Who's Going To See Superman Returns Tonight???

dpbillsfan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

715627[/snapback]

can you elaborate?

that douchebag Ebert hated it...he gave Garfield and Fast and the Furious 3 a better rating

somehow, he didn't like the usual suspects or the lord of the rings either though

Yes, I plan to stand in long lines, struggle to get a decent seat, and otherwise waste about 100% more time than usual to see a movie on the day of its' release....because everyone knows it's not as good if you see it on, oh, ANY OTHER DAY. ;)

can you elaborate?

that douchebag Ebert hated it...he gave Garfield and Fast and the Furious 3 a better rating

somehow, he didn't like the usual suspects or the lord of the rings either though

715650[/snapback]

Screw all these damn critics....they've completely lost touch with what it means to go to the movies. I don't CARE if a movie isn't oscar worthy or whatever....I want to be ENTERTAINED.....beyond that, I could give a flying poop. If a flick can keep me entertained and get some sort of emotional response out of me for two hours, then it succeeded in my eyes. And yes, I know there are bad films out there....I still haven't forgiven Will Smith for making "Wild, Wild West", or DeNiro and Kinnear for agreeing to star in whatever that crap fest was a year or two ago. But there is also a little thing called "having fun" that many of us know how to do at the movies; "having fun" and "good movie" are not mutually exclusive!

tomorrow...7:25pm showing for me

there's no IMAX 3D tonight so I decided to wait until tomorrow

715112[/snapback]

They're showing it in IMAX 3-D?????? HOly sh*t.....

I'm so glad that they kept some of the original score.....that music is beautiful and it reminds me of how I felt about the character as a kid

They're showing it in IMAX 3-D??????  HOly sh*t.....

I'm so glad that they kept some of the original score.....that music is beautiful and it reminds me of how I felt about the character as a kid

715662[/snapback]

I can't believe it but they are actually showing Superman at the Imax theatre here in Portland. They hardly ever show new releases there. They seem to only show some beaver movie or something there. ;)

I can't believe it but they are actually showing Superman at the Imax theatre here in Portland.  They hardly ever show new releases there.  They seem to only show some beaver movie or something there.  :doh:

715705[/snapback]

Hmmm....well, a little IMAX beaver once in a while ain't gonna hurt nobody ;)

Hmmm....well, a little IMAX beaver once in a while ain't gonna hurt nobody  :doh:

715721[/snapback]

Not if the little buggers are 5 stories tall staring you down with those round boogity eyes! ;)

Our theatre is only 2D not 3D like some places. :lol:

can you elaborate?

715650[/snapback]

Ebert is a douche.

It's a very good movie. It needed more action, but when there was action (the airplane scene and later in the movie in Metropolis) it was incredible. A lot of the movie is this love triangle-square between Lois and Clark and Richard (Lois's fiancee) and Superman. Lex Luther and Kitty Kowalski were great.

I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD. But, YEAH, I"M EXCITED!! :doh:

715748[/snapback]

You afraid of Al Queda hitting the 10pm showing? ;)

(that will only be even a little humorous to the three people who read the World Cup thread)

You afraid of Al Queda hitting the 10pm showing?  ;)

(that will only be even a little humorous to the three people who read the World Cup thread)

715757[/snapback]

You guy's knew I was just !@#$ing with Ya? :doh:

:lol: But you never knooooooooooooooow

Or CTM?  ;)

715736[/snapback]

Dear Readers, I wish to publically explain that at no time did I intend to make Lana laugh. Please do not misconstrue the fact that I did, in fact, make her laugh as me attempting to flirt with, or in any way catch the special attention of, one of the few women who post on this board. I was going for the general laugh and not the specific laugh. I hope you will accept this apology and resume with tripping over yourselves again.

Thank you.