I didn't know Marv Levy is a Vegetarian...

I don't believe Marv wrote that rodeo letter. He may have signed it, but the glaring grammatical mistakes tell me there is no way he actually wrote it.

714604[/snapback]

its on his letterhead, i think he wrote it. unless he has a secretary or something

In Marv's workout video on the Bills site, Chris Brown specifically says in his report that Marv does eat "red meat". It does not metion anything about Marv being a vegatarian.

See "Unbounded Enthusiasm" on page 3

714573[/snapback]

Like that Outback commercial with the guy with the (fake) oz accent....

I'm a vegetarian. But I eat beef.

And pork....

And chicken....

Yeah, semi-veg.

:lol:

I expect I will always eat meat, but I welcome a news repport out today that says the largest producer of soy protein in the world has developed a new process that enables producers of vegetarian products to make a soy product that will mimic the taste and texture of meat far better than anything to this point. It can also mixed with ground beef to make a healthier product. Soy protein products before now always tasted like soy protein products. It's expected to be on the market by the end of the year. My interest is strictly for health reasons. Less fat, more fiber, lowers LDL Cholesterol raises HDL cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. The older you get the more you have to think about those things. If Levy wasn't smart and taking care of himself, he wouldn't be fit to work as GM of the Bills at 80. That's for sure.

I expect I will always eat meat, but I welcome a news repport out today that says the largest producer of soy protein in the world has developed a new process that enables producers of vegetarian products to make a soy product that will mimic the taste and texture of meat far better than anything to this point.  It can also mixed with ground beef to make a healthier product.  Soy protein products before now always tasted like soy protein products.  It's expected to be on the market by the end of the year.  My interest is strictly for health reasons.  Less fat, more fiber, lowers LDL Cholesterol raises HDL cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.  The older you get the more you have to think about those things.  If Levy wasn't smart and taking care of himself, he wouldn't be fit to work as GM of the Bills at 80. That's for sure.

715136[/snapback]

I've eaten Boca brand soy burgers for the past few years for the reasons you mention. Not many - 1 or 2 per week. They're not bad, but I tried to eat two at once and couldn't finish. They are a tad cloying.

There's a chain resturant at a local mall here, named "Johnny Rockets". They will sell you a Boca burger for $4.75 (!).

There has been some recent press about over-consumption of soy...kidney problems due to the high protein intake, and exacerbation of existing thyroid problems. So like most things...moderation.