Practice Squad??

JPL7

is it 8 ppl on the squad? or am i completely off. haha! also what makes a player eligible to be on the PS? if i remember correctly u can only be in the league X amount of years or have X amount of experience, etc. thanks!!

is it 8 ppl on the squad? or am i completely off. haha! also what makes a player eligible to be on the PS? if i remember correctly u can only be in the league X amount of years or have X amount of experience, etc. thanks!!

713461[/snapback]

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subP...e+Squad+Changes

it's 8 players, doesnt say how long the player can be in the league for.

i think it's how many games a player has appeared in but i may be wrong.

8 players total.

there is an eligibility requirement but i'm not sure what it is, like less than 2 or 3 years accrued experience on a 53 man roster.

any other team can claim one of our PS players provided they place them on the 53 man roster

makes you wonder how Lavale Sape has survived this long ;)

makes you wonder how Lavale Sape has survived this long ;)

713479[/snapback]

lol. seriously though, if u watch Sape play, the poor guy plays his heart out every single play. he tries so hard, but he still is an overall bad football player.

me and a buddy of mine were watching a game last year (i think vs. pats) and sape was trying so hard, and he ended up hurting himself by trying to hard, i think he twisted his ankle or something.

with that said its obvious his motor is what has kept him on the team, not his talent.

I'm pretty sure practice squad eligibility is limited to your first two seasons in the league. Someone who is on an active roster in his first season can be signed to the practice sqaud in the subsequent season. (such as Dylan McFarland) But once you've acrued two full seasons, either on a practice squad or active roster, I'm pretty sure you can't be signed to a practice squad in your third season.

I believe that a player is ineligible for the PS squad if he was ACTIVATED for at least six games in a season. He can be on the roster for the entire season but if he isn't activated for the games, he can still be on the PS. He doesn't have to play in the games either, just be activated.

I am not sure on the number of seasons but I don't think there is a 1-2 year limit of years in the league. I think I recall seeing a player on a team's PS that had been in the league three years. But I am not positive about that at all.

Also, not only does a player have to clear waivers before he can be put on your PS, but any team in the league can snatch any player off your PS at any point. The only caveat is they have to immediately put them on their 53 man roster, and cannot just sign them to their own PS.

I believe that a player is ineligible for the PS squad if he was ACTIVATED for at least six games in a season.

713568[/snapback]

Being active for 6 games in a season accrues 1 year of NFL experience. Thats why any vet holdout ends before week 10 0:)

Being active for 6 games in a season accrues 1 year of NFL experience.  Thats why any vet holdout ends before week 10 0:)

713575[/snapback]

That's true, and why it makes sense for the PS squad to be six games. Has something to do with the way player pensions work, too.