Of these two boats..

Puhonix

Which Photo do you like better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Photo do you like better?

• Briana - Sepia
    • Briana - Blue

Looks like I'm in the minority but....sepia.

To me, the sepia gives it an old quality which blends better with the obviously old boat. It has an 'atmosphere' to it. A historic feel.

The blue IMO comes across a little washed...no atmos. It has the feel of just another boat on the water.

Mind you, I agree with the previous poster saying the white in the sky on the sepia is a little bright.

I don't know what I like, but I know a lot about art. :lol:

Canon Digital Rebel XT. I love that thing. :lol:

716739[/snapback]

I bought the 20D back in November and in hindsight the Rebel would have been more appropriate because I'm not that good of a photographer to have something that extensive. On the other hand, I have managed to take some pretty remarkable photos, so there's no regret on my side. It's unfortunate the zoom lenses are so expensive. I added the 28-135mm to the bag and I never use the original lens (18-55mm) that came with the camera.

I bought the 20D back in November and in hindsight the Rebel would have been more appropriate because I'm not that good of a photographer to have something that extensive. On the other hand, I have managed to take some pretty remarkable photos, so there's no regret on my side. It's unfortunate the zoom lenses are so expensive. I added the 28-135mm to the bag and I never use the original lens (18-55mm) that came with the camera.

716754[/snapback]

I'm looking at getting a 70-300mm soon. But I love the Macro shots too, so I've been looking on Ebay for just the right Macro lens.

I'm looking at getting a 70-300mm soon. But I love the Macro shots too, so I've been looking on Ebay for just the right Macro lens.

716756[/snapback]

If you don't mind, let me know if you find a good deal on that lens with the Image Stablizer on it. For the right price, I might try it.

Also, if you're googling around and find a good price at ExpressCameras.com, do NOT, under any circumstances, order from them. They are a racket of embarrassing proportions.

So after all that, I decided against going with the popular winner. I think the sepia just captures a better mood, and is a shot that has more of a grandiose feel to it. So here it is, my contest entry:

God's Blessing Briana III

On another note, someone pointed out to me that if you look at the blue picture, you can see a face in the clouds. Anyone else see it?

Personally, I like that shot better in sepia...EXCEPT that the gradient from the bright sky to the boat is a little too excessive and jarring.  Keep it in sepia, but darken the brightest part of the sky somehow, and it's got my vote.

CAVEAT: I don't know sh-- about art or photography.

716380[/snapback]

and throw in a hot chick in a bikini!