The Great 2006 WR "Pick-Em" Contest

Rubes

Since we're right smack in the middle of The Dead Zone (between the last OTA and Training Camp) we need something to spice things up a bit, as long as it's okay with Scott and the mods (which apparently it is).

Since the WR spot promises to be a great battle this year, I offer you this contest:

Pick all of the WRs that end up on the roster on opening day. All of them. No more, no less.

Here are the rules:

1. You must give your predictions in this thread. No PMs!

2. You must name ALL WRs on the Bills roster on opening day 2006.

3. Players on the practice squad or injured reserve DO NOT count.

4. Inactive players on opening day DO count.

5. Close does not count. You must name ALL the WRs on the opening day roster. If you name 5 guys who are all on the roster but the Bills end up keeping a 6th receiver as well, you lose. If you name 6 guys and the Bills only keep 5 of them, you lose.

6. Contest is open starting today through 7AM Eastern time on July 28th (the day players report to Training Camp).

7. Any entries posted after 7AM Eastern time on July 28th will not be entered.

8. Injuries, trades, cuts, and the like that occur after the start of training camp all figure into the final roster, so too bad if it happens. If the guy is not on the opening day roster, he's not on the opening day roster.

9. You may re-post your list and change it up to the deadline. Only your last entry will be used.

10. The contest is open to all TSW posters whose account was created prior to today (as indicated in the "Joined" field).

11. One entry per poster, please. I'd like to use the honor system, but I'll be looking for some help to see if the same person is entering multiple times under different accounts. If that's the case, I'll only accept the last entry.

12. In case of ties, I reserve the right to pick one winner randomly among the winning entries, and you'll just have to believe that I will do it randomly.

13. The winner will be announced on opening day and the award will be arranged at that time.

14. I reserve the right to alter these rules at any time to resolve any conflicts that might arise. The rules that exist as of opening day 2006 will be used to determine the winner.

15. This is supposed to be fun, so play fair and don't get grumpy with me.

16. If this gets out of hand for any reason, SDS and/or the mods have the right to terminate this contest prior to announcing a winner.

So what's the award?

You may pick any item or combination of items from the Buffalo Bills Official Online Pro Shop that totals no more than US$25 (pre-tax). The winner will tell me which item(s) he or she wants, and I will order them from the online store and have the items shipped to the winner's home address. I will pay for tax and shipping. If the winner does not spend all of the $25, he or she does NOT receive the difference.

If you have any suggestions to improve or better clarify the rules, let me know in this thread and I will consider it.

Let the games begin!

1. Evans

2. Parish

3. Reed

4. Price

5. Nance

6. Aiken

Also, July 28th is a long time away, you should make the dealine earlier, like the 12th or something two weeks away. Who knows when the Bills will decide to start using the ol' choppin block. If they do it early, this contest is screwed.

Also,  July 28th is a long time away, you should make the dealine earlier, like the 12th or something two weeks away. Who knows when the Bills will decide to start using the ol' choppin block. If they do it early, this contest is screwed.

714716[/snapback]

Good point, although I really doubt we'll see cuts before training camp even starts. If it looks like the contest isn't getting much action come early or mid July, I can always stop it early.

Good point, although I really doubt we'll see cuts before training camp even starts. If it looks like the contest isn't getting much action come early or mid July, I can always stop it early.

714725[/snapback]

Maybe just add the disclaimer, it will end "when the first cuts happen" so as soon as sombody is cut, this contest is frozen, and no one can remove that person from the list.

Evans

Price

Reed

Parrish

Aiken

Wilson

Updated 8/7/06

--Originally: Davis cut, Wilson makes the team--

Updated 8/27/06

--back to my original: Davis cut, Wilson makes the team!--

original: Bonus points: Nance to PS

Speaking of whom, why hasn't Haddad been invited to training camp?!

Edited by Matt in DC

Maybe just add the disclaimer, it will end "when the first cuts happen" so as soon as sombody is cut, this contest is frozen, and no one can remove that person from the list.

714740[/snapback]

I'll have to think about that one...

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Reed

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken-too damn good on Special Teams to Cut.

Bonus Points- Got to agree with Matt in DC, Nance assigned to Practice Squad eventhough this team could use a bigger wideout in the Redzone.