Israel ready to Re-Enter Gaza Strip

Nope, I referred to "prior to the advent of zionism". Zionism, as a movement, got going in the late 19th and early 20th centuries and predates the second world war. The holocaust was not actually the first time Jews were persecuted in Europe.

722972[/snapback]

No kidding. Please tell me why all your apologetics for islam have to invoke what happened over three centuries ago? Some cultures don't seem to have progressed much, eh?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. Please tell me why all your apologetics for islam have to invoke what happened over three centuries ago? Some cultures don't seem to have progressed much, eh?

722975[/snapback]

? What happened three centuries ago?

? What happened three centuries ago?

722981[/snapback]

The number of centuries is arbitrary - the point is that it's CENTURIES, never fairly recent history. Whenever you consult your "islam-good/Christian-bad" bizarro history book, you have to dig way, way back to find your pithy examples.

Look, chicot, we can carry on this debate forever - but you have obviously made up your mind about these things and no one is going to change it. I sincerely hope that you, your children or your grandchildren never have to live under sharia law. Good luck with everything.

Signing off...

The number of centuries is arbitrary - the point is that it's CENTURIES, never fairly recent history. Whenever you consult your "islam-good/Christian-bad" bizarro history book, you have to dig way, way back to find your pithy examples.

Look, chicot, we can carry on this debate forever - but you have obviously made up your mind about these things and no one is going to change it. I sincerely hope that you, your children or your grandchildren never have to live under sharia law. Good luck with everything.

Signing off...

723029[/snapback]

Likewise. We'll agree to differ.

Isreal just !@#$ed up Hezbollah HQ...good stuff...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html

723073[/snapback]

What a mess. Good thing the moderate Arab countries are pretty much saying to Hizb'Allah "You started this. You're getting exactly what you deserve. Next time, think things through." Otherwise this would be turning into a real Charlie Foxtrot.

What a mess.  Good thing the moderate Arab countries are pretty much saying to Hizb'Allah "You started this.  You're getting exactly what you deserve.  Next time, think things through."  Otherwise this would be turning into a real Charlie Foxtrot.

723095[/snapback]

Hizb'Allah?

I always thought it was his bollah. Guess they don't play as much basketball as I thought.

Isreal just !@#$ed up Hezbollah HQ...good stuff...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/14/mideast/index.html

723073[/snapback]

If we know anything about these kinds of characters we know that an HQ doesn't really mean a lot for them. I am not really jumping up and down and cheering about any of this mess. It's just another sad chapter in a terrible history where the warring parties are taking down a lot of innocents with them. I certainly wouldn't refer to it as "good stuff."

Hizb'Allah?

I always thought it was his bollah.  Guess they don't play as much basketball as I thought.

723100[/snapback]

The common English transliteration is "Hezbollah". But the most accurate would be "Hizb Allah" (literally, "Party of God"). I've always preferred it as "Hizb'allah", though, to distinguish it as a one-word proper name.

If we know anything about these kinds of characters we know that an HQ doesn't really mean a lot for them. 

723102[/snapback]

Or if it does, it's in Iran anyway.

And don't forget: Hizb'Allah has morphed over the past few years from a strictly terrorist organization into a political party (a terrorist political party, though...kind of like Sinn Fein and the IRA). Political parties do on occasion find fixed headquarters useful...

The common English transliteration is "Hezbollah".  But the most accurate would be "Hizb Allah" (literally, "Party of God").  I've always preferred it as "Hizb'allah", though, to distinguish it as a one-word proper name.

723105[/snapback]

Gotcha, thanks.

Who gives a s*** how it's spelled. It's a bunch of stooges for the Iranians to use.

I don't know how true it is, but there are reports of a drone attacking an Israeli ship. If true, his ball-la la could only get them from one place- Iran.

Who gives a s*** how it's spelled. It's a bunch of stooges for the Iranians to use.

I don't know how true it is, but there are reports of a drone attacking an Israeli ship.  If true, his ball-la la could only get them from one place- Iran.

723185[/snapback]

Actually I never knew what hizb'allah meant, now I do. I appreciate informative knowledge, no disrespect to you or anyone else.

Looks like hell is about to be unleashed.

I don't know how true it is, but there are reports of a drone attacking an Israeli ship.  If true, his ball-la la could only get them from one place- Iran.

723185[/snapback]

Thank you Sherlock. Actually it's quite possible they could have got them from Syria or even developed them themselves.

723185[/snapback]

Lets see, how about most of the world, besides you?

this could blow up in to a major war real quick.  :flirt:

723182[/snapback]

But, but invading Iraq was supposed to transform the Middle East into peaceful democracies. ;) Why waste time continuing to focus on the Israeli-Palestinian issue when invading Iraq would take care of everything.

723185[/snapback]

bull sh-- like this is why I treat you with complete and utter contempt.

this could blow up in to a major war real quick.  :)

723182[/snapback]

Why the sad face? It's about time some of these ME countries turn into dust.

Here's hoping to an Israeli invasion, dragging Iran and Syria into it.

Buy a map right now, because in three years, Iran, Lebanon, and Syria won't be on it.

Why the sad face? It's about time some of these ME countries turn into dust.

Here's hoping to an Israeli invasion, dragging Iran and Syria into it.

Buy a map right now, because in three years, Iran, Lebanon, and Syria won't be on it.

723370[/snapback]

You never get sick of making these a--hole comments, do you? Good luck driving your manmobile sans gasoline, champ.