Positive JP Losman News Alert

eball

Taken from this article on TBD front page:

He (Jaworski) has become such a master at it that he has attracted NFL quarterbacks to study with him. Cincinnati's Carson Palmer did it. The latest is J.P. Losman of the Bills, who came to study about two months ago. Jaworski said the day of film study was set up by Losman's agent.

"I was very impressed [by Losman] with how he handled the intelligence side of the game," said Jaworski, who had heard the criticism that Losman didn't have the football smarts for the position. "He answered everything pretty much right. I'm very confident he'll have a good year. I think he'll be the [bills] quarterback."

Jaworski also was impressed that Losman took responsibility for his play last season and didn't blame anyone else.

"Not one time did he say negative things about [former coach] Mike Mularkey," Jaworski said. "He's a very classy, articulate guy."

But what about last season, when Losman was in and out of the lineup and eventually lost his job to Kelly Holcomb?

"There were growing pains," Jaworski said. "Every quarterback goes through them. When he made mistakes, he assumed personal responsibility. That's a real plus."

Jaworski also was impressed that Losman took responsibility for his play last season and didn't blame anyone else.

Yes, that was very refreshing :rolleyes:

I think Jaworski is one of the best game analysts around today. He's obnoxious in his delivery, but what he's saying is generally informative and, more often than not, right on the money. He's one of the few guys who actually teaches me something instead of giving you the typical "you must establish the run to set up the play action" crap.

I think Jaworski is one of the best game analysts around today. He's obnoxious in his delivery, but what he's saying is generally informative and, more often than not, right on the money. He's one of the few guys who actually teaches me something instead of giving you the typical "you must establish the run to set up the play action" crap.

717258[/snapback]

Yep, I totally agree. I enjoy his segments.

Yep, I totally agree. I enjoy his segments.

717285[/snapback]

Wasn't Jaworski one of the guys throwing Losman under the bus on ESPN? Did he know something or was he just part of the pack mentallity in Bristol?

PTR

Wasn't Jaworski one of the guys throwing Losman under the bus on ESPN?  Did he know something or was he just part of the pack mentallity in Bristol?

PTR

717303[/snapback]

Actually he's been in Losman's corner for awhile, he ranked him ahead of Rivers according to this USA Today Article.

He even said this going into last season from cached version of his official website

When I evaluated Losman coming out of Tulane, I thought he had the livest arm of the draft bunch. He was very raw, very undisciplined but he was a guy who had a huge upside and I felt it was going to take time with him. He needed to get discipline in his game, he needed to get coaching and he needed time to develop. Yeah, he was in Buffalo last year, but he was injured and he missed practice time, repetition time.

I expect Losman to be raw. There is not much clarity in his game right now because he hasn't been on the field. I look forward to making it to Buffalo to watch him. He's got talent and he has a supporting cast that can win.

I expect Losman to be raw. There is not much clarity in his game right now because he hasn't been on the field. I look forward to making it to Buffalo to watch him. He's got talent and he has a supporting cast that can win

717310[/snapback]

He was right about the stuff except the last part...There was no such thing

as a supporting cast......Moulds flat out did not want him....His OL couldn't

block for him.

He was right about the stuff except the last part...There was no such thing

as a supporting cast......Moulds flat out did not want him....His OL couldn't

block for him.

717501[/snapback]

I think that the comment came from after the 2004 season based on the wording of the piece and the poster saying it was from a hjaws cache.

Moulds and others completely melted down last season, but coming off a winning record, a last weekend loss that cost them playpffs, and WMs fantastic 9 games in 2004, this supporting cast comment would not have been unreasonable if this is when he made it.

oh now I feel SOOOOOO MUCH better......that Jp can answer MOST of the questions right  :rolleyes:

717547[/snapback]

Since that's not what Jaws said you might want to try again.

Since that's not what Jaws said you might want to try again.

717557[/snapback]

maybe u need to read again........answered, whether in a form of a question or offseason workout ethic or whatever the hell

ALMOST GOT EVERYTHING RIGHT DOESNT MEAN sh--

I root for jp....i want him to succeed.....but if he doesnt.......his ass can be thrown to the wolves

I think there is so much to like about JP. I have been in his camp simce we drafted him and I'll stick by him until he leaves the team.

He's a great talent, that still needs the time under centre to develop and has potential to lead this team to the Superbowl. His attitude is exactly what you want from a QB, he could do some to get on better with the gusy on the team, but I think the last year and this offseason will help that and his work ethic has never ever been questioned...

Fingers crossed that JP puts all of this together and we have our QB come September.

maybe u need to read again........answered, whether in a form of a question or offseason workout ethic or whatever the hell

ALMOST GOT EVERYTHING RIGHT DOESNT MEAN sh--

717587[/snapback]

Trying reading it one more time. I think on the third try you might be able to quote it correctly.

717258[/snapback]

For JP to succeed the team needs a factor back. Hodge said so. :o