Going to a wedding in California next week

taterhill

Rent a convertable and drive up the coast from San Clemente to Long Beach.  Stop at Laguna Beach along the way at the Montage Resort for a drink at the pool bar.  Then you'll know why we live here.  If you need a tour guide Bill, let me know.

713318[/snapback]

Why stop there? Take the PCH all the way up to San Fran! Best drive ever. Check out Pebble Beach.

Why stop at Long Beach. He should go up to Manhattan/Hermosa Beach and then Venice Beach and Santa Monica and then on to Malibu and Zuma Beach. It's awesome there.

713375[/snapback]

Because after LB he would have to go through Willmington. :blush:

:blush:

Great flick.

714128[/snapback]

I wondered if anyone would remember/comment. I was told they were actually four palm trees in Palos Verdes Estates that were tied into position to form the W. I spent the better part of a Saturday afternoon looking for it before coming upon an information center, and they treated the topic like it was some kind of PV lore.

That was one of the more prominent movies from my childhood.

That was the same area where "Lethal Weapon" was shot...the scene were Gary Busey snipes a guy from a helicopter, and shoots him through the carton of milk he's holding.

Hermosa Beach is awesome!

If (and only if) time permits, make the 3 plus hour trip south, and kick around in San Diego.

If it's your first time in Ca., a necessary evil would be a drive down Hollywood Blvd. It's something to be seen, but only once.

Venice Beach is also very recommended.

Did I mention San Diego?

<---- Needs to make plans to move about 11 hours south...

Hermosa Beach is awesome! 

If (and only if) time permits, make the 3 plus hour trip south, and kick around in San Diego. 

If it's your first time in Ca., a necessary evil would be a drive down Hollywood Blvd.  It's something to be seen, but only once.

Venice Beach is also very recommended.

Did I mention San Diego?

<---- Needs to make plans to move about 11 hours south...

715291[/snapback]

He's going to be in Riverside, so essentially he can be there in an hour if he just shoots down the 15, which is free-sailing at 80 mph easy. So in essence, I second that emotion because San Diego is truly one of the most beautiful cities I've ever had the pleasure of visiting and living in.

He's going to be in Riverside, so essentially he can be there in an hour if he just shoots down the 15, which is free-sailing at 80 mph easy. So in essence, I second that emotion because San Diego is truly one of the most beautiful cities I've ever had the pleasure of visiting and living in.

715328[/snapback]

But why would he want to leave Riverside?

If it's your first time in Ca., a necessary evil would be a drive down Hollywood Blvd.  It's something to be seen, but only once.

715291[/snapback]

Look me up if you do this, I live one block north of Hollywood Blvd and LaBrea. Runyon Canyon is located in my neighborhood, if you feel like taking about a half-hour hike, the view at the top is pretty spectacular. Depending on haze, you can see from Downtown L.A. all the way to the ocean, maybe even catch a celebrity or two walking their dog or jogging.

Pink's, which is a famous hot dog stand is about a mile down street from me also, corner of LaBrea and Melrose.