It's that time of year

I happened upon a Pro football magazine while grocery shopping(one of those macho activities). They are getting published earlier every year it seems.

You may be aware of these facts but I was not.

The Bills got off to good starts to a game.

The first eight games they won every coin toss and set a team record by scoring on 11 opening drives.

Kelly Holcomb had the highest NFL passer rating in the red zone(117.4).

The Bills have had the best overall special teams unit the last two years.

Lee Evans was only the second WR to have 3 TD receptions before a game is 13 minutes old(week 13).

The Dolphins last made the AFC Conference Championship game in 92. All other AFC teams have been there since except for Bengals, Browns, and Texans.

Chris Chambers had the most fumbles amongst league WR's(5).

The Patriots had 45 different starters in 2005, 40 different starters in 2004 and 42 different starters in 2003. The three highest totals of starters used by a division winner.

I found nothing interesting about the Jets.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Lee Evans was only the second WR to have 3 TD receptions before a game is 13 minutes old(week 13).

715529[/snapback]

Oddly enough, he was only the FIRST wide receiver to see his team blow a 21-0 lead to a clearly lesser opponent because his coaches were morons.

I love quirky stats like that.

BTW, what is "The Bills got off to get starts to a game"

715647[/snapback]

Now edited - "The Bills got off to good starts in their games" is what was intended.

I like "Quirky stats" too. I'll throw out a few like:

1) The Packers making the playoffs the most (10) in the salary cap era(Since 1993).

2) Since 1996 the Packers have appeared the most on Monday Night Football, 24 times with 2 more scheduled this season + a Thursday game.

Miami is #2 with 20 plus 2 this year and a Thursday game.

3) The Packers have the longest consecutive season streak on MNF in the NFC with 14. Denver leads the AFC with 15 consecutive seasons on MNF.

And to be fair, they are 3-6 against the Bills all time. At least until November 5th.

The Bills got off to good starts to a game. 

The first eight games they won every coin toss and set a team record by scoring on 11 opening drives. 

715529[/snapback]

And the fact that we only won 6 games, after leading in nearly every game, is the number 1 reason Mularkey is out of here....

And the fact that we only won 6 games, after leading in nearly every game, is the number 1 reason Mularkey is out of here....

715911[/snapback]

Mularkey was the master of the opening drive. I'll be curious to see how that translates in Miami.

Mularkey was the master of the opening drive. I'll be curious to see how that translates in Miami.

715926[/snapback]

This is one of the (many) things that killed me last year. We would move the ball right down the friggin' field on the opening drive. Then the defense would make adjustments -- game over.

That tells me Mularkey knows how to prepare, but is a nincompoop when it comes to adjusting on the fly. Or ridiculously stubborn (arrogant).

I agree with you -- it will be interesting to see how Mularkey interacts with Saban if (when) the Dolphins' offense sputters.

Now edited - "The Bills got off to good starts in their games" is what was intended.

I like "Quirky stats" too.  I'll throw out a few like:

1)  The Packers making the playoffs the most (10) in the salary cap era(Since 1993).

2)  Since 1996 the Packers have appeared the most on Monday Night Football, 24 times with 2 more scheduled this season + a Thursday game.   

Miami is #2 with 20 plus 2 this year and a Thursday game.

3)  The Packers have the longest consecutive season streak on MNF in the NFC with 14.  Denver leads the AFC with 15 consecutive seasons on MNF.

And to be fair, they are 3-6 against the Bills all time.  At least until November 5th.

715819[/snapback]

Thanks Cliff Clavin. :pirate:

It was indeed 5 games. If we won 6, we would've drafted a handful of spots lower and lost our chance to draft Donte Whitner.  :huh:

716031[/snapback]

Actually.....even with many posts debating this topic. Many think the Bills COULD have drafted a few slots later and still had the chance to draft Whitner. :pirate: