Going to a wedding in California next week

taterhill

I am traveling with the wife and my 10 month old...so Tiajuana Donkey shows will have to wait....the wedding is in the Chino/Ontario area..Thanks we are already going to the Angels Dodgers game on July 1

713228[/snapback]

Well you could go on the beach and stare at breasts for a few hours.

I am traveling with the wife and my 10 month old...so Tiajuana Donkey shows will have to wait....the wedding is in the Chino/Ontario area..Thanks we are already going to the Angels Dodgers game on July 1

713228[/snapback]

Judging by your avatar, i think your little guy can handle the donkey show. ;) Hey, he's gotta learn sometime, huh?

I am traveling with the wife and my 10 month old...so Tiajuana Donkey shows will have to wait....

713228[/snapback]

We went to Tijuana, Mexico, you know? And we thought it would be fun, you know, to go to a show. Everybody says you gotta check out one of these shows. And... it's a woman f***in' a horse. We get there and we think it's gonna be awesome and... it is not as cool as it sounds like it's gonna be. It's kinda gross.

I'd recommend going to The Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace in Yorba Linda, as it is allegedly one of the best presidential libraries, and it has a lot of historic video footage that many of us were too young to remember. The rose garden should be in full bloom, and it's just a beautiful place to visit.

When you're done, head east down Yorba Linda Boulevard about two miles to a very small, hidden Italian restaurant called The Wild Artichoke. It is one of the better restaurants around, though with a bottle of wine and appetizers it will end up costing you and wifey about $100...but worth every penny. (Though, it's not really a place for a 10-month-old, so...)

Or...head up Imperial Highway towards Brea and head to Taps Fishhouse and Brewery. There's outdoor seating, terrific beer, terrific food, and your 10-month-old will be fine.

If you really have the nuts to explore, ignore Taps and head to El Farolito's in Placentia for what is, without question, the very best (read that, authentic) Mexican food you will ever eat. Like all good mexican restaurants, it's something of a dive in a not-so-attractive part of the world, but it is safe there and you will have a chance to eat authentic Mexican food.

If time permits, take your child to The Long Beach Aquarium. There are so many terrific exhibits of aquatic life, and your child will go nuts looking at all them. It's a bit of a drive, but well worth it. If you go, make sure you get there as soon as it opens so you beat the crowds.

713228[/snapback]

Take him to Compton, show him what it's like to be a real mother !@#$ing G

Rent a convertable and drive up the coast from San Clemente to Long Beach. Stop at Laguna Beach along the way at the Montage Resort for a drink at the pool bar. Then you'll know why we live here. If you need a tour guide Bill, let me know.

Rent a convertable and drive up the coast from San Clemente to Long Beach.  Stop at Laguna Beach along the way at the Montage Resort for a drink at the pool bar.  Then you'll know why we live here.  If you need a tour guide Bill, let me know.

713318[/snapback]

is that similar to the drive from the South Ogden tolls to the Scajaquada? ;) I will let you know..all of my wifes family will be out there..keeping her and the baby very busy...leaving me lots of free time...

is that similar to the drive from the South Ogden tolls to the Scajaquada?  :blink: I will let you know..all of my wifes family will be out there..keeping her and the baby very busy...leaving me lots of free time...

713319[/snapback]

Well in that case.......................... ;)

The coolest thing that I've seen in California were the windmills on the trip from Ontario (airport) to Palm Springs. First, you just see a few of them, then there are hundreds up and down the horizon. Pretty damn cool for a simple midwesterner.

Rent a convertable and drive up the coast from San Clemente to Long Beach.  Stop at Laguna Beach along the way at the Montage Resort for a drink at the pool bar.  Then you'll know why we live here.  If you need a tour guide Bill, let me know.

713318[/snapback]

Why stop at Long Beach. He should go up to Manhattan/Hermosa Beach and then Venice Beach and Santa Monica and then on to Malibu and Zuma Beach. It's awesome there.

Why stop at Long Beach. He should go up to Manhattan/Hermosa Beach and then Venice Beach and Santa Monica and then on to Malibu and Zuma Beach. It's awesome there.

713375[/snapback]

When my brother lived in Redondo Beach, Avevue A, BTW. Manhattan/Hermosa Beach, Venice Beach and Santa Monica was a daily event when I visited. I loved skating on the strand.

The Beach Boys were right. ;)

713375[/snapback]

He could go up PV as well. I'm told that's where the Giant W was. I went looking for it, but was told are no longer...

"It's the Giant Dubbaya, I'm tellin' ya!"