Old Bills games available on DVD!

duey

duey,

FWIW I agree with all this.  That selection of games is awesome.  I wouldn't mind paying more than what Fez charges for some of those 90-95 games and I'm not morally outraged at your proposal.  But $100+ for like 8 games does seem a little ridiculous; that is all.

721128[/snapback]

15 shekles? You must be joking! :blink:

Have people not heard of haggling?

BTW just because Fezmid provides a relatively free service for fellow Bills fans does not mean duey is wrong for trying to make a buck.....

However, there is the issue of using a free chat-room(TBD) for the benefit of a commercial enterprise.

Just thought I'd add to both sides of the arguement. :doh:

However, there is the issue of using a free chat-room(TBD) for the benefit of a commercial enterprise.

721141[/snapback]

The key word being free! All are free not to pay anything for duey's games if they don't want to, and he is free to let people he has them, if they want to pay for them...I don't see the problem...

The key word being free!  All are free not to pay anything for duey's games if they don't want to, and he is free to let people he has them, if they want to pay for them...I don't see the problem...

721150[/snapback]

Me neither, I just thought I'd stir the pot. :doh:

15 shekles?  You must be joking! :P

BTW just because Fezmid provides a relatively free service for fellow Bills fans does not mean duey is wrong for trying to make a buck.....

721141[/snapback]

Technically duey is wrong for trying to make a buck because if he is profiting from the sale of copyrighted material he is breaking the law. :w00t:

see, ebay hosts auctions, and normally prices start low, so what this is would amount to a bad ebay auction.... ie high start price = lower chance of interested bidders. you sell at the higher price when people feel like the other bidder is "gonna win", and they bid the price up so that they "can win". Don't get defensive, it's just your entering a market where your competitors are providing the same service for considerably less, (fezmid removes the commercials though too), without justifing the higher price. Furthermore it's all about concentration and placment.( Ok that last part was generic)

Fez's op is also a lot more legal that duey's. Fez is charging people for the blank DVD media and for shipping, not for the actual games, which is against the law.

Altho, i suppose duey and tracylee could get quite a business going... :w00t:

Fez's op is also a lot more legal that duey's. Fez is charging people for the blank DVD media and for shipping, not for the actual games, which is against the law.

721248[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure the NFL would see it that way... :w00t: How does the game get onto the blank media again?

Yeah, I'm sure the NFL would see it that way... :w00t:  How does the game get onto the blank media again?

721548[/snapback]

quite simple. fez is giving the game away free, which is perfectly legal. The NFL doesnt care if you record the game and give it to people for free, because you are not making money re-broadcasting it. I've dubbed old bills games on VHS for friends before for free. thats fine. All i am doing to get a game from fez is buying a blank DVD, asking my buddy fez to burn the copy, and paying for him to ship it to me.

Duey is making money off selling the games. Thats his perogative. I'll stick with fez.

15 shekles?  You must be joking! :P

Just thought I'd add to both sides of the arguement. :w00t:

721141[/snapback]

Free chat-room. WTF, am I the only one paying the monthly fee?!

quite simple. fez is giving the game away free, which is perfectly legal. The NFL doesnt care if you record the game and give it to people for free, because you are not making money re-broadcasting it. I've dubbed old bills games on VHS for friends before for free. thats fine. All i am doing to get a game from fez is buying a blank DVD, asking my buddy fez to burn the copy, and paying for him to ship it to me.

Duey is making money off selling the games. Thats his perogative. I'll stick with fez.

721654[/snapback]

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that the NFL would view either scenario as technically illegal.

If somebody else that actually has the listed games wants to step up and transfer them to DVD format, edit and burn them and offer them for merely the cost of the DVD's and the shipping , then and only then will this be an issue worth debating with such effort.

If somebody else that actually has the listed games wants to step up and transfer them to DVD format, edit and burn them and offer them for merely the cost of the DVD's and the shipping , then and only then will this be an issue worth debating with such effort.

721718[/snapback]

I agree....you people need to quit exerting so much effort in this discussion!!! If you don't take it easy you're gonna pull something, for cryin' out loud

I agree....you people need to quit exerting so much effort in this discussion!!!  If you don't take it easy you're gonna pull something, for cryin' out loud

721725[/snapback]

I think some of them have been pulling something the whole time.....if you know what I mean. :w00t:

I think some of them have been pulling something the whole time.....if you know what I mean.  :lol:

721732[/snapback]

:w00t: