New Sabres logo leaked?

mtdoak

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I am not crazy about the new uniforms...however, with all of the discussion here on the valadity of these uniforms. Two points:

-These ARE the new uniforms

-The Sabres 3rd jersey WILL be the "Old School" jersey (used in 10 games this year)

This was relayed to me by someone in the organization who actually was used to try on the prototypes.

Dear God NO. Where is the FU smiley when we need it???? Good thing I still have my old REAL blue and gold LaFontaine jersey.

Just keep the black and red ones for christ sakes, don't go back to this!!!

The Buffalo News is now showing these logos as the new logos that will be used by the SAbres.

I am DEVASTATED! :P

I held off buying a new Jersey until this year because I thought the Blue and Gold would be back.

This new logo is a monstrosity.

I COULD NOT be more disappointed.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060630/1025590.asp  :lol:

716649[/snapback]

Check out the front page of today's Buffalo News if you think it's a "rumor"...

Read it and weep....

716745[/snapback]

No mistake that is a horrid logo. But just because it's in the news dont take that as fact. In fact the News is guessing like anyone else and wouldn't be the first time they were flat out wrong.

Are you guys overlooking this quote from Quinn?

"I can tell you that's not our uniform," Quinn said.

No mistake that is a horrid  logo. But just because it's in the news dont take that as fact. In fact the News is guessing like anyone else and wouldn't be the first time they were flat out wrong.

716846[/snapback]

However he said "I didn't see any of the logo pages, so I can't comment on that."

No mistake that is a horrid  logo. But just because it's in the news dont take that as fact. In fact the News is guessing like anyone else and wouldn't be the first time they were flat out wrong.

716846[/snapback]

He's probably reacting to the Photoshop job that someone did in taking a Celcius Designs sweater and rejiggering it with the banana slug...

Now, if thats our new logo I will not be happy and certainly NEVER buy the jersey.  But here's an interesting take on the logo.  See second post...

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cg...51466387&page=2

Comments?

716857[/snapback]

if the buffalo thingy was white instead of piss/puke orangellow, then it would only be slightly hideous, nto completely hideous

I have to admit I am not crazy about the new uniforms...however, with all of the discussion here on the valadity of these uniforms.  Two points:

-These ARE the new uniforms

-The Sabres 3rd jersey WILL be the "Old School" jersey (used in 10 games this year)

This was relayed to me by someone in the organization who actually was used to try on the prototypes.

716606[/snapback]

So what the heck does the rest of the uniform look like? Are we getting horizontal lines or is it going to be a mess with a bunch of curvy, diagonal lines going every which way?

It's actually not a bad logo on its own, but it's a bad Buffalo Sabres logo.

I mean, was there anyone besides the guy who designed this thing who didn't know that Sabres fans wanted a CREST like we used to have -- a buffalo and two crossed swords?

After such a great year, the Sabres had the chance to cap it off with going back to the classic uniforms and making the fan base happier than we have been in years.

Instead, they chose a logo that is similar to the most recent one. I just do not understand why they did not go back to the old crest with the Buffalo and the crossed swords. That was as good as it gets in the NHL.

I wonder if the Sabres had the same people who designed the Bills most recent unis design this.

Oh well, I guess we will have to wait until September. With any luck, the Sabres will take notice of the reaction and make the necessary adjustments. I can only hope.