Which Photo do you like better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Photo do you like better?

• Briana - Sepia
    • Briana - Blue

Ask and you shall receive:

God's Blessing Briana - Blue II

716376[/snapback]

Personally, I like that shot better in sepia...EXCEPT that the gradient from the bright sky to the boat is a little too excessive and jarring. Keep it in sepia, but darken the brightest part of the sky somehow, and it's got my vote.

CAVEAT: I don't know sh-- about art or photography.

How come all of my pictures just end up being of my drunk friends yelling in a bar and photos of random girls' cleavedge?  I can't seem to figure that out.

716381[/snapback]

I tihnk it has something to do with you being a red-blooded american male who isnt driving a honda fit.

Now puhonix on the other hand, we're still not sure of...i mean he DOES like the dolphins and maple laffs.

Blue, by the way.

Personally, I like that shot better in sepia...EXCEPT that the gradient from the bright sky to the boat is a little too excessive and jarring.  Keep it in sepia, but darken the brightest part of the sky somehow, and it's got my vote.

CAVEAT: I don't know sh-- about art or photography.

716380[/snapback]

ADDENDUM: The real issue I have with that picture is that the bright sky is so bright it draws the eye away from the boat to the upper edge...at the same time, it's so bright it washes out most of the detail where the eye's drawn to...so you end up looking at nothing. I'm all for contrast...but that's a little too much in the wrong place. I guess what I really like about it is: it's in sepia.

So here's another question for you: what does the original blue one look like in sepia?

ADDENDUM: The real issue I have with that picture is that the bright sky is so bright it draws the eye away from the boat to the upper edge...at the same time, it's so bright it washes out most of the detail where the eye's drawn to...so you end up looking at nothing.  I'm all for contrast...but that's a little too much in the wrong place.  I guess what I really like about it is: it's in sepia.

So here's another question for you: what does the original blue one look like in sepia?

716387[/snapback]

Like I said, darken it. :pirate:

716387[/snapback]

Oh crap, I'm not going into that now or I'll come up with every single combination in every single color between ROYGBIV.

I'm leaving it to the original two, because the contrast was too strong in the blue that I redid. So its left to those two.

Oh crap, I'm not going into that now or I'll come up with every single combination in every single color between ROYGBIV.

I'm leaving it to the original two, because the contrast was too strong in the blue that I redid. So its left to those two.

716391[/snapback]

Just that one.

For me?

Please?

I'll give you Lana in exchange...