Good Pad Thai recipe?

Fezmid

I want to make some Pad Thai this week, but I've never made it myself - only eaten it at restaraunts. Anyone have a good recipe they use? If so, post it here (or on the TSW Cookbook page).

I've found a ton of different ones online, but no way of knowing if they're any good...

CW

I want to make some Pad Thai this week, but I've never made it myself - only eaten it at restaraunts.  Anyone have a good recipe they use?  If so, post it here (or on the TSW Cookbook page). 

I've found a ton of different ones online, but no way of knowing if they're any good...

CW

718311[/snapback]

pick one and let us know how it was .

I want to make some Pad Thai this week, but I've never made it myself - only eaten it at restaraunts.  Anyone have a good recipe they use?  If so, post it here (or on the TSW Cookbook page). 

CW

718311[/snapback]

You want to make it "from scratch"? We eat it all the time, we just use the "thai kitchen" box that you can buy at the store. I don't know if i've helped or just exposed that we are lazy. :doh:

You want to make it "from scratch"?  We eat it all the time, we just use the "thai kitchen"  box that you can buy at the store.  I don't know if i've helped or just exposed that we are lazy.  :doh:

718447[/snapback]

Yeah, I want from scratch. I tried one of the box ones a few months ago (not sure what brand) and wasn't impressed at all. So I figured I'd try to make it myself (even though I've never made anything more difficult than scrambled eggs before... So I'm probably setting myself up for failure! :lol: ).

If you think the "Thai Kitchen" brand is good, I might try it.

CW

Yeah, I want from scratch.  I tried one of the box ones a few months ago (not sure what brand) and wasn't impressed at all.  So I figured I'd try to make it myself (even though I've never made anything more difficult than scrambled eggs before...  So I'm probably setting myself up for failure! :doh: ).

CW

718455[/snapback]

Just make sure that the recipe you choose has pickle juice as an integral ingredient and your success is assured.

CW

718311[/snapback]

Rachel Ray says this one is easy. Looks pretty involved to me.

Here's Emeril's version.

Here's the list from the Foodtv.com search page.

Good Luck!

I'm too busy to post one right now, but I'll get back with you and send you a good one. And don't listen to the pickle juice guy. PICKLE JUICE?!?!?!

Also how authentic do you want it? What they have in most Thai restaurants in the U.S. isn't authentic. To me it's BETTER, but it's not authentic.

I'm too busy to post one right now, but I'll get back with you and send you a good one.  And don't listen to the pickle juice guy.  PICKLE JUICE?!?!?!

Also how authentic do you want it?  What they have in most Thai restaurants in the U.S. isn't authentic.  To me it's BETTER, but it's not authentic.

718542[/snapback]

There's a couple of Thai restaurants that I really like -- they're not chains, and they're run by people from Thailand, so I *think* it's authentic. Not sure though. The chain Thai restaurants are ok, but nowhere near as good IMHO.

A vague answer, I know... :doh:

HopsGuy: I saw the Rachel Ray one, but again -- I don't know if it's any good or not. Was hoping to find someone who has tried a good one, or has their own recipe :lol:

CW

My question is why do you want to make it yourself?  I prefer to have my ethnic foods prepared by people of that ethnicity.  Thai food should be eaten in Thai restaurants made by Mexicans.  :lol:

718602[/snapback]

Fair question. The reason is that there isn't a real Thai place within 30 miles of where I live, and I'm not going to drive 60 miles for dinner (especially not with gas prices). :lol:

CW

HopsGuy: I saw the Rachel Ray one, but again -- I don't know if it's any good or not.  Was hoping to find someone who has tried a good one, or has their own recipe :lol:

CW

718547[/snapback]

Uh, both the recipes on the foodnetwork site have been reviewed by people that used them.

Fair question.  The reason is that there isn't a real Thai place within 30 miles of where I live, and I'm not going to drive 60 miles for dinner (especially not with gas prices). :lol:

CW

718620[/snapback]

And that's a fair answer. :lol:

Just make sure that the recipe you choose has pickle juice as an integral ingredient and your success is assured.

718457[/snapback]

I am surprised it took 5 posts for there to be a pickle juice reference.

You also must take an hour to cook your noodles.