Who's Going To See Superman Returns Tonight???

dpbillsfan

Saw it earlier tonight and had a good time, great popcorn movie... the new guy playing Superman & Spacey were both very good, but I have to give thumbs down to the actress playing Lois Lane.... I wasn't buying her at all, she was not Lois Lane to me.

717597[/snapback]

:o:o:o:o Thumbs down to Kate Bosworth???? SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from seeing it at Manns' Chinese Theatre. A little long I thought, enjoyed the nods to the Chris Reeve movies, especially the dedication during the end credits. Didnt seem like much chemistry between the two principal characters, and although I appreciate the effort, Brandon Routh came off as fairly bland, although that might just be a reflection of Superman overall. Anyway, thats just my opinion.

I think the strangest (and maybe most minute) detail is that Lois Lane's/Kate Bosworth's eyes are 2 different colors. I thought that maybe it was a Lois Lane trait (I'm not a huge Superman buff), but I was able to confirm that they are the actress' actual eye colors (one brown, one blue).

Sorry... her acting was OK, she just doesn't look like Lois Lane to me.

717604[/snapback]

wow, that really sucks....I love kate bosworth :o

wow, that really sucks....I love kate bosworth  :o

717609[/snapback]

She's 23 now, 22 when they filmed it, and she looks it...IMO just too young to be playing Lois Lane in what's supposed to be the sequel to Superman 1+2 .

She's 23 now, 22 when they filmed it, and she looks it...IMO just too young to be playing Lois Lane in what's supposed to be the sequel to Superman 1+2 .

717613[/snapback]

I hear ya....and I think in my mind Margot Kidder will always be Lois Lane.....I was just hoping that Kate would really pull it off, but you're like the third or fourth person I've heard say she wasn't that great.

How was Parker Posey? I always get a kick out of her, and I actually find her quite attractive in some odd way :o

I hear ya....and I think in my mind Margot Kidder will always be Lois Lane.....I was just hoping that Kate would really pull it off, but you're like the third or fourth person I've heard say she wasn't that great.

How was Parker Posey? I always get a kick out of her, and I actually find her quite attractive in some odd way :o

717617[/snapback]

She was OK for what the role was...I would've flipped the parts, she would've made a better Lois Lane, maybe just a little too old though.

She was OK for what the role was...I would've flipped the parts, she would've made a better Lois Lane, maybe just a little too old though.

717619[/snapback]

Hmmm.....well I'm going to check it out at the IMAX on Thursday.....I'm really hoping that I enjoy it at least as much a the first two Spidermans and Batman Begins. I think those films were relatively well done, and they keep me looking forward to seeing the next installment(s).....that's pretty much what I want to get out of Superman Returns.

Hmmm.....well I'm going to check it out at the IMAX on Thursday.....I'm really hoping that I enjoy it at least as much a the first two Spidermans and Batman Begins. I think those films were relatively well done, and they keep me looking forward to seeing the next installment(s).....that's pretty much what I want to get out of Superman Returns.

717620[/snapback]

I don't think it was as good as those 3 or as good as Superman 1+2,

but it was much better than either of the X-Men movies that Singer did.

Then again, I can't relate to the X-Men anymore... when I liked em, there were only 5 X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel, and Jean Grey. Who TF is Wolverine, he blows! :o

717617[/snapback]

the Lois Lane from the 50's tv show had a cameo as the old woman who Lex Luthor swindles her out of her money. Jimmy Olsen was the bartender at the spot where Clark and the new Jimmy are having a beer.

717620[/snapback]

I went to the Imax show yesterday. I don't think SR is cut out for 3D. The action scenes were a litle blurry becasue of the 3D effects, and it became an annoyance more than anything.

I went to the Imax show yesterday.  I don't think SR is cut out for 3D.  The action scenes were a litle blurry becasue of the 3D effects, and it became an annoyance more than anything.

717694[/snapback]

The plane scene is the only one I can think of that would be great for an Imax.