Vinny Mac finally in over his head??

ajzepp

I have to admit, I'd pay to see a WWE guy challenge a UFC fighter. I haven't paid for a wrestling PPV since I was a kid, but I'd dish out some green to see this.....I think McMahon is full of sheeaaat, and he'd never actually go through with it, but it's fun to think about. I mean, why WOULD he do it? He's the king of all wrestling, which is huge right now, making millions of dollars. If he let a UFC guy kick the crap out of one of the WWE "superstars" I think it could be a huge blow to the WWE and a great big springboard for the UFC.

Story

"According to the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, a highly-ranked UFC official said that the company no longer plans to ignore WWE's public "challenges."

While UFC let Angle's storyline "open challenge" to anyone from a 4-, 6- or 8-sided ring go unaddressed, it will not be doing that in the future. If WWE attempts to put one of its wrestlers over as superior to MMA fighters, it will respond to put public pressure on WWE to make the match happen.

"Now that we have exposure, we're not going to be ignoring stuff like this. We'll go public and have Chuck Liddell accept any public challenges or claims they'll make," the source said."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see it. The fight would be over in less than a minute.

717878[/snapback]

I agree. Kurt Angle is a badass, but Chuck Liddell would whoop him something silly.

I doubt it.  Kurt Angle would whoop liddell. I'll take someone with legit real  wrestling experience over a martial arts guy anyday.

717905[/snapback]

Really?? Well, I'd love to see them go at it.....to me, those MMA guys are the baddest on the planet. I'd be wanting Kurt to win, I just can't see it.

Well, It would definitly be a good fight, seeing as how Angle was an olympic wrestling champion, so you know he can actually wrestle.

Say what you will about the WWE, but just because the results are predetermined, doesn't mean these guys can't actually fight and wouldn't stand a chance against a "Real Fighter" like someone from UFC

Well, It would definitly be a good fight, seeing as how Angle was an olympic wrestling champion, so you know he can actually wrestle.

Say what you will about the WWE, but just because the results are predetermined, doesn't mean these guys can't actually fight and wouldn't stand a chance against a "Real Fighter" like someone from UFC

718037[/snapback]

All the more reason why I'd pay to see it happen!

I doubt it.  Kurt Angle would whoop liddell. I'll take someone with legit real  wrestling experience over a martial arts guy anyday.

717905[/snapback]

Chuck Liddell isn't a "martial arts guy". I guess Randy Couture's run at Oklahoma State: 4 time NCAA champion, four times on US international teams, and three times as an NCAA All American doesn't count, huh? Liddell has knocked him stupid twice - each time early in the first round. Couture is far superior in the Octagon to anyone the WWE could put up.

Kurt Angle would get his head handed to him in today's MMA ring. Everyone out there in his weight class is far more rounded than he is. He may take someone down to the mat but once he got them there he'd be the one who ended up tapping.

718037[/snapback]

You're nuts. The WWE guys are in great shape and are great athletes, but just because they were world class wrestlers at one time doesn't mean they could adapt to being punched in the face/kneed/arm barred/etc by people who've been training at that for the better part of a decade.

Ask Royce Gracie how much MMA has changed in the last 10 years. He might be able to put together a coherent thought by now.

It's a whole different world. Unlike most people, I have all the respect in the world for what the guys in WWE do. It's a tough buisness, and they take more punishment on their bodies than just about any other "sport".

But put them in an Octogon and they would be done in minutes.

That said, most UFC type fighters couldn't do what the WWE guys do week after week either.

Isn't Angle refering to the other wrestling promotion, TSA, when he says "8-sided ring"? They have Sting and other "famous" entertainers.

As an avid fan of the UFC I will echo the talk here. Angle will have his ass handed to him if he were to ever try it, unless he has been training for it for a while.

Rumor has it that Brock Lesnar was going to enter K-1 in japan! He has the potential to be bad ass if he dedicated himself to it. Anyone here of this?

Isn't Angle refering to the other wrestling promotion, TSA, when he says "8-sided ring"? They have Sting and other "famous" entertainers.

As an avid fan of the UFC I will echo the talk here. Angle will have his ass handed to him if he were to ever try it, unless he has been training for it for a while.

718247[/snapback]

TNA has a six sided ring (kind of weird looking)

I wouldn't be as willing to just hand the victory over to a UFC fighter cause you don't know exactly what these WWE wrestler can do. A guy like Rob Van Dam may have a chance, having a background in Martial Arts too, but he'd probably show up too stoned to be able to fight.

Now, it is true, alot of the pro wrestlers would not last 10 seconds in the octagon just because they are pretty much glorified body builders pretending to fight, but there are some that could probably hold there own.

And technically, if this were to happen, since UFC would be answering a WWE challenge, wouldn't they have to fight under WWE rules? and not in the octogan?

Rumor has it that Brock Lesnar was going to enter K-1 in japan! He has the potential to be bad ass if he dedicated himself to it. Anyone here of this?

718247[/snapback]

Is he still trying to make the Vikings? or has he given up on his dream to be a football player? He pretty much went in the opposite direction most wrestlers take. Usually they start out as football players (until a career ending injury) and then become Pro Wrestlers. He went the opposite way. Although I would love to see him come back and have some more matches with guys like Benoit, and Angle. Guys who are all about the grappling and submissions, and actual wrestling

717905[/snapback]

If this match ever happens, i'll put a benjamin on Liddell.

TNA has a six sided ring (kind of weird looking)

I wouldn't be as willing to just hand the victory over to a UFC fighter cause you don't know exactly what these WWE wrestler can do. A guy like Rob Van Dam may have a chance, having a background in Martial Arts too, but he'd probably show up too stoned to be able to fight.

Now, it is true, alot of the pro wrestlers would not last 10 seconds in the octagon just because they are pretty much glorified body builders pretending to fight, but there are some that could probably hold there own.

And technically, if this were to happen, since UFC would be answering a WWE challenge, wouldn't they have to fight under WWE rules? and not in the octogan?

Is he still trying to make the Vikings? or has he given up on his dream to be a football player? He pretty much went in the opposite direction most wrestlers take. Usually they start out as football players (until a career ending injury) and then become Pro Wrestlers. He went the opposite way. Although I would love to see him come back and have some more matches with guys like Benoit, and Angle. Guys who are all about the grappling and submissions, and actual wrestling

718266[/snapback]

You do know professional wrestling is not real, right?