Mike Grier

Adequate player but easily replaceable IMO.  Not shedding a tear over the departure of stone hands.  He seemed like a classy guy and was well-respected, but with a glut of forwards on the team, he can walk.

717873[/snapback]

I think this hurts more than losing McKee...I understand why it is happening, but IMO, overall, Grier and Drury were the best Sabres on the ice, throuhout the recent playoff run. Hopefully, the Sabres have someone on the back-burner who can bring some of the same skills. Or, hopefully, there is a second tier FA out there who can bring some of that style to the Sabres forwards.

The Sabres, at least this past season, didn't really need goal scorers. They needed a few more guys like Grier, who aren't afraid to play physical, without being dirty.

As great as this past season was, I only hope that the salary cap doesn't have the same adverse affect on the NHL, that it did on the NBA.

Not good. Not good at all. This one bothers me WAAAY more than losing McKee. Why? The chemistry between him and Drury, and that this guy just brought it come playoff time and was an enabling force for his teammates on the ice. Grier's loss is going to felt and guys like him don't come around often. Boo. :o

I was listening to the radio this morning. I guess that the Sabres tried to match the offer but Grier has family on the West Coast and elected to had to San Jose. Tough loss.

I was listening to the radio this morning. I guess that the Sabres tried to match the offer but Grier has family on the West Coast and elected to had to San Jose. Tough loss.

718494[/snapback]

He also stated that he said "No thanks" to Darcy because he felt the Sharks were more committed and echoed Brieres statement of being worried about how commited the Sabres were to keeping the team together.

Grier will be missed as he was a physical presence on the ice and a veteran leader. Luckily this team has alot of good forwards so losing him won't hurt as bad as it could have.

The only problem I see is that the 2 players we have lost so far were 2 physical players (Griere layed alot of hits, and McKee put his health on the line to block a league leading amount of shots) The Sabres aren't the most physical team in the league and may need to address that now in the offseason

He also stated that he said "No thanks" to Darcy because he felt the Sharks were more committed and echoed Brieres statement of being worried about how commited the Sabres were to keeping the team together.

718561[/snapback]

Right - way more committed - they also picked up CuBro

Grier will be missed as he was a physical presence on the ice and a veteran leader. Luckily this team has alot of good forwards so losing him won't hurt as bad as it could have.

The only problem I see is that the 2 players we have lost so far were 2 physical players (Griere layed alot of hits, and McKee put his health on the line to block a league leading amount of shots) The Sabres aren't the most physical team in the league and may need to address that now in the offseason

718561[/snapback]

Shock. Horror. Revulsion. Told you all so.

:doh: