Israel ready to Re-Enter Gaza Strip

Yet you rarely miss a chance to rationalize that the root of Arab suffering is tied to Western colonialism.  By passively promoting a myth, you're not helping to find the solution that you verbally seek.

719619[/snapback]

Presumably you're referring to Iraq. I'll reply to that in the other thread when I have more time.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably you're referring to Iraq. I'll reply to that in the other thread when I have more time.

719622[/snapback]

Not totally Iraq. Isn't the whole argument against Israel's creation, the last vestige of British colonialization and western guilt over the Holocaust?

I suspected as much  ;) 

At least I'm honest about it. :D

Assuming that all Palestinians want all Americans and Jews to be killed is probably something of an exaggeration (didn't you have a debate with Wacka a few weeks ago in which you argued the point that Palestinians don't have a problem with all Jews just with Israelis?).

Some do. Many do, I think. Not each and every single one, like Wacko says. I figured maybe 50% of maybe eight million, as an admitted guess.

After some googling, looks more like 50% of 5 million.

In any event, the reality is that it's not the Palestinians that have invaded Israel using tanks, helicopters, F-16s etc... It is not the Palestinians that are cutting off the electricity to 750,000 Israelis nor causing 20,000 Israelis to leave their homes.

No, they use suicide bombers. Make sure every time anyone in Israel takes the bus or goes out for lunch, they run a measurable risk of dying a violent death. But that's not collective punishment because...?

I very much doubt that the Israeli actions are going to make the Palestinians love them more, reduce support for Hamas or make Israelis safer. If anything, it will have the opposite effect.

719591[/snapback]

Because it's entirely unreasonable to invade an autonomous territory from which a democratically elected representative government engages in acts of war against you. Just in case you conveniently forgot: Hamas, the party elected by the Palestinian people, shelled Israel and kidnapped Israeli citizens. The democratically elected Palestinian Authority as a representative of the Palestinian people committed acts of war against a soverign nation. And why? Because the democratically elected Palestinian Authority, as a representative of the Palestinian people, has a stated policy of destroying Israel.

At the risk of breaking the First Rule of Internet Debate ("He who brings up the Nazis first, loses."), Nazi Germany was crushed in part because they did just that to Poland. There are repercussions to committing acts of war on a neighbor. Doesn't say a whole hell of a lot for the viability of an independent Palestinian state that they can't recognize that simple fact...

I'm not quite sure how to reply to this because I'm not quite sure who you are referring to in particular, who is killing Americans. In the case of 9/11 for instance, weren't the hijackers all resident in the US for some months before the attack? Who could have informed on them in that case? Were their families back home aware of what they were going to do? I doubt that.

719621[/snapback]

You'd make a great politician...

Israel should just go and and wipe them out. Who's gonna do a thing? If Iran does anything, they will be destroyed too.

Everyone needs to stop being such whiny little girls about this. TAKE THEM OUT.

Scraps in 5, 4, 3...

Palestinians cry, "WAAAAAAHHH!!!!!"

Uhmmm.... I can only say that maybe they shouldn't have f--ked with the bull. There is ZERO forethought going on with these people.

1) Elect a govt whose past stated goal is the extermination of the Jewish state.

2) Kidnap an Israeli soldier and refuse to return him or do an exchange.

3) Act surprised and 'pschologically hurt' when you get bombed.

"Finally figuring out"? I come from a military family, JSP. The blue star is in the window right now. My qualms have always been that we need to do things 'right'.... But as time goes on, it becomes more apparent that the only thing the Islamofascists understand is force and the realization that it's in their best interest to stop !@#$ with us.

(And with that said, I think it's also become more apparent that we've done just about all we can in Iraq. Our presence there is causing more problems than solutions --- in terms of the fighting itself, our ability to exert force elsewhere in the next 5-10 years *ahem* Iran, NK *ahem*, and the toll it's taken on the Guard and military families.)

717206[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, do you listen to Michael Savage's Savage Nation?

In any event, the reality is that it's not the Palestinians that have invaded Israel using tanks, helicopters, F-16s etc... It is not the Palestinians that are cutting off the electricity to 750,000 Israelis nor causing 20,000 Israelis to leave their homes.

I very much doubt that the Israeli actions are going to make the Palestinians love them more, reduce support for Hamas or make Israelis safer. If anything, it will have the opposite effect.

719591[/snapback]

The reality is the Palestinians are the ones who raise their children to aspire to murder people by the dozen by bombing buses. The reality is the Palestinians are the ones who elected Hamas and can't figure out why peace is not at hand. The reality is the Palestinians are the ones with an impotent bloodlust that guides all their (idiotic) decisions.

Are they capable of "loving" anyone? I suppose they love their kids, but they "love" them more if they become martyrs.

All the spin in the world can't make me feel sorry for these people.

The reality is the Palestinians are the ones who raise their children to aspire to murder people by the dozen by bombing buses.  The reality is the Palestinians are the ones who elected Hamas and can't figure out why peace is not at hand.  The reality is the Palestinians are the ones with an impotent bloodlust that guides all their (idiotic) decisions.

Are they capable of "loving" anyone?  I suppose they love their kids, but they "love" them more if they become martyrs.

All the spin in the world can't make me feel sorry for these people.

720458[/snapback]

Well said.

Two more soldiers kidnapped by Hezbollah, Israeli incursion into Lebanon to try to rescue them, calling said kidnapping an "act of war."

Arab countries and organizations funneling money to the Hamas-controlled govt.

Things can get really out of hand really quickly in that region, as everyone knows. Good leadership by Olmert to say enough is enough and not back down. B/c this means more than some bombs launched from Gaza; At stake is, Can the Israeli state survive surrounded by people who want them dead?

Two more soldiers kidnapped by Hezbollah, Israeli incursion into Lebanon to try to rescue them, calling said kidnapping an "act of war."

Arab countries and organizations funneling money to the Hamas-controlled govt.

Things can get really out of hand really quickly in that region, as everyone knows. Good leadership by Olmert to say enough is enough and not back down. B/c this means more than some bombs launched from Gaza; At stake is, Can the Israeli state survive surrounded by people who want them dead?

721930[/snapback]

Not only survive, I think they can thrive. Despite being outnumbered, they're infinitely better-trained and equipped than their neighbors.

Islam: It's the ideology, stupid! And the reality is that, over the long haul of history, it has hurt its practitioners more than anyone else - and that's saying a lot, given its multitude of victims from Armenia to Somalia.

And Chicot, ever the atheist islamic apologist - it appears that the "hate-the-jews" indoctrination stuck in spite of your rejection of islam. (BTW, you are aware that the sentence for leaving islam is death, aren't you? I wouldn't go telling that to too many jihadi wannabees, even in Britain. Some nut is always looking to get a few brownie points with allah, most merciful, by beheading a muslim apostate.)

If islam - as a religion/ideology - no longer existed (or never existed in the first place), would this be a more peaceful world?

Islam: It's the ideology, stupid! And the reality is that, over the long haul of history, it has hurt its practitioners more than anyone else - and that's saying a lot, given its multitude of victims from Armenia to Somalia. 

And Chicot, ever the atheist islamic apologist - it appears that the "hate-the-jews" indoctrination stuck in spite of your rejection of islam. (BTW, you are aware that the sentence for leaving islam is death, aren't you? I wouldn't go telling that to too many jihadi wannabees, even in Britain. Some nut is always looking to get a few brownie points with allah, most merciful, by beheading a muslim apostate.)

If islam - as a religion/ideology - no longer existed (or never existed in the first place), would this be a more peaceful world?

722536[/snapback]

Bah. If all religions no longer existed the world would probably be a better place.

Thank you for your concern but I think I'm somewhat better placed to make an assessment about the supposed "dangers" I face from the muslim community in Britain. I never actually "left" Islam since I was never in it in the first place.

Bah. If all religions no longer existed the world would probably be a better place.

722545[/snapback]

Now that, I can agree with. I would say that most wars, bloodshed, and misery occured over the course of human history due to religion...

722545[/snapback]

Probably true enough. Yet, if you could pick just one for starters, which elimination would have the greatest and most immediate impact? It isn't a tough choice.

722536[/snapback]

Here's an estimate of people killed by christians since biblical times.

I will look and post a link to the muslims totals since the koran.

How much fact in all this? no idea.

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

722536[/snapback]

As for the "hate-the-jews" indocrination, did you read the Haaretz article? There's little there I'd disagree with. No doubt if the author posted those sort of views on this board, you'd accuse him of hating jews as well. I have my doubts that someone named Gideon Levy would have been indocrinated to hate jews, but there you are.

That's the problem with using the anti-semitism slur against each and every critic of Israel. The inconvenient truth is that there are plenty of jews and Israelis that would make the very same criticisms of Israel. Are these also "jew-haters"? Or is that only jews are allowed to criticize Israel and anyone else who does the same is "anti-semitic"?