Lost

EZC-Boston

I'm waiting for the season 2 DVDs to come out before I rewatch this season.

716350[/snapback]

I turned it on for a while, but it seemed like 5 mimutes of show followed by 10 minutes of commercials. Got Lost very quickly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still watch periodically. Though, honestly the way ABC micromanages the programming it discourages my following as I did during season one. You know how it goes, this week it is on but the next two it is off only to return with a rerun, whatever, suits... The audience members are the ones who end up lost. In fact the money grubber's control antics are probably what helped cancel Invasion, an interesting show which used to be on right before Lost. People don't like to be picked with. Show us a good program and we will watch. String us along and we end up renting a video, surfing the net or watching ESPN.

Apparently they'll have 7 new episodes of Lost followed by a 13-week (yes, 13-week!) haitus, and then return with something like 12 continuous episodes until the season ends.  No reruns, but then again, no show for 3 months.

726143[/snapback]

Why is ABC intent on destroying this show?

“Losties” want any and all scoop about their favorite show, and are always conscious of the show’s flow being interrupted by reruns and other breaks. “Lost” is going to run this year in two uninterrupted blocks — six weeks in October, then a 13 week break, then “Lost” will return in the spring of 2007 to finish out the season uninterrupted. (New Taye Diggs’ show “Day Break” will fill in the gaps.)

That sounded weird to a lot of folks, but McPherson later defended it, saying his other choice was to run the entire season of “Lost” in one giant 22-week block, with new shows every week. That may sound great, but it would mean that the show wouldn’t start airing until March — so there’d have been no new “Lost” episodes from the finale last May until January 2007. ABC wasn’t willing to let their billion-dollar baby sit on the shelf that long.

And because the show takes so long to shoot, McPherson said he couldn’t run all the episodes starting in fall and ending earlier (as if they’d miss May sweeps, anyway). The January return of “Lost” means it will go right up against the juggernaut that is “American Idol,” but McPherson’s not worried, saying “when there are two good shows in a time period, they can both do business.”

msnbc