So does Bruce Arena get fired???

ACor58

When your back is against the wall, and you have everything to gain your pathetic ass excuse for a team goes out and loses to a country with a GDP of $54.45 billion (slightly less than the state of Delaware and Ethiopia of all places.)

If anyone at U.S. Soccer has any balls, which I am sure that they don't because it IS soccer after all, they would fire him now and make him find his own way home.

I know that I am going to hear the following arguments:

1.) Ghana beat the Czechs

2.) It's their national sport

3.) Something else that doesn't really matter

Never, under any circumstance, should a team with all of the resources that we have, ever lose to 3rd world freaking country. I am embarrassed for the players and their families and they should all turn in their gear because none of them deserve to wear the Red, White, and Blue ever again!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because they are 3rd world doesn't mean they are not athletically capable or superior, heck look at distance running, dominated by Nigerians. We get dominated because it is freaking soccer and americans demand a little livlier sporting event, both to participate and watch

When your back is against the wall, and you have everything to gain your pathetic ass excuse for a team goes out and loses to a country with a GDP of $54.45 billion (slightly less than the state of Delaware and Ethiopia of all places.)

If anyone at U.S. Soccer has any balls, which I am sure that they don't because it IS soccer after all, they would fire him now and make him find his own way home.

Never, under any circumstance, should a team with all of the resources that we have, ever lose to 3rd world freaking country. I am embarrassed for the players and their families and they should all turn in their gear because none of them deserve to wear the Red, White, and Blue ever again!

712426[/snapback]

just because they are 3rd world doesn't mean they are not athletically capable or superior, heck look at distance running, dominated by Nigerians.  We get dominated because it is freaking soccer and americans demand a little livlier sporting event, both to participate and watch

712445[/snapback]

Distance Running is an individual event. Scientest have done studies on why Kenyan's are so dominant and can't figure it out.

Soccer is a team sport and while being poor does not take away from someones overall athletic ability it should sure as hell make a difference on the field.

These clowns from the US Team are given every opportunity to train at a State of the Art facility in Southern California and travel the world on chartered jets. They are a bunch of punks and an even bigger bunch of pansies.

Distance Running is an individual event. Scientest have done studies on why Kenyan's are so dominant and can't figure it out.

Soccer is a team sport and while being poor does not take away from someones overall athletic ability it should sure as hell make a difference on the field.

These clowns from the US Team are given every opportunity to train at a State of the Art facility in Southern California and travel the world on chartered jets. They are a bunch of punks and an even bigger bunch of pansies.

712458[/snapback]

The resolve of the Americans is shown in the following quote

Haminu Draman put the Africans ahead in the 22nd minute, breaking in alone on goalkeeper Kasey Keller after colliding with Claudio Reyna, who crumpled to the ground in pain.

Way to gut it out for the team. The guy is going by you and you lay down on the field and cry. Did I cry when crayon boy slammed my tail in the door? No. It just made me type better.

Another tipoff might be having a guy on your team named Kasey with a K. That projects quite the manly image. Well, maybe in soccer.

As they say....When in Rome... or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

712517[/snapback]

He looked quite confused.....I thought maybe it was Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams. Still, he looked the part for as well as he coached.

I don't care for soccer.....err suckor. But I do remember all the publicity it started receiving here in the early 90s. About 15 years later, they still have a team as "good" as the ones they kept talking about back then.

712426[/snapback]

Ummm

Ummm

Ghana has 2 players who play in Serie A and 1 player who plays in the English Premiere League (Starters). You could train at Area 51 for all I care, when USA doesn't have one player in the top leagues, you won't be good.

Ummm

Ummm

Ghana has 2 players who play in Serie A and 1 player who plays in the English Premiere League (Starters).  You could train at Area 51 for all I care, when USA doesn't have one player in the top leagues, you won't be good.

712573[/snapback]

If that is the case then why do we even field a f**king team? Why go out and embarass ourselves by getting our asses handed to us by the entire world. I can think of better things to waste my tax dollars on.

If I want to be represented by a group of chumps that lie down like a bunch of dogs than I'll move to France.

If that is the case then why do we even field a f**king team? Why go out and embarass ourselves by getting our asses handed to us by the entire world. I can think of better things to waste my tax dollars on.

If I want to be represented by a group of chumps that lie down like a bunch of dogs than I'll move to France.

712586[/snapback]

Because it takes time.

Back in the mid-90s, after they held the World Cup here, I was one of those people who would vigorously defend soccer to all the non-soccer people. Partly because I played it way back in the 70s when no one here in the US knew how to coach it and you could go off into the woods, get high, and then trot back out onto the field without getting hasseled by The Man.

I also defended it vigorously in the mid-90s because I just don't like people and enjoy arguing with them just for the hell of it. But even I can't muster up the energy to argue over soccer anymore. I just don't care.

Back in the mid-90s, after they held the World Cup here, I was one of those people who would vigorously defend soccer to all the non-soccer people.  Partly because I played it way back in the 70s when no one here in the US knew how to coach it and you could go off into the woods, get high, and then trot back out onto the field without getting hasseled by The Man. 

I also defended it vigorously in the mid-90s because I just don't like people and enjoy arguing with them just for the hell of it.  But even I can't muster up the energy to argue over soccer anymore.  I just don't care.

712600[/snapback]

It is difficult. In US, there is NBA, NFL, Golf, MLB, to some extent the NHL. Tough to grab attention from a population who already spends most of their time on many other sports.

If that is the case then why do we even field a f**king team? Why go out and embarass ourselves by getting our asses handed to us by the entire world.

712586[/snapback]

You need to understand that the entire world hates the US. We're pompous and gluttonous and materialistic and free enterprise and free speech and we let gays marry and we invade little towns like Iraq because the oilmen in the White House need more money and have a plan for world domination and...quite frankly...everyone is sick of us.

What you don't know is that we intentionally put a bad team in the World Cup competition because we need the world to see us get knocked down a peg or two so they will ultimately start feeling sorry for us as the token underdog, and then when we finally start winning, people will no longer hate us...but rather they'll cheer for us! Even the people from Ghana. That's right. The goddam Ghanans will yell "USA! USA!" in the Ghanan language and at the moment...the very moment...that it seems like the entire world wants to accept us and like us, we'll give the microphone to Sylvester Stallone and he'll tell everyone he could see they didn't like him and he didn't like them none either, but then they started to like him and he started to like them.

"And if I can change, and you can change, then everyone can change!!!"

That's why our teams sucks at soccer, man. It's the first step toward world unity.

We're takin' one for the team, man. Takin' one for the team.

You need to understand that the entire world hates the US. We're pompous and gluttonous and materialistic and free enterprise and free speech and we let gays marry and we invade little towns like Iraq because the oilmen in the White House need more money and have a plan for world domination and...quite frankly...everyone is sick of us.

What you don't know is that we intentionally put a bad team in the World Cup competition because we need the world to see us get knocked down a peg or two so they will ultimately start feeling sorry for us as the token underdog, and then when we finally start winning, people will no longer hate us...but rather they'll cheer for us! Even the people from Ghana. That's right. The goddam Ghanans will yell "USA! USA!" in the Ghanan language and at the moment...the very moment...that it seems like the entire world wants to accept us and like us, we'll give the microphone to Sylvester Stallone and he'll tell everyone he could see they didn't like him and he didn't like them none either, but then they started to like him and he started to like them.

"And if I can change, and you can change, then everyone can change!!!"

That's why our teams sucks at soccer, man. It's the first step toward world unity.

We're takin' one for the team, man. Takin' one for the team.

712665[/snapback]

That was a great speech. Why is there no applause smiley :rolleyes::doh: