World Cup

While we are obviously not enamored of the world cup, I've been getting emails and photos of celebrations in Ukraine where their success (at least until this afternoon!) has united the country. I was in Istanbul sitting with a large group of Turks in a shop last June when Ukraine eliminated Turkey from the competition, and it was a little uncomfortable in that my daughter and I were the only people rooting for Ukraine. (Kind of being in Miami and rooting for the Bills, I guess). I'll be pulling for Ukraine to beat Italy for another long shot victory this afternoon.

world cup..ukraine vs. Italy

While we are obviously not enamored of the world cup, I've been getting emails and photos of celebrations in Ukraine where their success (at least until this afternoon!) has united the country.  I was in Istanbul sitting with a large group of Turks in a shop last June when Ukraine eliminated Turkey from the competition, and it was a little uncomfortable in that my daughter and I were the only people rooting for Ukraine. (Kind of being in Miami and rooting for the Bills, I guess).  I'll be pulling for Ukraine to beat Italy for another long shot victory this afternoon.

716648[/snapback]

I might as well...

Not

This is huge in the Ukie community. HUGE. I hope my home boys can pull it out.

716704[/snapback]

Ukraine have not allowed a goal in 309 minutes.

They play well as a team.

Qualified into the WC facing all European teams which is a difficult task.

Highly underrated IMHO but in the end, Italy should win this match.

Shevchenko will be the decider.

Ukraine have not allowed a goal in 309 minutes. 

They play well as a team. 

Qualified into the WC facing all European teams which is a difficult task. 

Highly underrated IMHO but in the end, Italy should win this match.

Shevchenko will be the decider.

716708[/snapback]

I watched Ukraine against Switzerland and they disspointed me. I thought they would win that game easily or show a more better product on the field. I was wrong.

I know Schevchenko is one hell of a player but the overall lineup is average, IMO.

Italia should win this game. Does Camoranesi play today?

I watched Ukraine against Switzerland and they disspointed me. I thought they would win that game easily or show a more better product on the field. I was wrong.

I know Schevchenko is one hell of a player but the overall lineup is average, IMO.

Italia should win this game. Does Camoranesi play today?

716725[/snapback]

The lineup is underrated. If they do win the game it won't only be because of Sheva cuz Cannavaro will be marking him pretty well.

Camoranesi will most likely play in a simple 4-4-2.

I dated a Ukranian girl and her attitude alone makes me want to cheer on Italy. Of course, I dated an Italian girl that cheated on me during the Super Bowl, which makes me ask.... what schmuck wasn't watching the Super Bowl?

Well, I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Go Ukraine!

Of course, I dated an Italian girl that cheated on me during the Super Bowl, which makes me ask.... what schmuck wasn't watching the Super Bowl?

I was watching the game at the same time.

I dated a Ukranian girl and her attitude alone makes me want to cheer on Italy. Of course, I dated an Italian girl that cheated on me during the Super Bowl, which makes me ask.... what schmuck wasn't watching the Super Bowl?

Well, I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Go Ukraine!

716755[/snapback]

:lol::P:angry:

While we are obviously not enamored of the world cup, I've been getting emails and photos of celebrations in Ukraine where their success (at least until this afternoon!) has united the country.  I was in Istanbul sitting with a large group of Turks in a shop last June when Ukraine eliminated Turkey from the competition, and it was a little uncomfortable in that my daughter and I were the only people rooting for Ukraine. (Kind of being in Miami and rooting for the Bills, I guess).  I'll be pulling for Ukraine to beat Italy for another long shot victory this afternoon.

716648[/snapback]

Which really means their lives are very sad.