Vinny Mac finally in over his head??

ajzepp

Royce took quite the beating the last time he stepped into the Octogon.

718278[/snapback]

...yeah

he proved that you need to evolve with MMA...while he was able to kick everyone's ass in the beginning with brazilian jiujitsu alone, once guys started mixing BJJ into their thai kickboxing or whatever other martial art they practiced, Gracie couldn't hack it anymore

guys that "fake wrestle" all the time will not only take a beating, they'll get seriously hurt taking on a UFC fighter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Kurt Angle is a badass, but Lindell would whoop him something silly.

717879[/snapback]

I think you're on to something, a thread about kickers and punters in a death match tournament. Moorman is one tough SOB, but my money is on Janakowski, if he's sober look out.

You do know professional wrestling is not real, right?

718390[/snapback]

What??????????????? Its not real???????????????????????????

OMG, WHAT AM I WATCHING IT FOR THEN???????????????????????????

What about Santa, The Easter Bunny or The Tooth Fairy???????????? They're real, Right?

:doh: x infinitie

What part of my post makes you believe that I thought Wrassilin was real? Was it because I don't think that just any UFC fighter could just walk in and defeat a WWE wrestler in less then 10 seconds? Some of these guys that are Pro Wrestlers do have backgrounds in other stuff, and like I mentioned in my post you replyed to are not just Glorified Body Builders (although some are)

But its all fake, they fight on Matress's and they don't even hit each other so they could not beat a UFC fighter. :lol:

God I can't stand Vince Mc. Dana White is doing everything right with the UFC. Not trying to force it down peoples throats the way Vince did with the WWF. I'd like to see Vince get in the octagon.

Anyone watching the PPV on Saturday? I'am!

God I can't stand Vince Mc.  Dana White is doing everything right with the UFC.  Not trying to force it down peoples throats the way Vince did with the WWF.  I'd like to see Vince get in the octagon. 

Anyone watching the PPV on Saturday?  I'am!

718510[/snapback]

I agree, I watch some WWE programming but I can't stand Vinnie Mac. I think he believes people care more about stupid story lines then actually watching a wrestling match. With the amount of time they spend on Non-wrestling spots, they could have shortened their program by atleast half. And enough with the corny gimmicks and brining back the retirees.

I don't mind UFC and can watch it sometimes, but I think that because it is like Boxing, one fight every month or 2, I just can't get into it as much. And then there are so many other versions of it too, like Pride fighting (which I can't stand). My buddy watches Pride and I don't get it. I have watched a bunch of fights and most of the time all that happens is both guys go down to the ground and one lies ontop the the other for the rest of the fight. Seemed more like Gay Pride fighting to me.

I have watched a bunch of fights and most of the time all that happens is both guys go down to the ground and one lies ontop the the other for the rest of the fight. Seemed more like Gay Pride fighting to me.

718550[/snapback]

there's some serious skill involved in grappling

after getting into brazilian jiujitsu, i find the grappling, chokes and submissions to be the most exciting parts of the fight

i would love to see it, as long as it wasnt produced by the WWE.

i really dont want to see a UFC fighter try to get in to "wrestling" with a stunt like this.

UFC is real fighting, the WWE is not. if fighters from both organizations did fight, i would not know if it was fake or real. if it was fake i would be PISSED, but if it was real, it would be the best UFC fight ever. :doh:

i would love to see it, as long as it wasnt produced by the WWE.

i really dont want to see a UFC fighter try to get in to "wrestling" with a stunt like this.

UFC is real fighting, the WWE is not. if fighters from both organizations did fight, i would not know if it was fake or real. if it was fake i would be PISSED, but if it was real, it would be the best UFC fight ever.  :doh:

718591[/snapback]

By "best" do you mean the shortest fight ever? :lol:

I do think Brock Lesnar, who is apparently in a legal fight with the WWE over whether he can be a K-1 fighter (all wrestler's have non-compete clauses in their contracts), would be interesting. Like Matt Hughs, he was a stellar college wrestler. Those skills, combined with kickboxing and jui-jitsu training can make for a powerful combination. Lesnar is quick and huge!

Link about Brock and K-1

Well, It would definitly be a good fight, seeing as how Angle was an olympic wrestling champion, so you know he can actually wrestle.

Say what you will about the WWE, but just because the results are predetermined, doesn't mean these guys can't actually fight and wouldn't stand a chance against a "Real Fighter" like someone from UFC

718037[/snapback]

Did you just say that just because a guy fights in fake fights doesn't mean he can't fight for real? I guess that's true. But on the other hand, just because a guy fights in fake fights doesn't mean he CAN fight! :lol:

PTR

I think you're on to something, a thread about kickers and punters in a death match tournament.  Moorman is one tough SOB, but my money is on Janakowski, if he's sober look out.

718460[/snapback]

something tells me if that happened, you'd see romanowski trying to make a roster as a punter

By "best" do you mean the shortest fight ever?  :lol:Link about Brock and K-1

718594[/snapback]

yes.

I would love to see a "pro Wrestler", who play fights for a living, get his ass kicked in 20 seconds by a trained UFC Fighter.

it would make millions on pay per view. but i would have to be sure that it wont turn in to a scripted fake fight like in the WWE.

Spike replayed the one hour preview for Saturday's fights last night (the program that cantakerous mentioned earlier in the thread)......I think I could take Ken Shamrock, but Tito Ortiz scares the sh-- out of me.

Did you just say that just because a guy fights in fake fights doesn't mean he can't fight for real?  I guess that's true.  But on the other hand, just because a guy fights in fake fights doesn't mean he CAN fight!  :lol:

PTR

718628[/snapback]

I said that just because wrestling is predetermined, doesn't mean that a wrestler couldn't stand his ground in a fight.

And its true, it doesn't mean they can fight either. But there are some wrestlers that I could see giving a UFC fighter a challenge.

Spike replayed the one hour preview for Saturday's fights last night (the program that cantakerous mentioned earlier in the thread)......I think I could take Ken Shamrock, but Tito Ortiz scares the sh-- out of me.

718636[/snapback]

You wouldn't be allowed to wear your shin pads and cleats, kickball boy.

You wouldn't be allowed to wear your shin pads and cleats, kickball boy.

718715[/snapback]

You sure about that? :lol:

Actually what I meant was that I could take Shamrock's WIFE.....my bad

i dunno about that...

i mean, he hasn't killed her in bed yet

:lol:

nevermind...

718722[/snapback]

lol, I hadn't thought about that.....you have a point

If they let Finlay use the shillelagh and the midget,

he'd kick all their asses.

718763[/snapback]