ESPN ranks Willis McGahee, 21st among active Rbs

After reading flea's post I am really psyched now because if one realizes that WM did all this being lackadaisical, can you imagine what he will accomplish if he merely ramps it up to a 3/4 effort.

That's essentially what I was getting at, i.e. if he did fairly well last year despite being overweight, undermotivated, and with a crappy offense, imagine what he'll be like this year when he's lighter, more motivated, and has a better offense around him. That's why I said in my first post that he'll be a top-10 RB (again) this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am basing it on watching the damn games!  He has no breakaway speed that he had in college, and he doesn't want to be a 'hard runner'.  You figure it out. 

On top of this, he doesn't want to be here people!  If he had even a decent year last year, he would be holding out right now.  He'll be gone the instant his contract is up, if not sooner.

714831[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same way. He is absolutely no threat when out there. He fills a roster spot thats about it. Its been a while since I've been this underwhelmed by a first round pick.

You might want to consider how many teams employ multiple RBs and share carries, Willis got nearly all our carries last year.  10th means almost nothing.

714728[/snapback]

Considering that he was taken out on 3rd downs...that is approximately 1/3rd

of the snaps missing.

In other news, Sportscenter just rated the Bills WRs & TEs 30th out of 32.

They would've been 31st, but Sean Salisbury moved the Eagles down at the last minute... Thanks Sean. :lol:

714993[/snapback]

One way to rise in that ranking...is...to throw to a TE...now and then...if the moon and stars are right...I guess.

If you couldn't tell EVEN last year that McGahee is our best offensive player then you're retarded. Give the man some help and he will whip some booty.

715038[/snapback]

Again, nothing but "what ifs", "maybes" and "if only". Thing is when I watch the guy I don't see any talent. Call me retarded then. I just don't think the guy has it. Usually, even if a back doesnt have a line if front of him, you can tell the guy has raw talent. Sometimes, the back will make alot when there is not a hole there. I have seen none of this in Willis. No accelaration. No quickness. No elusiveness. I may be retarded but im not blind. Hey, I want this ahole to be a great back Im a Bills fan. At the same time im a realist.

Again, nothing but "what ifs", "maybes" and "if only". Thing is when I watch the guy I don't see any talent. Call me retarded then. I just don't think the guy has it. Usually, even if a back doesnt have a line if front of him, you can tell the guy has raw talent. Sometimes, the back will make alot when there is not a hole there. I have seen none of this in Willis. No accelaration. No quickness. No elusiveness.  I may be retarded but im not blind. Hey, I want this ahole to be a great back Im a Bills fan. At the same time im a realist.

715043[/snapback]

I admit he didn't look very good last year. But didn't you like him in 2004? I thought he did a great job as a rookie of carrying the O on his back once Meathead finally put him in. Here's to the end of the sophomore slump.

I admit he didn't look very good last year. But didn't you like him in 2004? I thought he did a great job as a rookie of carrying the O on his back once Meathead finally put him in. Here's to the end of the sophomore slump.

715063[/snapback]

He will do good if the o-line plays for a full 60 mins. Not 30 mins like we saw last year!

715063[/snapback]

I hope your right. Im just a jaded 35 year Bill fan, who, at this point that is out of patience. Desperately wants tham to succeed but is kinda worn down by them. :lol:

I don't know, he may have drafted an undersized WR instead...

714828[/snapback]

Of course. And that would also have taken the pressure off our running game... etc., etc., etc.

We'd be in the SuperBowl if it weren't for Marv. :lol:

Again, nothing but "what ifs", "maybes" and "if only". Thing is when I watch the guy I don't see any talent. Call me retarded then. I just don't think the guy has it. Usually, even if a back doesnt have a line if front of him, you can tell the guy has raw talent. Sometimes, the back will make alot when there is not a hole there. I have seen none of this in Willis. No accelaration. No quickness. No elusiveness.  I may be retarded but im not blind. Hey, I want this ahole to be a great back Im a Bills fan. At the same time im a realist.

715043[/snapback]

To be fair, willis tried ot create something at the beginning of the season, but meathead to him to "stop dancing". willis was basically instructed to run into the o-linemen if there were no holes.

Considering that he was taken out on 3rd downs...that is approximately 1/3rd

of the snaps missing.

714977[/snapback]

there's some poor math going on here. not being in on third down doesn't mean you miss 1/3 of the snaps. many times, a team gets a first down on either first and second down. in any case, mcgahee played on plenty of third downs last year. on anything that was third and 2.5 or less, he was in there.

there's some poor math going on here. not being in on third down doesn't mean you miss 1/3 of the snaps. many times, a team gets a first down on either first and second down. in any case, mcgahee played on plenty of third downs last year. on anything that was third and 2.5 or less, he was in there.

715106[/snapback]

well........ ;)

well........ ;)

715153[/snapback]

This board always blames everything on the line. The thing is, there are plenty of teams that didn't have top-tier offensive linemen. I really think our run-blocking was adequate. There are plenty of backs in the league that made something out of nothing, Willis never seems to do that. Look at his 20+ yard run stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/RB...NG/2005/regular

The logic some of you guys use makes no sense. You desperately cling to the '10th in rushing' last year. So if we gave him an average of 40 carries a game and he led the league in rushing he'd be the greatest of all time right?! Look at his ypc. Look at his 20+ runs. Watch the games!! How many RB in the league could have ran for a 3.8 ypc behind the Bills line? Plenty. He was plain bad last year, and I can't believe everyone here annoints him as being the saviour of the Bills. Let's hope the lost weight translates to some additional speed this year, and gives us the Willis of old.

LOL!!! If you click on the link it says file not found. LOL!!! I'm not sure if he was doing that on purpose to say Willis didn't have any 20+ yard runs or if they really moved it, but it's comedy either way. LOL!!!