thinking it was one of the most powerful, and well made, films I have seen in a very long time. Five years was not too long for this film to come out. So much has happened since, and as a result of that day, it seems like people kind of forget about it already.

Yes, it was the one that was just in the theatre's. I watched last night and thought it was pretty well made also.

Okay, not sure which "Flight 93" film we are talking about.  I saw the theatrical release, and it was excellent. 

There was none of the feared Hollywood cliches' as suspected in the previous thread linked here. No flashy special effects, no tacked on melodrama. In fact, it would be hard to say that there was really a star in the movie at all. 

The film captured, what you could only imagine what a horrific event that was for the people working in the control towers, and the passangers on the hijacked flights.  I believe that what they show as having taken place on Flight 93, was pieced together from numerous cell phone calls made to loved ones, as well as cockpit recordings.   

The ultimate touch of good taste, the majority of the people portraying the people working in the control towers (who get the most face time on screen), were the people portraying themselves, and re-enacting what happened that dark day. 

Hollywood gets most things wrong. But I think this film was very well done.  While it takes no political point of view, it is very emotional.  Walking out of the theater with a heavey heart, the movie kind of re-enforced some of the truly American ideals that no politician can destroy. Things like courage, selflessness, pride, and genuine patriotism (not the store baugt kind0...the things that it didn't take so many long to forget about, after 9/11/01...

A fine movie.  I had my doubts about it going in, and came out thinking it was one of the most powerful, and well made, films I have seen in a very long time.  Five years was not too long for this film to come out.  So much has happened since, and as a result of that day, it seems like people kind of forget about it already.

718428[/snapback]

Yes, it was the one that was just in the theatre's. I watched last night and thought it was pretty well made also.

718429[/snapback]

No, the one on last night, "Flight 93", was the A&E version done a couple years ago. The one in theaters was called "United 93".

I can't bring myself to watch that, or anything else that has to do with that day. I have friends who could watch those planes hit the towers over and over...I just can't do it. And I didn't even lose anyone that day. I did, however, work nearby and passed through the towers almost daily. Still can't believe they're gone...still can't believe it happened.