Vinny Mac finally in over his head??

ajzepp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl, me too.  Dude you do know there's no Tooth Fairy right?

719189[/snapback]

WHAT!!! Just hold on one second while I try to get my arms around what you are saying.

Are you saying that five male cheerleaders/wrestlers called the "Spirit Squad" are just actors! You mean Vince didn't have gallons of human excrement dumped on his head - it was just fake poop!

Oh I get it, you are just making it up (that wrestling is fake) as joke. Geez, you almost had me convinced that wrestling was fake. Now quit it now. :P

I will be ordering it - though I don't think Shamrock stands a chance in hell. I am more interested in the heavyweight fight. I think Silvia will win that.

719212[/snapback]

Yep, Shamrock is toast.....in some of his clips during the preview the other night, he was making excuse after excuse about why he got his ass handed to him the first time, and why things will be different THIS time. I like Ken, but I just didn't buy it. Ortiz is gonna whoop him somethin' silly. Hopefully he saved the money that Vinny Mac paid him a few years ago and he can just retire gracefully with his wife.

Did Shamrock make a WWE appearance? If so when and under what context?

719226[/snapback]

I believe it was atleast 5 years ago

He wrestled as a WWE wrestler (as himself Ken Shamarock) for a couple years. They even had an angle with a girl that was supposed to be his sister who started dating another wrestler.

The also had Dan Severn for a little while, and WCW had Tank Abbott for a while too.

I thought Vinnie Mac and UFC were close, I didn't realise there was any hardship between them

I believe it was atleast 5 years ago

He wrestled as a WWE wrestler (as himself Ken Shamarock) for a couple years. They even had an angle with a girl that was supposed to be his sister who started dating another wrestler.

The also had Dan Severn for a little while, and WCW had Tank Abbott for a while too.

I thought Vinnie Mac and UFC were close, I didn't realise there was any hardship between them

719257[/snapback]

There is hardship in that all wrestlers sign a non-compete clause that states they cannot work for any other wrestling promotion after leaving WWE and they also can not join any MMA outfits like UFC, K-1 or Pride. However, as stated above, Brock Lesnar was able to negotiate a settlement with the WWE after a bitter court battle. Lesnar is scheduled to fight in OCtober with K-1. I am not sure who he is fighting but he is calling our Royce Gracie.

Did Shamrock make a WWE appearance? If so when and under what context?

719226[/snapback]

Yep, I think apuszczalowski hit the high points....

I'll just add that they made him a "good guy" at first, and then turned him heel.....for me it gave the WWE credibilty issues, cause I had already been watching UFC with some of these guys, and Shamrock just appeared way too constrained. The smartened up later when he went heel, and there were times when his gimmick was pretty much "I have to play by the rules, but I'm gonna lose my mind and UFC APE sh-- on your ass when the ref's not looking". So they were smart in that they played off what anyone could see was him having to hold back into part of his character gimmick. Pretty smart.

Shamrock didn't last too long tonight.

720320[/snapback]

What, a minute and some change isn't enough? He's always got an excuse. I'd love to have seen the press conference, where I'm sure he gave a better effort than he did in the Octagon. Shamrock is lucky Herb stopped that fight before Tito seriously hurt him.

All in all, one of the most disappointing UFC PPVs ever. Silvia and Arlovski was 25 minutes of dancing, though Silvia certainly landed the harder shots. Obviously each was very wary of the other's power and that made for a long boring fight.

There were 2 "good" fights, the first one and the one between the two main events. It's pretty cool that Silva showed up and challenged Chuck but I bet Dana wishes it happened at the last one so he wouldn't have to worry about Chuck losing to Babaloo at UFC 62.

What, a minute and some change isn't enough?  He's always got an excuse.  I'd love to have seen the press conference, where I'm sure he gave a better effort than he did in the Octagon.  Shamrock is lucky Herb stopped that fight before Tito seriously hurt him.

All in all, one of the most disappointing UFC PPVs ever.  Silvia and Arlovski was 25 minutes of dancing, though Silvia certainly landed the harder shots.  Obviously each was very wary of the other's power and that made for a long boring fight.

There were 2 "good" fights, the first one and the one between the two main events.  It's pretty cool that Silva showed up and challenged Chuck but I bet Dana wishes it happened at the last one so he wouldn't have to worry about Chuck losing to Babaloo at UFC 62.

720340[/snapback]

Joe Stevenson is the real deal. The cut on his opponent almost looked fake it was bleeding so much. THe Josh Burkman was also vary good.

The "main-events" were non-events. I do think the ORtiz-Shamrock fight was stopped too soon, especially considering Shamrock is so skilled at submissions. However, I would give HUGE deference to Herb because I don't think Shamrock had an answer to TIto. He was pressed against the cage and looked like he crushed and cut by those elbows. Even if he did survive for 3 1/2 minutes, his face would have looked worse than it did after the first fight.

Joe Stevenson is the real deal. The cut on his opponent almost looked fake it was bleeding so much. THe Josh Burkman was also vary good.

The "main-events" were non-events. I do think the ORtiz-Shamrock fight was stopped too soon, especially considering Shamrock is so skilled at submissions. However, I would give HUGE deference to Herb because I don't think Shamrock had an answer to TIto. He was pressed against the cage and looked like he crushed and cut by those elbows. Even if he did survive for 3 1/2 minutes, his face would have looked worse than it did after the first fight.

720347[/snapback]

That cut was nasty. Herb made the right call in my eyes and stopped the fight Shamrock would've been a dead man in 30 more seconds. As far as Silvia and Arlovski goes, that was one of the lamest fight s I have ever seen in the octagon. They both have too much respect for each other.

What, a minute and some change isn't enough?  He's always got an excuse.  I'd love to have seen the press conference, where I'm sure he gave a better effort than he did in the Octagon.  Shamrock is lucky Herb stopped that fight before Tito seriously hurt him.

All in all, one of the most disappointing UFC PPVs ever.  Silvia and Arlovski was 25 minutes of dancing, though Silvia certainly landed the harder shots.  Obviously each was very wary of the other's power and that made for a long boring fight.

There were 2 "good" fights, the first one and the one between the two main events.  It's pretty cool that Silva showed up and challenged Chuck but I bet Dana wishes it happened at the last one so he wouldn't have to worry about Chuck losing to Babaloo at UFC 62.

720340[/snapback]

Another 30 seconds and Tito would have done some serious damage to Shamrock. I don't think he was knocked out, but he wasn't putting up much of a defense either. I'm sure we'll see them both in UFC 63. Shamrock will want a rematch and Tito won't pass up a chance to humiliate him again.

I thought the Silvia and Arlovski fight was going to end fast. It ended up being a disappointing 5 rounds of sparing. The boos rang out at the sports bar I was at. Oh well, at least our waitress was hot.